Jared Nickens - SG - Westtown School - Monmouth Junction, N.J. - MARYLAND

• 23 replies
"He lists offers from Oregon State, Temple, Providence, St. Joseph's and Seton Hall, with interest from Oklahoma, Dayton, Miami, Georgetown and St. John's"

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1497876

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/165265/jared-nickens

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:07:33 PM by Moose »

gman

Re: Jared Nickens - SG - Westtown School - Monmouth Junction, N.J.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:06:47 AM »
Zags has a post up on nickens stock rising if someone wants to post or link. Paultz fall asleep at the wheel!  :)

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:14:17 AM »
Zags has a post up on nickens stock rising if someone wants to post or link. Paultz fall asleep at the wheel!  :)

He doesn't list us.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »
“@TheRecruitScoop: Oklahoma & St. John's are the latest to offer 2014 Sports U (NJ) wing Jared Nickens.”

“@JonRothstein: Love his game. Burgeoning prospect RT @TheRecruitScoop: Oklahoma & St. John's are the latest to offer 2014 Sports U (NJ) wing Jared Nickens.”
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:16:29 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 01:22:31 PM »
JARED NICKENS HIGHLIGHT VIDEO (ST PATRICK HIGH SCHOOL, ELIZABETH, NJ)

I like what I see. Tall shooter with high, quick release.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

NYCoffey

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »
The intro of that video sent me into seizures.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 01:59:48 PM »
seems very methodical.  unlike any big lavin recruit here so far.  im interested

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 01:59:49 PM »
“@TheRecruitScoop: Oklahoma & St. John's are the latest to offer 2014 Sports U (NJ) wing Jared Nickens.”

“@JonRothstein: Love his game. Burgeoning prospect RT @TheRecruitScoop: Oklahoma & St. John's are the latest to offer 2014 Sports U (NJ) wing Jared Nickens.”

Jon must have just had the Clams Oreganata at Carmine's.  Mint.

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 04:05:47 PM »
Tayshaun Prince II??

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 11:37:54 PM »
Tayshaun Prince II??
Pretty good comparison. Right handed version.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 04:23:56 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Miami has offered @Jnickens_1227

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 04:54:03 PM »
Visiting Oregon St in May:

"I recently got offers from Miami, South Florida, St. John's, Oklahoma, Dayton, UMass, Creighton and Wake Forest," Nickens told BeaverBlitz.com. "Miami kinda caught my eye but other than that I'm still open to everybody right now. I'm not close to making a decision."

The Hurricanes caught Nickens' attention for the reason you might imagine: Recent success.

"I wouldn't say they came from out of nowhere but they kinda just brought attention on themselves. Everybody has been talking about Miami," he said.

While more interest and more offers may be on the horizon don't expect Nickens to forget about Oregon State anytime soon.

"I stay in contact with [Oregon State] and speak with them real often," he said. "Like every other day. I talk to their coaches a whole lot.

"I just like the freedom they give their players on the court. I probably could judge more after I take my visit on May 10."

http://oregonstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1500809

gman

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »
It would be great to start getting kids out of jersey

Chilleb

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »
He's a poor mans sylvan landesberg. Hes longer though.

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »
Guess who plays for an Under Armour sponsored AAU team?

http://maryland.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1501584

Sports U is an Under Armour based AAU team in New Jersey who Nickens (a Jersey kid, who formerly played at St. Patrick HS) plays for. Sports U Head Coach Brian Coleman went more into detail about Nickens and his recruitment.

"St. John's just offered, as did Maryland, and he's getting some interest now from Florida," said Coleman.

Other schools known to have offered include Rutgers, Providence, Wake Forest, Oregon State, Seton Hall, Temple, Miami, VCU, UMass and others, and we expect more to follow.

We asked Coleman about the Maryland offer.

"Maryland just offered this week," said Coleman. "I am pretty sure it's a school Jared would have interest in. They will be competing in a big conference, and from what I can tell, they'll have some openings on the wings for shooters and scorers."

Coleman added the game plan is for Nickens to wrap up his recruitment early.

"Jared wants to sit down soon and get a workable number of schools," said Coleman. "He'd like to take a few visits after the July live period and then make a decision in late summer."

Nickens, who excelled for Sports U at the recent Hoop Group tournaments in Pittsburgh and Philly, could wind up being a prime recruit target for the Terps. He's got the scoring ability the program needs, and has solid academic credentials and character as well. We'd expect to see his name on some Top 50 national lists before long.

MCNPA

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »
I really like this kid's shot.  Need a shooting guard like this.

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2013, 05:07:07 PM »
“@ebosshoops: Others ranked above him, currently, but Jared Nickens looks like best prospect on Sports U to me.”

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 06:34:04 AM »
And that's why some peeps will be named "dull sweet"
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »
"SG/SF JARED NICKENS, WESTTOWN (PA.) SCHOOL
Nickens is another guy who decided that he wanted to do a year of prep school and he's making it work. At 6-foot-6, he's a high-level, jump-shooter with fluid athleticism and some ability to score off the bounce."

“@TheRecruitScoop: The top-15 non-ranked recruits who could enter the Rivals150 in the near future, courtesy of @ebosshoops - http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1508739

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Jared Nickens could step in for a college team right now and average two made 3's a game. Really long SF. Would excel with a strong PG.”