Myles Turner - C - Trinity High School - Euless, TX

• 41 replies

paultzman

Re: Myles Turner - C - Trinity High School - Euless, TX
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
Yup

Nice Karr & Chris get to know Myles Turner and Abu.

“@obekpa12: Off to jersey wif the bro @KarrSampson14  #nikeskillsacademy #stjbb”
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:14:25 AM by paultzman »

sju89tr

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »
It really looks like our staff did some good work in the early open period. Time for them to really make a dent in July.

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 11:42:19 AM »
Yup

“@obekpa12: Off to jersey wif the bro @KarrSampson14  #nikeskillsacademy #stjbb”

Yup
and more
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 12:42:11 PM »
Yup

Yup
and more

Diallo right?
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »
Yup

Yup
and more

Diallo right?

Yes

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 11:09:42 AM »
Up to #5 in latest Scout ratings.

paultzman

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 08:06:24 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Tom Konchalski told me 2014 F Myles Turner has as much potential as any big man outside of Jahlil Okafor”

crgreen

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 08:37:02 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Tom Konchalski told me 2014 F Myles Turner has as much potential as any big man outside of Jahlil Okafor”

I have never seen the 6'11 Turner referred to by ANY other observer as a forward.  Can't tell  from the wording if its Zags or Konchalski making the reference.

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 08:49:55 PM »
“@GiveNGobball: Myles Turner (@Original_Turner) was my M.V.P. today at the Nike Skills Academy. Very athletic and is a beast in the paint.”

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »
Too bad

Reggie Rankin ‏@ReggieRankin
Myles Turner list heading into July Evaluation Period Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Connecticut, Duke, G-Town, Indiana, Kansas, Kansas St, UK, Louisville, Marquette, Miami (FL), UNC, NC St, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Tex A&M, UT-Arlington, UCLA, UNLV

desco80

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
Who has a list of 26 schools they're interested in?

I get being undecided and having an open mind, but nobody's interested in that many places.   

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 09:02:11 PM »

I get being undecided and having an open mind, but nobody's interested in that many places.   

26 down from 60

Moose

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 09:02:42 PM »

26 down from 60

Well least we made that 64 errr 60
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 11:43:41 PM »

26 down from 60

Well least we made that 64 errr 60

If we even made it, he never specifically mentioned us as an option

NYCoffey

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
I know were not in it but he's cutting it down to 10 at the end of the month. Gotta research the 26 schools on his list. I thought that kid Anya had a ridiculously long list. But I think Myles beat him.

3d 

Myles Turner ? @Original_Turner

@ReggieRankin has my updated list of 26 will trim to about 10 schools at the end of this month taking this time to do research

?View location ?· ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

crgreen

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »
I know were not in it but he's cutting it down to 10 at the end of the month. Gotta research the 26 schools on his list. I thought that kid Anya had a ridiculously long list. But I think Myles beat him.

3d

Myles Turner ? @Original_Turner

@ReggieRankin has my updated list of 26 will trim to about 10 schools at the end of this month taking this time to do research

Turner is a very unique case.   4 months ago he was a virtual unknown - completely unranked.  These guys you're comparing him to for "size of lists" have had multiple years to pare down THEIR selections.  This is a kid who's   almost literally JUST started his recruiting - per EVERY site I can find, he didn't have a SINGLE D-1 offer until March of THIS year.  He NOW has 37 (Arkansas offered TODAY).   That he's already paring down to only 10 is actually remarkable - there's been virtually NO time for unofficial visits, getting to know coaches and staffs.  Heck, he's still tryng to figure out what HIS level actually IS. 

NYCoffey

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
I didn't know. What happened that his recruiting started so late? Late bloomer, growth spurt, no exposure?

crgreen

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2013, 10:08:04 PM »
I didn't know. What happened that his recruiting started so late? Late bloomer, growth spurt, no exposure?

I really don't know - I'm guessing no exposure, poor competition in high school.  In the SCOUT.COM database, the EARLIEST mention of this kid was from April of this year at the Jayhawk shootout (AAU).  He was 7'0, and had already completed his junior year of hoops!.   Did find one interview online with him from 2012 - at the time his HS team was 8-8.   

Hoops recruit MYLES TURNER visits with Old School Gridiron

desco80

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2013, 10:09:07 PM »

3d

Turner is a very unique case.   4 months ago he was a virtual unknown - completely unranked.  These guys you're comparing him to for "size of lists" have had multiple years to pare down THEIR selections.  This is a kid who's   almost literally JUST started his recruiting - per EVERY site I can find, he didn't have a SINGLE D-1 offer until March of THIS year.  He NOW has 37 (Arkansas offered TODAY).   That he's already paring down to only 10 is actually remarkable - there's been virtually NO time for unofficial visits, getting to know coaches and staffs.  Heck, he's still tryng to figure out what HIS level actually IS.

All true.  But it doesn't explain having Kentucky, UT-Arlington, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Miami, and UCoNN on your list.  Those schools have nothing in common.   Even 8th graders have a relative idea of what kindve school they like. 
He had schools from all 4 corners of the country, from the Sun Belt to the ACC, from middle of nowhere Kansas State to urban schools like Geprgetown, and schools with minimum academic requirements to institutions loke Stanford and Duke. 
That's not being undecided, that's BSing everyone. 

Which, whatever, that's his right.  Coaches obviously spew nonsense to him.  But, he's not really considering all those schools.  Can't be. 

gman

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2013, 08:33:19 AM »

3d

All true.  But it doesn't explain having Kentucky, UT-Arlington, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Miami, and UCoNN on your list.  Those schools have nothing in common.   Even 8th graders have a relative idea of what kindve school they like. 
He had schools from all 4 corners of the country, from the Sun Belt to the ACC, from middle of nowhere Kansas State to urban schools like Geprgetown, and schools with minimum academic requirements to institutions loke Stanford and Duke. 
That's not being undecided, that's BSing everyone. 

Which, whatever, that's his right.  Coaches obviously spew nonsense to him.  But, he's not really considering all those schools.  Can't be.

I believe ut Arlington was his first offer