Max Hoetzel - SF - Calabasas - Calabasas, CA - INDIANA

• 103 replies
Re: Max Hoetzel - SF - Calabasas - Calabasas, CA
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »
If you all want to look at a current player (who by COINCIDENCE is white - lmao), check out the Terps' Evan Smotrycz this season.  He's a 6'9" stretch who was doing what you're all talking about while at Michigan.  He got to practice all last season as a transfer, and word is Evan can pour it in deeper than deep, and has solid passing and rebounding skills to round himself out.

Get a look because Max might be in that mold if he apparently improves some non-shooting skills.  and his name's killer - Smo' Treys...yessir

2010-2011 Evan Smotrycz Highlight Video
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:15:17 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
If you all want to look at a current player (who by COINCIDENCE is white - lmao), check out the Terps' Evan Smotrycz this season.  He's a 6'9" stretch who was doing what you're all talking about while at Michigan.  He got to practice all last season as a transfer, and word is Evan can pour it in deeper than deep, and has solid passing and rebounding skills to round himself out.

Get a look because Max might be in that mold if he apparently improves some non-shooting skills.  and his name's killer - Smo' Treys...yessir

Hey bball what is going on with Dalonte Hill at Maryland?

kob24

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2013, 07:44:24 AM »
Indiana offered last night

paultzman

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »
Indiana offered last night

For 2014
“@JordanLittman: Can confirm that Indiana has offered Wilbraham and Monson forward Max Hoetzel (@YungHoetz) for 2014. #iubb”

paultzman

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2013, 02:58:45 PM »

Since transferring to Wilbraham and Monson Academy (Mass.) from Calabasas (Calif.) High School this past summer, Max Hoetzel has seen his recruitment take off.
Well, it’s reached another level.

Indiana has offered the 6-foot-7 forward as part of its 2014 class, only weeks after discovering him while recruiting his WMA teammate, Goodluck Okonoboh. The offer also comes just after Indiana coach Tom Crean and assistant Kenny Johnson visited Hoetzel in Massachusetts this past Tuesday evening.

On Saturday, Hoetzel, along with his parents who will fly in from California, will make the trip to Bloomington for an official visit that will last through Monday.
“I would really, really consider it, especially since it’s Indiana,” Hoetzel told Inside the Hall on Oct. 14. “The past, the program, the coaching, I’d definitely really consider it.

“But it’s all about the fit. I want to come in somewhere where I can really play and exploit my strengths. If that does happen with IU, it will be wonderful.”

In recent weeks, Hoetzel has also been offered by St. John’s, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island and has received additional interest from Florida, Harvard, Iowa State and Kansas.

The three-star prospect reclassified to 2015 when he transferred to WMA, though he can still graduate this spring in time to join Indiana’s 2014 recruiting class.

“@JordanLittman: New on ITH:  2014 F Max Hoetzel gets Indiana offer, will visit this weekend http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/10/24/2014-f-max-hoetzel-gets-indiana-offer-will-visit-weekend/ #iubb”

MCNPA

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »
I guess our staff was on to something with this kid...

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2013, 05:32:50 PM »
I guess our staff was on to something with this kid...
Maybe but the end game is to sign good players not just be on to them.

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »
Are we scheduled for a visit?

kob24

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
Yes

Moose

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2013, 07:26:12 PM »
Yes

Kob- you have been talking about this kid a lot.  Is he gonna run with Scan now that he's on the East Coast?
Remember who broke the Slice news

kob24

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »
Hmmm if he stays 2015 u never know moose. U never know

Moose

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »
Hmmm if he stays 2015 u never know moose. U never know

:)
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2013, 09:57:53 PM »
“@AdamFinkelstein: Indiana gets a big time shot-maker in Wilbraham & Monson's Max Hoeztel”

Hoeztel picked up a quick offer from St. John’s as a member of the 2015 class, but when the Hoosiers expressed interest in having him this year, he opted to return to his original graduating class of 2014 and head to Indiana next year. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:00:06 PM by paultzman »

kob24

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
Yeah he commited

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »
“@AdamFinkelstein: Indiana gets a big time shot-maker in Wilbraham & Monson's Max Hoeztel”

Hoeztel picked up a quick offer from St. John’s as a member of the 2015 class, but when the Hoosiers expressed interest in having him this year, he opted to return to his original graduating class of 2014 and head to Indiana next year. 

So we would of rather had him in 2015? That really doesn't make sense to me

kob24

Re: Max Hoetzel - SF - Calabasas - Calabasas, CA - INDIANA
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2013, 03:06:59 PM »
Trust me stormy it would have made sense

MCNPA

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2013, 04:20:21 PM »

Aka, KOB knows something we don't...

« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »

Appreciate the input

tnice

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2013, 07:42:40 PM »

Aka, KOB knows something we don't...

aka we're in on somebody better than this kid. Be nice to know who that might be.

« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2013, 08:31:53 PM »

Hey bball what is going on with Dalonte Hill at Maryland?
A bit of a side track, but Dalonte had his second DUI while with MD, on the heels of his 2008 (I think) offense at KSU.  Dalonte already had to have been on a short leash, and by taking a personal leave of absence (presumedly to go into heavier rehab than he previously privately went through), the jury is still out whether or not Dalonte will be let go when he gets back.

I have mixed feelings.  I have compassion for the frailty in us all, and likewise for Dalonte, but the main question will be can Turgeon trust that DH will be able to handle whatever demons still haunt him.  His dependence issue is tough because he didn't kill anyone (yet), so I wonder if UMD will try and help him further.  On the other hand, it would be perfectly understandable if he were let go due to this behavior.  By all accounts, DH is a well liked coach and person by everyone he comes across.  He's kind of the quiet, "cool cat" kind of guy from what I've heard.  Add in that he's a beast DMV recruiter, and the Terps have a serious dilemma. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:32:38 PM by bball purist »