Wilfredo Rodriguez - SF - Cheshire Academy - Cheshire, CT

• 28 replies
Re: Wilfredo Rodriguez - SF - Cheshire Academy - Cheshire, CT
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
Sooner or later it all boils down to winning.  We only did it once and got some players.  Like it or not we're two years behind now and it's holding us back.  Lavin's good but even the best salesman needs a good product.  A couple of years in the dance and we'd be loaded.  Meanwhile you've got to take what you can get.  Even Norm's leftovers got us to the tourney so rankings aren't all that matters.

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 11:24:44 AM »
Man are we going to start offering to transfers from Sister Mary's school of the poor next!  Dismantle the program.  No hope for anything!  It is over....

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 11:48:35 AM »
Man are we going to start offering to transfers from Sister Mary's school of the poor next!  Dismantle the program.  No hope for anything!  It is over....
I never thought DJ, Paris, Hardy and Brownlee were Sisters of the Poor players but they sure weren't high in the rankings.  There's a lesson there somewhere.  I'll just settle for a full roster of solid competitors - not necessarily one and doners.

SJUFAN

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »
Need those glue guys. Those who are willing to sit on the bench a couple years, develop, then contribute as upper classmen. That is how most top programs sustain success. Upper classmen augmented by a couple of 1-2 year players. I believe Felix and C. Jones will be prime examples of that. Believe it or not we are stacked at every position.  Its going to be difficult for Lavin to sell top kids with no playing time to offer, that's the reality.

crgreen

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »
Need those glue guys. Those who are willing to sit on the bench a couple years, develop, then contribute as upper classmen. That is how most top programs sustain success. Upper classmen augmented by a couple of 1-2 year players. I believe Felix and C. Jones will be prime examples of that. Believe it or not we are stacked at every position.  Its going to be difficult for Lavin to sell top kids with no playing time to offer, that's the reality.

Unless it's someone so good (ie Rysheed) that it doesn't matter WHO'S on the depth chart already.

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 11:23:45 AM »
Cheshire Academy post-grad Wilfredo Rodriguez was watched by Hofstra, Hartford, Sacred Heart, CCSU, & Niagara last night

Chilleb

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 11:48:18 AM »
Cheshire Academy post-grad Wilfredo Rodriguez was watched by Hofstra, Hartford, Sacred Heart, CCSU, & Niagara last night

So he's not a big east talen ???

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »
Technically I think proximity played a bigger part
All local programs minus Niagara