Dominic Artis - PG - Oregon (transfer)

• 163 replies
Dominic Artis - PG - Oregon (transfer)
« on: June 19, 2014, 05:25:26 PM »
RT @GTuckerF150 Oregon transfer Dominic Artis will visit St. John's this weekend, per a source

Artis was allegedly involved in strong-arming and basically locking a woman in a room during an alleged sexual assault: t.co/3GkVj9pvwo
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:27:33 AM by jumpinjohnny »
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Re: Dominic Artis, complicit in alleged rape - Oregon (transfer)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 05:55:24 PM »
anyone think this is a good idea, if true?

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:59:34 PM »
The incident had some god awful details. Terrible and disgusting stuff if true. One note from it however was that the female did admit to having consensual sex with artis the morning after.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »
The incident had some god awful details. Terrible and disgusting stuff if true. One note from it however was that the female did admit to having consensual sex with artis the morning after.

Yes,  She also said thought that the previous night Artis strong-armed her to stay in the room in which the rape occurred and basically locked her in.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 07:01:13 PM »
Confirmed;
@NYPost_Brazille: St. John's will be hosting Oregon transfer Dominic Artis this weekend, per source. #sjubb @GTuckerF150 first to report.

TheVig

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 07:09:26 PM »
The one transfer that we shouldn't be touching with a ten foot pole, we invite to campus.... Great

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 07:17:22 PM »
If this off season is any measure, he is just here for a trip to the City and will sign somewhere else.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 07:29:53 PM »
If this off season is any measure, he is just here for a trip to the City and will sign somewhere else.

And all the Kool Aid drinkers will say its not that HE turned us down, its that Steve Lavin didn't deem him worthy enough of joining our sainthood.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 07:33:11 PM »
Lavin trying to give school an excuse to fire him?

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 08:21:13 PM »
Lavin trying to give school an excuse to fire him?
Either that or he thinks he is the second coming of Jarvis.

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 09:27:28 PM »

And all the Kool Aid drinkers will say its not that HE turned us down, its that Steve Lavin didn't deem him worthy enough of joining our sainthood.
Are their any Kool Aid Drinkers left?

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 11:28:02 PM »
this reeks of desperation..

Might as well throw an offer at Brandon Austin as well...

Poison

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 11:29:44 PM »
Jayson Williams. Ron Artest. Sharif Fordham. Grady Reynolds. Abe Keita. Elijah Ingram, Nurideen Lindsey. We're a program that should shut the F up.

LoganK

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 03:55:12 AM »
Jayson Williams. Ron Artest. Sharif Fordham. Grady Reynolds. Abe Keita. Elijah Ingram, Nurideen Lindsey. We're a program that should shut the F up.

Why was Nuri included in this list?  I'm just unaware of anything he's done that would cause you to compare him to an alleged rapist.

pmg911

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 08:06:27 AM »
Why even talk about players who had issues after the left St. John's..?

The bottom line is that this kid should not be at St. John's....  the risk/reward is just not worth it.

As someone posted above, its reeks of desperation.

Poison

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »
Why even talk about players who had issues after the left St. John's..?

The bottom line is that this kid should not be at St. John's....  the risk/reward is just not worth it.

As someone posted above, its reeks of desperation.

Our incoming class has already signed one player with a record. People make mistakes. In regards to this particular situation, how do we know just involved Artis was? If this was Brandon Austin, I'd be more concerned. That kid has been booted from 2 schools in less than a year. In a way, that's impressive.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 08:15:00 AM »
Is he a player any of us can root for?  I'm disappointed in Lavin.

Poison

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 08:17:54 AM »

Why was Nuri included in this list?  I'm just unaware of anything he's done that would cause you to compare him to an alleged rapist.

I wasn't trying to compare to him to any one person in particular. Just trying to point out that we've had our share of characters. Nurideen didn't rape anyone as far as we know. True, but he clearly has emotional issues. I brought him up because of his poor character. Point is, we loved him in the first two weeks, then we got to know him a little better.

Let's give Artis a chance. No one knows what he's really guilty of, unless you were there.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 08:52:36 AM »

I wasn't trying to compare to him to any one person in particular. Just trying to point out that we've had our share of characters. Nurideen didn't rape anyone as far as we know. True, but he clearly has emotional issues. I brought him up because of his poor character. Point is, we loved him in the first two weeks, then we got to know him a little better.

Let's give Artis a chance. No one knows what he's really guilty of, unless you were there.

We know what he's accused of and we know he's too dirty for Oregon. If someone proves none of that stuff is true, then fine, but why put St. John's students at risk?