Dominic Artis - PG - Oregon (transfer)

• 163 replies
Re: Dominic Artis - PG - Oregon (transfer)
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »
St. John's should be ashamed of itself for bringing out and propping up Jayson Williams at fundraising events (photographed with our new President and Lavin early this fall).  

As for Artis, all I'll say is that Lavin's decision to recruit him (and continue to recruit him) has turned a number of important decision-makers and money people at SJU against him and his staff.  If he misses the tournament and is ultimately let go or pressured to leave, this could play a decently large factor.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

redslope

« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »
While every one is entitled to their opinion on Jayson; I believe in the story of the prodigal Son.  He has been doing good things without self promoting them.  If JC could preach that one should give a sinner another chance, who are we to argue.  If Jayson can stay away from the booze, he will make something out of the chaos that was his life.   

Foad

« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »
While every one is entitled to their opinion on Jayson; I believe in the story of the prodigal Son. He has been doing good things without self promoting them. If JC could preach that one should give a sinner another chance, who are we to argue. If Jayson can stay away from the booze, he will make something out of the chaos that was his life.

The prodigal son didn't shoot his dog.

Poison

« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »
While every one is entitled to their opinion on Jayson; I believe in the story of the prodigal Son. He has been doing good things without self promoting them. If JC could preach that one should give a sinner another chance, who are we to argue. If Jayson can stay away from the booze, he will make something out of the chaos that was his life.
How many another chances should he get before society becomes the idiot?

« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
While every one is entitled to their opinion on Jayson; I believe in the story of the prodigal Son.  He has been doing good things without self promoting them.  If JC could preach that one should give a sinner another chance, who are we to argue.  If Jayson can stay away from the booze, he will make something out of the chaos that was his life.
Calipari actually talked about sinning?

redslope

« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2014, 08:30:07 PM »
I guess some people are perfect and have never done anything wrong--congratulations to you.  To those who are human and do err, payment for the crime deserves a second chance.  Jayson did the time and paid the civil costs.  Let him get on with his life.   He is trying to find redemption through good works.  If that is not enough for you then you have missed something that the Vincentians were teaching.

Poison

« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2014, 09:28:07 PM »
I guess some people are perfect and have never done anything wrong--congratulations to you. To those who are human and do err, payment for the crime deserves a second chance. Jayson did the time and paid the civil costs. Let him get on with his life. He is trying to find redemption through good works. If that is not enough for you then you have missed something that the Vincentians were teaching.
LOL. Thanks for that. 

« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »
Sign him. The best PG this team would have in years

« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »
I guess some people are perfect and have never done anything wrong--congratulations to you. To those who are human and do err, payment for the crime deserves a second chance. Jayson did the time and paid the civil costs.,...

He actually DIDNT do the time.  And he's made the same "mistake" several times.  He may deserve to live but St Johns shouldn't be propping him up as one of theirs at University-sponsored events.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
I have met Jayson a couple of times and was always nice to me, that being said doesn't change fact he killed someone and then jumped in the pool right afterwards. He is also lucky he did not spend a lenghty time in prison
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:51:54 PM by newyorker2586 »

redslope

« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2014, 04:48:56 PM »
Jayson DID serve time--26 months for the manslaughter and drunk driving charges out of 6 year sentence.  He was released early and that only happens for good behavior.  since he has gotten out, he has been "quiet" and is keeping sober one day at a time.  You don't have to for get the bad times but maybe it is time to forgive the sinner.

Foad

« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »
. He was released early and that only happens for good behavior.
No. Sentences are routinely reduced for time served by about a third. They are reduced for not bad behavior, which is not at all the same thing as good behavior.

paultzman

« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2015, 06:52:50 PM »
@CESPN1: Oregon and HC Dana Altman sued by the alleged victim of the 2014 sexual assault involving 3 ex-Ducks.

TONYD3

« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2015, 07:32:52 PM »
Sued for what? I read the police report. It was really bad, but what was the school or coaches fault?

Poison

« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2015, 08:14:23 PM »
I hope this doesn't get in the way of Artis coming to play here next season.

« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2015, 08:48:53 PM »
I hope this doesn't get in the way of Artis coming to play here next season.

+1

« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2015, 09:05:57 PM »
If Lavin is staying bring him in we know he can play

Poison

« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2015, 10:05:25 PM »
If Lavin is staying bring him in we know he can play

How good is he?

« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2015, 10:14:33 PM »
What did he do? Never was aressted . never charged , why shouldn't he play? Heisman trophy qb is playing for his second chpinship .
http://media.oregonlive.com/ducks_impact/other/14-04131.pdf
How could anyone want this kid on campus after reading that report.?
St.John's has had much worse—and people they've celebrated, too. Does this kid have a history of situations like this? If he doesn't, I'd give him a sec one chance.
Please do tell what St. John's basketball player has done "much worse" and been celebrated...?
Don't ask him, ask Gus Christofi.
Yeah Jayson Williams did sooooo much wrong while he was at St. John's.
Good point, he only assaulted a fan with a chair while at Saint John's. He didn't murder anyone until he graduated. In any event, that wasn't the question. Good try though.

To my recollection the fan got in the way of the chair by not ducking

« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2015, 10:32:24 PM »
how many years left would he have?