Amar Alibegovic - Bosnia - ST. JOHN'S

• 50 replies

TONYD3

Re: Amar Alibegovic - Bosnia
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »
I said something stupid about this guy a few days ago.  But really Is he any good? Does anyone know? Is he better then max or marco?

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 02:43:59 PM »
I said something stupid about this guy a few days ago.  But really Is he any good? Does anyone know? Is he better then max or marco?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyqhLDhC3-0

Hes number 7 in white. Can hardly tell anything from this. Has a nice pass around 45 second mark and then scores on drive on next play. Interview at the end. This is going on 3 years ago keep in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAwdYyqmeHU

more recent vid with two blocks at the end.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:47:48 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 02:51:33 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jDgRUZW2r4

This is a video of Dennis Alibegovic who some were saying is a real good prospect. It is the same kid who Amar took a picture with on instagram a few days back with the hash tag #brothers.

So good news seems to be that they are brothers after all.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 02:58:59 PM »
@AdamZagoria: Steve Lavin missed Peach Jam to recruit Alibegovic in Bosnia. Now he got him and may still get Briscoe &/or Beasley.

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 04:25:27 PM »
Or both!

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »
fair question, don't think we will really know until a few games into the season. I hope he is more productive than Marco, please!

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
fair question, don't think we will really know until a few games into the season. I hope he is more productive than Marco, please!

important to note he will be a freshmen, with full eligibility. Let's not judge him by his first few games of American basketball, ever, period.

This is the kind of kid you might even redshirt, but I wouldn't expect much first year in terms of production or minutes.

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 06:36:53 PM »

important to note he will be a freshmen, with full eligibility. Let's not judge him by his first few games of American basketball, ever, period.

This is the kind of kid you might even redshirt, but I wouldn't expect much first year in terms of production or minutes.

Exactly, nothing wrong in developing him over several years hopefully.

Re: Amar Alibegovic - Bosnia - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 08:26:43 PM »

I agree, I'm just hoping to see some potential to tease me a bit.

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 08:27:52 PM »
There is little downside if any to this signing.

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 09:06:09 PM »
Kid has been playing alongside professionals in Europe.  I'll wait to see him play before I write him off.

boo3

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 09:26:50 PM »
 He doesn't need to be super productive right off the bat.. Give him some time to assimilate on the court and off.   A big body with an outside touch?  Nothing to lose here...  If he gets 5-10 minutes a night, that's fine...

I'm starting to get excited for the season...We should be pretty good.

Tiznow

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 10:38:05 PM »
He joins a senior heavy team with a mature JUCO added to the mix. 

You would think he won't be playing significant minutes this year, but if the season unfolds like last season he may be the guy with the ball in his hands up one with under 20 seconds in the game.   

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 12:35:58 AM »
He joins a senior heavy team with a mature JUCO added to the mix. 

You would think he won't be playing significant minutes this year, but if the season unfolds like last season he may be the guy with the ball in his hands up one with under 20 seconds in the game.   

zing!

Poison

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 09:30:42 AM »
Welcome to St.John's Amar Alibegovic. May you make us all eat our words.

Poison

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 09:51:12 AM »
http://www.nycbuckets.com/2014/08/st-johns-lands-eligible-big-can-immediately-contribute/

This doesn't really say anything. It talks about not getting your hopes up, but we all already know this. No one should expect more than 2 and 1 in his first year. Beyond that, it's gravy.

paultzman

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
As Fordham noted, there is no down side to getting Amar.  I look at how Auda improved over time at Seton Hall & became a very functional player. Hopefully  Amar  can also evolve into a solid contributor with some seasoning. Do not expect much year one nor throw him to wolves. Let him get stronger, acquire a better sense of the college game & increase his skill level. This is certainly worth a try. If he doesn't make it, so be it.

TONYD3

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 11:36:14 PM »
There is little downside if any to this signing.
Again I said something stupid about this kid a few days ago. I said He sounds shitty. Honestly I have no idea how good he is. He seems like a lottery ticket/slash project. I hope this kid does well however why should we invest so much in a kid from another country instead giving a local kid a chance. Shooting guard from Christ the King no interest (at fordham). Fudd from boys and girls- no interest. Shooting guard from Jefferson- think he went down south some where. I understand all 3 of these guys had issues however still think it is a much better idea giving a chance on any and of these then Marco, max, and this new guy.