Diallo or Sampson or Both?

• 128 replies
Re: Diallo or Sampson or Both?
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2015, 11:39:25 AM »
Simple, would we rather have Lavin and Sampson or Mullin, Slice, Matty, Sima, Williams, Owens(16) and budding relationship with Rawle? I know i which one i would choose.
I think I'd take Sampson plus whoever else Lavin would bring in, instead of Sima and Williams.  Sima is only a three star.  And Owens is good but Lavin could have brought in someone like him easily.  51st rated juco; not a big deal.  Sampson is a big deal two and done recruit. Very hard to get guys like that.  Then release Lavin and bring in Mullin.

The truth with Mullin is he saw the writing on the wall in Sacramento.  He was on the outs with the owner who wanted him to coach the team.  He was reassigned and saw the writing on the wall.  Basically, he was run out of there. Louie has always wanted his boy in there and he may lack for objectivity here.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chris Mullin, but  I would have preferred that they waited a year so Lavin could recruit.  Then he'd have a more talented roster to coach.

Mark Jackson's also out there.  He has experience, a real coaches personality, and he is a minister with his own church and congregation.  If you read Boeheim's  book "Bleeding Orange" he  says you recruit the mothers.  Who better to recruit the mothers of  high school basketball players then a Protestant Christian preacher man?  Who also happens to be a top basketball alumnus and the second leading assist man in NBA history!
Plus - unfair advantage - Boeheim even had Bernie Fine's wife recruiting for a while
Fine's wife?  I don't get the joke.  It doesn't fit with what I posted.  The fact is that these mothers would love Mark Jackson.  And you might think it's hilarious Baldi but how can you not think it's true.  African Americans are the most church going ethnicity in a churchgoing country.  They take their Christian faith very seriously.  The fact is that the mothers would love him.  That's who I want recruiting. Why did the NFL players have such an affinity for Tebow?  A big part of it was his strong faith.  I'm telling you, it goes over well with African Americans if it is genuine.  Well Mark is so genuine about it that he has thousands of followers in his congregation.  Plus you can't deny the fact that he has a coach's personality.

I don't mind at all if you disagree, but you have to say why.  No one word response and no personal attacks.
Mark could send them one of those pictures
Just read the article in the link.  So that's what you were talking about  with "one of those pictures"  That's incredible.  That's messed up.  There's incredible evil in this world bros.  She was probably acting like she didn't want to do it but he talked her into it.  He's a fake man of god? Like I said above, just because you are Christian, does not mean you are without sin. Especially in Protestantism. Martin Luther said we are saved by faith alone.  This is what the Protestants believe.  Pitino does just fine in recruiting though.  People don't hold what he did against him.  It's really between him and his wife.

Your posts make me want to vomit.  Can you join another site to talk about this crap?  Jesus  (small pun intended).
Hey, I didn't bring it up.  Read what I wrote.  All I said is that Jackson would make a good college coach.  Other people brought up what happened with him.  And I also said no christian is without sin.  If that makes you vomit then you better see a doctor.
You stated he could play up the Christian minister angle.  It was pointed out if he did that, the sordid details of the affair/extortion plot would be brought up by opposing coaches. You can't have it both ways of the discussion.  He would be better served to keep any talk about basketball.
Hey Bball, I didn't know about the "sordid affair" and I DID NOT BRING IT UP!  When I finally read the links I said "no christian is without sin". That shouldn't make you puke. I was objecting to him saying the posts make him puke, but I didn't post anything about the affair; others did.
I was only referring to your comment about how Jackson could recruit the mom's with the Christian minister angle. My first thought after the affair was brought up was he might be recruiting them for something else. Then, I thought this all should end as he probably will never coach at the Alma mater
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:48:23 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2015, 03:10:07 PM »
Simple, would we rather have Lavin and Sampson or Mullin, Slice, Matty, Sima, Williams, Owens(16) and budding relationship with Rawle? I know i which one i would choose.
I think I'd take Sampson plus whoever else Lavin would bring in, instead of Sima and Williams.  Sima is only a three star.  And Owens is good but Lavin could have brought in someone like him easily.  51st rated juco; not a big deal.  Sampson is a big deal two and done recruit. Very hard to get guys like that.  Then release Lavin and bring in Mullin.

The truth with Mullin is he saw the writing on the wall in Sacramento.  He was on the outs with the owner who wanted him to coach the team.  He was reassigned and saw the writing on the wall.  Basically, he was run out of there. Louie has always wanted his boy in there and he may lack for objectivity here.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chris Mullin, but  I would have preferred that they waited a year so Lavin could recruit.  Then he'd have a more talented roster to coach.

Mark Jackson's also out there.  He has experience, a real coaches personality, and he is a minister with his own church and congregation.  If you read Boeheim's  book "Bleeding Orange" he  says you recruit the mothers.  Who better to recruit the mothers of  high school basketball players then a Protestant Christian preacher man?  Who also happens to be a top basketball alumnus and the second leading assist man in NBA history!
Plus - unfair advantage - Boeheim even had Bernie Fine's wife recruiting for a while
Fine's wife?  I don't get the joke.  It doesn't fit with what I posted.  The fact is that these mothers would love Mark Jackson.  And you might think it's hilarious Baldi but how can you not think it's true.  African Americans are the most church going ethnicity in a churchgoing country.  They take their Christian faith very seriously.  The fact is that the mothers would love him.  That's who I want recruiting. Why did the NFL players have such an affinity for Tebow?  A big part of it was his strong faith.  I'm telling you, it goes over well with African Americans if it is genuine.  Well Mark is so genuine about it that he has thousands of followers in his congregation.  Plus you can't deny the fact that he has a coach's personality.

I don't mind at all if you disagree, but you have to say why.  No one word response and no personal attacks.
Just read the article in the link.  So that's what you were talking about  with "one of those pictures"  That's incredible.  That's messed up.  There's incredible evil in this world bros.  She was probably acting like she didn't want to do it but he talked her into it.  He's a fake man of god? Like I said above, just because you are Christian, does not mean you are without sin. Especially in Protestantism. Martin Luther said we are saved by faith alone.  This is what the Protestants believe.  Pitino does just fine in recruiting though.  People don't hold what he did against him.  It's really between him and his wife.

Your posts make me want to vomit.  Can you join another site to talk about this crap?  Jesus  (small pun intended).
Hey, I didn't bring it up.  Read what I wrote.  All I said is that Jackson would make a good college coach.  Other people brought up what happened with him.  And I also said no christian is without sin.  If that makes you vomit then you better see a doctor.
You stated he could play up the Christian minister angle.  It was pointed out if he did that, the sordid details of the affair/extortion plot would be brought up by opposing coaches. You can't have it both ways of the discussion.  He would be better served to keep any talk about basketball.
Hey Bball, I didn't know about the "sordid affair" and I DID NOT BRING IT UP!  When I finally read the links I said "no christian is without sin". That shouldn't make you puke. I was objecting to him saying the posts make him puke, but I didn't post anything about the affair; others did.
I was only referring to your comment about how Jackson could recruit the mom's with the Christian minister. My first thought after the affair was brought up was he might be recruiting them for something else. Then, I thought this all should end as he probably will never coach at the Alma mater
I know, bball, but at the time I posted about him coaching at SJU, did I know about the affair?  No, I didn't.  So I'm not trying to have it both ways, I just was not aware of the affair at the time of the initial posting.  And then I responded to Marillac's unfair posting about  him puking.  Say the guys who mentioned it in such an explicit way make you puke.  Not me.

But if I was aware initially of the  affair, I would not have said that Jackson could have been hired before CM.

« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2015, 06:49:00 PM »

I was only referring to your comment about how Jackson could recruit the mom's with the Christian minister. My first thought after the affair was brought up was he might be recruiting them for something else. Then, I thought this all should end as he probably will never coach at the Alma mater
I know, bball, but at the time I posted about him coaching at SJU, did I know about the affair?  No, I didn't.  So I'm not trying to have it both ways, I just was not aware of the affair at the time of the initial posting.  And then I responded to Marillac's unfair posting about  him puking.  Say the guys who mentioned it in such an explicit way make you puke.  Not me.

But if I was aware initially of the  affair, I would not have said that Jackson could have been hired before CM.
True - now I see the timeline you were talking about - makes sense

TQ

« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2015, 07:53:02 PM »
Guess we will settle for neither.. Diallo to Kansas

« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2015, 10:01:58 PM »
Kansas wins the sweepstakes

Moose

« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2015, 04:02:43 PM »
Where is HNK?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Tha Kid

« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2015, 04:06:24 PM »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2015, 04:38:32 PM »
Where is HNK?

Kansas
He's going to slip in a SJ's NLI for Cheick to sign - lol

redslope

« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2015, 05:42:21 PM »
I guess the answer to the question posed by this topic is Both :)