Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany - ST. JOHN'S

• 390 replies

MCNPA

Re: Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2016, 06:07:54 PM »
Impact player right away? Starter?

I hear staff thinks he is an impact player. Starter? We'll see.

Is he more of a 3 or 4?

From what I read & from game tape samples, he looks like a 3 or stretch 4 occasionally.
Hey guys remember he real young may not be finished growing

He's already 6'9" without shoes apparently...  I'll take 6'10"+ sith shoes on the court and day for a kid with his ability.   Kid has long arms and really high smooth release.  Good athlete and crafty.  Would be a great pickup.  We will have a very skilled and long frontcourt next season..

Moose

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2016, 07:54:08 PM »
Paultz why isn't this official yet?

Thanks in advance

All the best!
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2016, 07:59:13 PM »
Paultz why isn't this official yet?

Thanks in advance

All the best!

Freudenberg family read this site today. All the worst to you as well Mouse! :)

« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »
He's signing. Relax

paultzman

« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2016, 09:22:37 PM »
He's signing. Relax
Missed the joke Baldi? Moose & I just playing man.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:23:52 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2016, 10:20:44 PM »
He's signing. Relax
Guess Ricky doesn't do redmen.

ras

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2016, 11:14:46 PM »

Is he more of a 3 or 4?

From what I read & from game tape samples, he looks like a 3 or stretch 4 occasionally.
Hey guys remember he is real young may not be finished growing
I'm not worried about his height. Needs to gain weight and put on muscle. But, that will come.

« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2016, 11:40:12 PM »
He's signing. Relax

I missed the joke?

paultzman

« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2016, 08:22:30 AM »
He's signing. Relax

I missed the joke?
The exchange between Moose & me. Let's just move on.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:23:11 AM by paultzman »

derk

« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2016, 10:34:30 AM »

Is he more of a 3 or 4?

Hey guys remember he real young may not be finished growing

He's already 6'9" without shoes apparently...  I'll take 6'10"+ sith shoes on the court and day for a kid with his ability.   Kid has long arms and really high smooth release.  Good athlete and crafty.  Would be a great pickup.  We will have a very skilled and long frontcourt next season..

Porzingas junior

Wods317

« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »
U like that we have a nice mix of foreign and American players. There are some good programs who have used this model to their advantage. This could become a great pipeline into Europe for years for the staff.

MCNPA

« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »

Is he more of a 3 or 4?

I'm not worried about his height. Needs to gain weight and put on muscle. But, that will come.

Weight and muscle is overrated.  Basketball skill and smarts isn't.  Anybody can put on muscle.  If we have a 6'10" kid that can shoot and has skills, we are in good shape.  Rebounding etc is more about positioning and aggressiveness than muscle anyway.   In addition, he won't be guarding the 5-spot and we have some other good rebounders like Sima, Yakwe etc to help.

goredmen

« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2016, 07:50:35 PM »
I know everybody looks good in YouTube highlight videos but damn this kid has perfect form on his shot
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:50:51 PM by goredmen »

cjfish

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2016, 09:30:32 AM »
be nice to have a bigman who can make freethrows, agreed that his form is great and he looks like he has a first step

desco80

« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2016, 11:32:23 PM »

Is he more of a 3 or 4?

Weight and muscle is overrated.  Basketball skill and smarts isn't.  Anybody can put on muscle.  If we have a 6'10" kid that can shoot and has skills, we are in good shape.  Rebounding etc is more about positioning and aggressiveness than muscle anyway.   In addition, he won't be guarding the 5-spot and we have some other good rebounders like Sima, Yakwe etc to help.

Don't repeat this nugget of wisdom to Mussini.
He's a perfect example of why muscle and a little weight matter.

It's not the end of the world that he's thin.  But I don't dismiss any one attribute out of hand so easily, and I'm leery of anyone who does.  We've seen what recruiting just athletes does.  We've seen what recruiting size does (coker, Evans etc). And we've had undersized guys like hardy with all the skill in the world.

At the end of the day, good players, and coincidentally good teams, are a mix of all the above.   
Freudenberg would be a great addition. But he still needs to beef up.

« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2016, 12:24:55 AM »

Is he more of a 3 or 4?

Don't repeat this nugget of wisdom to Mussini.
He's a perfect example of why muscle and a little weight matter.

It's not the end of the world that he's thin.  But I don't dismiss any one attribute out of hand so easily, and I'm leery of anyone who does.  We've seen what recruiting just athletes does.  We've seen what recruiting size does (coker, Evans etc). And we've had undersized guys like hardy with all the skill in the world.

At the end of the day, good players, and coincidentally good teams, are a mix of all the above.   
Freudenberg would be a great addition. But he still needs to beef up.

It probably would be better if he was a little bigger but its not the end of the world. People thought steph curry and durant were too thin. They'll beef him up if need be

MCNPA

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2016, 07:08:43 AM »
Mussini's issue is if anything speed and height.  Nothing to do with muscle IMHO.  Freudenberg is a good athlete and has excellent height.  With his skill set, the muscle part isn't a huge deal IMO.  He will add muscle over time.

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2016, 08:43:26 AM »
The way the NBA game has evolved, and with the NBA style CM wants to play, shooting is a vitally important skill  It's great to see that the current staff considers it important, especially after SJU's years of preferring "athletes" over shooters. If Freudenberg can shoot the way he's shooting in Europe, the coaching staff will find ways to maximize his abilities.

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2016, 10:43:16 AM »
Mussini's issue is if anything speed and height.  Nothing to do with muscle IMHO.  Freudenberg is a good athlete and has excellent height.  With his skill set, the muscle part isn't a huge deal IMO.  He will add muscle over time.

In open space Mussini is very quick. Its getting bumped that bothers hinders him most.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.