Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany - ST. JOHN'S

• 390 replies
Re: Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2016, 11:10:01 AM »
Still need a big who could get us an easy bucket or two down low. No on fits that description on next years projected roster.
Perhaps a fifth year transfer.

I have not seen Owens play, so don't know if he could help there.
Can't believe I am saying this but Jones could help out in this regard. Sorry for those of you pushing him out the door.

derk

« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2016, 11:26:54 AM »
Still need a big who could get us an easy bucket or two down low. No one fits that description on next years projected roster.

Yes. A 6'10" 260 banger. Like that Farr kid last night or Angel Rodriguez. Doesn't even need to be as good as that. Just be a banger.

hnk

« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2016, 11:30:01 AM »
10 rebounds....a good, solid five fouls clogging the middle...some weight...some muscle......a real upper body....spelling Sima, Yakwe, Owens.......Ali plus 20lbs of muscle?

cjfish

« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
VERBAL COMMIT TODAY, SEE NY POST......HUUUGE!!!!

ras

« Reply #224 on: February 04, 2016, 01:48:07 PM »
Still need a big who could get us an easy bucket or two down low. No on fits that description on next years projected roster.

Can't believe I am saying this but Jones could help out in this regard. Sorry for those of you pushing him out the door.
I was going to post something similar and I did not like Jones coming into this year. Still don't think you can count on him for an easy basket. But he really has improved this year. Hes our only big that is a physical specimen and will not get out muscled. Wont push him out the door so fast. But, If we get Thon and Alkins ,I would be willing to say hasta la vista.

« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2016, 02:33:33 PM »

I was going to post something similar and I did not like Jones coming into this year. Still don't think you can count on him for an easy basket. But he really has improved this year. Hes our only big that is a physical specimen and will not get out muscled. Wont push him out the door so fast. But, If we get Thon and Alkins ,I would be willing to say hasta la vista.

Jones is not a player that you can throw the ball in and have him get two easy points via a post up. At least not regularly. However his skill set is different then any of our other bigs and does possess the best offensive game 15 feet and in.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2016, 02:38:26 PM »

Jones is not a player that you can throw the ball in and have him get two easy points via a post up. At least not regularly. However his skill set is different then any of our other bigs and does possess the best offensive game 15 feet and in.

That little jump hook he has is not bad. No one is saying your boy is Charles Barkley but he is the only big we have who wouldn't have sand kicked in his face at the beach

« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2016, 02:48:19 PM »

That little jump hook he has is not bad. No one is saying your boy is Charles Barkley but he is the only big we have who wouldn't have sand kicked in his face at the beach

hahah!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2016, 03:47:02 PM »
Welcome to the SJU family Richard, can't wait to see you shoot it next year.

How many ships are left for next year?

hnk

« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2016, 04:04:05 PM »
Assuming no eligibility issues or guys leaving early or getting pushed out: none. Felix, Ron, Deron leave replaced by Ponds, Ahmed, Freudenberg....plus Lovett, Owens.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:06:57 PM by hnk »

« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2016, 04:10:37 PM »
So lets just say if Alkins and Maker wanted to come (yeah I know it's a a long shot, but just gonna say it.), we'll get 2 guys to transfer?
I know if they both wanted to come, then they'd be here.

Poison

« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2016, 04:12:44 PM »
He looks like a great addition. Hammer to rock. Oh, wait.

Wods317

« Reply #232 on: February 04, 2016, 04:17:41 PM »
So lets just say if Alkins and Maker wanted to come (yeah I know it's a a long shot, but just gonna say it.), we'll get 2 guys to transfer?

We still have one more open ship for next year unless i am mistaken.

redslope

« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2016, 04:26:25 PM »

Correct--12 scholarship players this year including Lovett and Owens.  3 complete eligibility plus one that was open from this year.

« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2016, 04:33:06 PM »

Correct--12 scholarship players this year including Lovett and Owens.  3 complete eligibility plus one that was open from this year.

TY.   I assume someone will transfer, and the 2 ships would be on hold for Rawle and Maker I assume.
If one didn't want in at SJU, then Matt would go after a transfer is what I'm thinking.

« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2016, 04:42:28 PM »
 ⚪️🔴 https://twitter.com/hashtag/fromMUCtoNYC?src=hash

Statement from Richard

« Reply #236 on: February 04, 2016, 06:03:24 PM »
Welcome Richard, Weiss biers and jaegerschnitzel will be flying at Stammtisch!

« Reply #237 on: February 04, 2016, 06:27:33 PM »
Great job Matt. When is Slice going to wheel in a recruit

Paultzman great job as always Adkins next

« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »
Very well said by Richard. So glad there wont be eligibility issues with him

Johnny23

« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2016, 07:06:41 PM »
Welcome to the big city Richard!