Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany - ST. JOHN'S

• 390 replies

MCNPA

Re: Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #300 on: March 14, 2016, 10:18:20 PM »
Mussini at 81% at the halfway point to 1000 shots

https://twitter.com/FMussini/status/709479917814222849

Yeah but 500 more is a lot of shots!  Real world implications, Mussini is actually a very good shooter but as a 6'0" guard with very limited athleticism, he has trouble finding that shot second half of season.  It's understandable.    He killed Syracuse because he's built to shoot like that against zones.  So for future teams playing us i.e. Syracuse.. Things might not go well for them, especially with 6'10" Freudenberg across the way who can definitely get those shots off and also take to the dribble..  Oh and scorers like Lovett, Ponds, Ahmed and others...  Things are definitely changing entering next season...  Lot more scorers...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:19:49 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #301 on: March 14, 2016, 10:36:41 PM »
Matt A took open questions on twitter today.  When asked about the team's most pressing need for next season, he replied, "shot making."

MCNPA

« Reply #302 on: March 14, 2016, 11:02:04 PM »
Matt A took open questions on twitter today.  When asked about the team's most pressing need for next season, he replied, "shot making."

Honest answer and he's right...  Defense will come with more experience and talent.  Defense can be taught.  Making shots a different story.

Marillac

« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2016, 12:24:45 AM »

Scary answer.  Perimeter defense was the biggest weakness the team had this past season and it wasn't even close.  We were dead last in the league in defense by three points and 15 ppg back of #1 Nova.  Ellison and Mussini have no shot guarding point guards or quick combos.  Just by adding Ponds and RF, getting Lovett on the court, and moving Mussini to a better role the made shots will go way up. 

LoganK

« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2016, 08:53:14 AM »

Scary answer.  Perimeter defense was the biggest weakness the team had this past season and it wasn't even close.  We were dead last in the league in defense by three points and 15 ppg back of #1 Nova.  Ellison and Mussini have no shot guarding point guards or quick combos.  Just by adding Ponds and RF, getting Lovett on the court, and moving Mussini to a better role the made shots will go way up. 

Can't really judge defense by ppg....we played at the fastest tempo in the conference (by a fair margin), so it should be expected that we would give up more points.  Per possession, we were only second to last on D :P
Nova was first at .95 points per possession down to Georgetown in 8th with 1.05.  We followed at 1.07 and Depaul was terrible at 1.14.
This is all conference games only.  Overall, our defense was middle of the pack.  144th in per possession D.  It was our offense that was awful.  309th.
I'm not saying our defense was good, but it wasn't the biggest problem.

Marillac

« Reply #305 on: March 19, 2016, 11:02:44 PM »

Can't really judge defense by ppg....we played at the fastest tempo in the conference (by a fair margin), so it should be expected that we would give up more points.  Per possession, we were only second to last on D :P
Nova was first at .95 points per possession down to Georgetown in 8th with 1.05.  We followed at 1.07 and Depaul was terrible at 1.14.
This is all conference games only.  Overall, our defense was middle of the pack.  144th in per possession D.  It was our offense that was awful.  309th.
I'm not saying our defense was good, but it wasn't the biggest problem.

Understood.  There are more variables involved, but we didn't pass the eye test.  We were awful at anticipating and fighting through screens.  Ellison and Mussini don't have the lateral speed to guard point guards or combos.  They were consistently out-quicked and out-muscled on the perimeter and outmuscled down low. 

paultzman

« Reply #306 on: March 22, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »

Richard Freudenberg –  ‏@RichardFreudenb

Tune in on Saturday for our first game vs Japan!!  http://www.basketball-bund.de/news/ast-2016-livestream-sportdeutschland-tv-dbb-homepage-159644 … #ge

derk

« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2016, 10:52:38 AM »

Richard Freudenberg –  ‏@RichardFreudenb

Tune in on Saturday for our first game vs Japan!!  http://www.basketball-bund.de/news/ast-2016-livestream-sportdeutschland-tv-dbb-homepage-159644 … #ge

Give em hell RF. That means good luck we're all rooting for you

paultzman

« Reply #308 on: March 26, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »
Richard Freudenberg is putting on an early show. Monster block, two 3s, transition dunk and rebounds. Captain of the German U18.

Per NBA Draft Prospects today in tourney game

paultzman

« Reply #309 on: March 26, 2016, 04:54:49 PM »
 Had 18 points,10 rebounds & shot 7/11 in win over Japan today. He played 19 minutes.

« Reply #310 on: March 26, 2016, 05:08:18 PM »
Just caught a few minutes he was playing in third quarter. Like the way he moves around and covers the court. Also has good size and appears to be pretty athletic. Great form on his shot. Good get and when he develops physically should be a real nice player.

paultzman

« Reply #311 on: March 26, 2016, 07:22:55 PM »
Richard Freudenberg
‏@RichardFreudenb

Great Team effort today!! Great way to start the tournament!! Tomorrow we're doing the same thing vs Argentina! #teamger #AST16

goredmen

« Reply #312 on: March 26, 2016, 07:33:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/draftprosnba/status/713858751749627904

Nice little video of some of his highlights from the game

derk

« Reply #313 on: March 26, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
Richard Freudenberg
‏@RichardFreudenb

Great Team effort today!! Great way to start the tournament!! Tomorrow we're doing the same thing vs Argentina! #teamger #AST16
Great job RF. Keep it up

MCNPA

« Reply #314 on: March 26, 2016, 09:09:29 PM »
Kid looks athletic and skilled.   Very good.  We will be happy to have a kid like this. 

« Reply #315 on: March 26, 2016, 09:10:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/draftprosnba/status/713858751749627904

Nice little video of some of his highlights from the game
Nice to have a perimeter player with that size.

Foad

« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2016, 09:11:59 PM »
Like the way he moves

Something in the way he moves
Attracts me like Anthony Glover
Something in the way she Boos me
I don't want to Steve Shurina now
You know I believe Ben Howland
Yeah yeah yeah

« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2016, 09:23:43 PM »
Like the way he moves

Something in the way he moves
Attracts me like Anthony Glover
Something in the way she Boos me
I don't want to Steve Shurina now
You know I believe Ben Howland
Yeah yeah yeah
LOL
PS forgot to mention he has good swivel in his hips!  :)

« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2016, 09:32:31 PM »
Video posted a couple days ago.... Some are clips from previous vids, while there are several other "new" clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXks9rXTis

MCNPA

« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2016, 09:57:49 PM »
He reminds me of one of those white  long, skilled, duke players that we never land.  We landed one once...  And even the black one we landed in Rowshown McLeod recognized he was misused and went to Duke where he fit in and lit it up!