Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany - ST. JOHN'S

• 390 replies
Re: Richard Freudenberg, SF, Germany - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2016, 10:09:56 PM »
He reminds me of one of those white  long, skilled, duke players that we never land.  We landed one once...  And even the black one we landed in Rowshown McLeod recognized he was misused and went to Duke where he fit in and lit it up!
Don't give RF any ideas.  ;) :)

« Reply #321 on: March 26, 2016, 10:11:01 PM »
Kyle Wiltjer esque

« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2016, 10:13:29 PM »

« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2016, 12:23:21 AM »
Kyle Wiltjer esque

Wiltjer more much more interior skills. RF more of a small forward. KW more power forward in my opinion.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2016, 12:40:06 AM »
Kyle Wiltjer esque

Wiltjer more much more interior skills. RF more of a small forward. KW more power forward in my opinion.

Wiltjer might be more savy inside with some of his moves, but RF seems to go stronger to the basket with dunks and moves than KW.  Either way, I think it's a solid comparison and I'll take it.  Wiltjer is a good player.  Freudenberg looks ready to play.  Excited to see him here.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:41:30 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2016, 12:57:56 AM »
Kyle Wiltjer esque

Wiltjer might be more savy inside with some of his moves, but RF seems to go stronger to the basket with dunks and moves than KW.  Either way, I think it's a solid comparison and I'll take it.  Wiltjer is a good player.  Freudenberg looks ready to play.  Excited to see him here.

Wasnt a knock on RF at all. In terms of just style of play he reminds me more of a Brandon Imgram.

« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2016, 01:06:58 AM »
I have a lot of faith that the class of 2020; LoVett, Ponds, and RF, will bring the best 4 year stretch we've had this millennium. That's the way I see the roster coming together.

« Reply #327 on: March 27, 2016, 01:25:52 AM »
Let's pray he becomes even close to Wiltjer -- that kid is a hell of a college bball player and the type of kid who sticks around 3/4 years.

Kyle Wiltjer esque

« Reply #328 on: March 27, 2016, 01:27:26 AM »
And on that note, let's remember that Wiltjer went from a semi-complimentary piece (if that) as a frosh on a great team, to a solid player as a soph, to a very good player as a junior and even better one as a senior.  Didn't happen overnight.

TheVig

« Reply #329 on: March 27, 2016, 10:33:25 AM »
I think more like Kyle Singler

paultzman

« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »
In rout of Argentina today;

Next double double for Richard Freudenberg today (in just 20 minutes). Made shots and got boards. Really competitive on D. 15 & 10
Per NBA Draft Prospects

« Reply #331 on: March 27, 2016, 04:58:42 PM »
Maybe we finally got lucky. we have a young man coming in who could be a one and done but it appears he has genuine academic goals so he'll be around for a while. Expect we  will find him enrolled in the College, Pharmacy.  or Tobin   

Johnny23

« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2016, 05:14:37 PM »
If he's anything like Wiltjer then we got ourselves a helluva player. He does seem to have better SF skills than Wiltjer as someone alluded to and can attack the basket and finish which is the biggest thing missing from this current group.

« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2016, 05:15:58 PM »
Let's not get crazy here. He's 17 years old and has never played against American competition, let alone Big east upperclassmen. While he is seen as possibly having pro potential, those evaluating him see that as far down the road.

paultzman

« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2016, 05:51:48 PM »

David Hein –  ‏@heinnews

Albert Schweitzer Tournament Day Two review: Germany roll again, USA need OT to beat China  http://www.heinnews.com/basketball/nba/albert-schweitzer-tournament-day-two-review-germany-roll-again-usa-need-ot-to-beat-china/
Embedded image

« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2016, 05:57:15 PM »
Let's not get crazy here. He's 17 years old and has never played against American competition, let alone Big east upperclassmen. While he is seen as possibly having pro potential, those evaluating him see that as far down the road.
Right let's get over this loser  mentality, His age  is a  positive when  considering Pro potential. I have a question for you do you favor recruiting four stars players  and down

« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2016, 06:48:48 PM »
I'll take any and all 5 star kids the staff can get and trust CM and staff to integrate them into a cohesive team concept.

I think we'll be far better next season -- was just cautioning against considering RF a potential one-and-done talent.  He's coming in with about the same rating and reputation as Mussini did last year.  While he should have a far easier time getting his shot off, he may also have the troubles adjusting to the speed and strength of opposing Big East players that we saw Mussini struggle with.

Love that we have him, just think next year might well be a year of learning and adjusting for him.  Of course, he'll have the added benefit of playing with a real point guard, so perhaps his outside shooting skills will pay quicker dividends.

paultzman

« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2016, 07:00:27 PM »
I'll take any and all 5 star kids the staff can get and trust CM and staff to integrate them into a cohesive team concept.

I think we'll be far better next season -- was just cautioning against considering RF a potential one-and-done talent.  He's coming in with about the same rating and reputation as Mussini did last year.  While he should have a far easier time getting his shot off, he may also have the troubles adjusting to the speed and strength of opposing Big East players that we saw Mussini struggle with.

Love that we have him, just think next year might well be a year of learning and adjusting for him.  Of course, he'll have the added benefit of playing with a real point guard, so perhaps his outside shooting skills will pay quicker dividends.

Agree, nice grounded assessment.

« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2016, 07:06:43 PM »

Only thing I'm not sure about: was mussini really regarded as highly as RF? I find that hard to believe. I don't think he will be a one and done, but if he struggles the way we saw mussini struggle towards the end of the year, that's a problem.

paultzman

« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2016, 07:10:03 PM »

Only thing I'm not sure about: was mussini really regarded as highly as RF? I find that hard to believe. I don't think he will be a one and done, but if he struggles the way we saw mussini struggle towards the end of the year, that's a problem.

With better cast RF should be fine. Take a year at a time. These one & done references are crazy.