Bashir Ahmed - SF - JFK - Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 458 replies

pmg911

Re: Bashir Ahmed - SF - JFK - Bronx, NY
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2015, 12:23:26 PM »
Most  recruiting sites saying we get this player. He would be a huge get for us.

exact quote from a local assistant - "his transcript is a mess"

« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2015, 01:18:05 PM »
You don't think we should take him PMG?

« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »
Unlike the last staff, Mullin doesn't need to take chances hahaha

« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2015, 01:34:38 PM »
Most  recruiting sites saying we get this player. He would be a huge get for us.

Of course it is. Ugh.

pmg911

« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »
You don't think we should take him PMG?

Never said that...    have heard very good things about his basketball ability and that he is a good guy ...

As a fan, I hate waiting on so many kids that are academic or Clearinghouse question marks..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 01:50:49 PM by pmg911 »

« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2015, 02:39:31 PM »
Agreed.  And I know you didn't say that.  Was just asking your take on the situation in light of the discussion you posted.

Marillac

« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »

Don't want to start a fight, but this is not true.  The assistant must be talking about high school. 

« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2015, 03:01:22 PM »
If you are not qualified out of High School and go JUCO for 2 years it is near impossible for you not to qualify after that.

You would have to be a complete nice person.  By then the NCAA is only interested in your 2 years at JUCO which means the JUCO would to have done something screwed up.

« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »
If you are not qualified out of High School and go JUCO for 2 years it is near impossible for you not to qualify after that.

You would have to be a complete nice person.  By then the NCAA is only interested in your 2 years at JUCO which means the JUCO would to have done something screwed up.

Sucks that we had a near impossible case a few years back.

« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »

Who?

Tha Kid

« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2015, 03:24:00 PM »

Who?

I assume he means last year and Keith Thomas.
"I drink and I know things"

wpc77

« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2015, 03:26:52 PM »

Who?

I think he's referring to the kid who shot someone with a BB gun.  Keith Thomas.

pmg911

« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2015, 04:07:17 PM »

Don't want to start a fight, but this is not true.  The assistant must be talking about high school. 

I hope you are right but I will take the word of the guy who has taken a look at the transcripts...

TONYD3

« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2015, 05:41:35 PM »
To be eigible to play this year he needs to be a full time student and be passing. After 2 years of Juco he should have atleast 48 credits. Dont know all the rules but he should be fine.

« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2015, 06:03:38 PM »

Who?

Yeah Thomas. I know it's not exactly the same but I will never say impossible until a kid is on the court for our first regular season game.

Marillac

« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2015, 06:34:41 PM »

I hope you are right but I will take the word of the guy who has taken a look at the transcripts...

Then know you are taking the word of a guy that is either (a) violating the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act  by disclosing information found in Bashir's transcript to you or (b) outright lying to you.  It doesn't take a detective to deduce the source of your information is your purported Seton Hall contact -- the one that told you Angel Delgado wasn't going to qualify and who gives you free floor seats. 

« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2015, 07:26:01 PM »

Who?

Good point but Keith Thomas did clear and then it became clear the entire school and athletic program at his JUCO was a fraud.

Hutchinson is totally different.  Again for the most part transcripts are associated with HS kids not JUCO kids.

MCNPA

« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2015, 08:57:11 PM »
Yeah, I believe his high school transcripts are moot at this point, with him already enrolled in a 2 year college.  If his grades are ok, has enough credits and is in good standing, I don't see an issue.  There aren't any transcript(s), there is one transcript from a reputable JUCO.  As long as he's passing his classes, can't foresee an issue.

pmg911

« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2015, 11:34:05 AM »

Then know you are taking the word of a guy that is either (a) violating the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act  by disclosing information found in Bashir's transcript to you or (b) outright lying to you.  It doesn't take a detective to deduce the source of your information is your purported Seton Hall contact -- the one that told you Angel Delgado wasn't going to qualify and who gives you free floor seats. 

You didn't want to start a fight but start making accusations about a friend...   

My "purported" Seton Hall contact has not been at Seton Hall in years but glad you are paying attention....   that contact is now a Div I head coach.

As for the person violating something - he did nothing wrong because he told me nothing specific. Maybe you should call the NCAA on me and they can investigate and make sure you give then all those specifics you seem to think you know.

pmg911

« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2015, 11:39:32 AM »

Who?

Good point but Keith Thomas did clear and then it became clear the entire school and athletic program at his JUCO was a fraud.

Hutchinson is totally different.  Again for the most part transcripts are associated with HS kids not JUCO kids.

I have no idea how it works with JUCO...

So a kid that is non-qualifier can go to JUCO and as long as he passes he can be deemed eligible. Are there requirements to meet for the NCAA Clearinghouse? Do players have to get an Associates Degree or maintain minimum GPA to gain Div I eligibility..?

honestly don't know any of these answers...