Bashir Ahmed - SF - JFK - Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 458 replies
Re: Bashir Ahmed - SF - JFK - Bronx, NY
« Reply #220 on: December 19, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »
if nothing else he has to believe he will get playing time

very true... As much as first reaction would be a top level recruit gets turned off by poor play that they may exclusively back to coaching staff, the thought of sitting on the bench is in their top 2 priorities.   Let's hope he and the others in the mix see if as getting keys to a new car handed to them.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:48:36 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »
Slip sliding away. 90 days ago the signing was  just a formality, as per the postings

paultzman

« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »
Slip sliding away. 90 days ago the signing was  just a formality, as per the postings

Nonsense

« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2015, 06:36:28 PM »
I just hope the game yesterday didn't scare off Bashir Ahmed from commiting

Sitting there, he must have had a few "wtf" moments. I know I did.

« Reply #224 on: December 19, 2015, 06:57:02 PM »
Results on the court this year, IMO, will have little to no impact on the 3 recruits we are chasing.  Kids/parents/advisors are very aware that this was going to be an extremely difficult season on the court.  More important that they trust Mullin & Co to get them to the next level of basketball, whatever that may be, and provide a positive environment for them growing as young men.

paultzman

« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »
Results on the court this year, IMO, will have little to no impact on the 3 recruits we are chasing.  Kids/parents/advisors are very aware that this was going to be an extremely difficult season on the court.  More important that they trust Mullin & Co to get them to the next level of basketball, whatever that may be, and provide a positive environment for them growing as young men.
Exactly, but panic struck folks just love to say "The sky is falling".

Poison

« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2015, 01:18:16 AM »
Exactly, but panic struck folks just love to say "The sky is falling".

I don't think our recruits expect us to be a player, but we need to show them what we're trying to accomplish here. Otherwise we're just asking them to suspend belief. Another program doesn't have ask for that kind of faith. Nova is great now. UNC is great now.

SJU79

« Reply #227 on: December 20, 2015, 08:33:47 AM »
No difference ...kids coming

paultzman

« Reply #228 on: December 20, 2015, 09:18:54 AM »

For sure

« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2015, 09:44:53 AM »

For sure

Curious for your insight.  - why do you think he's holding out on a public verbal and even bothered to take the visit to Texas ?

jmac

« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2015, 11:25:34 AM »
Wouldn't you want to visit Texas for free?

« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2015, 02:06:17 PM »

Nonsense

+1

« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2015, 04:54:19 PM »
Wouldn't you want to visit Texas for free?

very fair point... Austin is fun place.

Still, these poor performing games while even if they don't hurt us, definitely don't help

« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2015, 05:25:32 PM »
Should we expect verbal before Christmas

PIB

« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2015, 06:47:26 PM »
Unless this kid BLEEDS Red and White, he is not a lock by any means.

With that said, I hope he verbals tomorrow and makes me look like a tool.

redslope

« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2015, 08:12:31 PM »
If Bashir was at both games, I know what he saw--PT and plenty of it.

SJU79

« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2015, 08:54:56 PM »
337 Division 1 mens basketball teams...avg 10 scholarships per team....do the math...not every kid recruited goes to the team with the best record that offers......Right now ST johns is a a bad basketball team.....if anybody ever thought otherwise than I'm sorry. However they have some good young talent, a really dynamic staff and as mentioned playing time, a big conference and MSG doesn't hurt. Because they lost to a college nobodies ever heard of or NJIT has ZERO impact on 99% of the kids. Any  past failures in securing kids is indicative of the recruiting efforts not the teams success.

Moose

« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »
337 Division 1 mens basketball teams...avg 10 scholarships per team....do the math...not every kid recruited goes to the team with the best record that offers......Right now ST johns is a a bad basketball team.....if anybody ever thought otherwise than I'm sorry. However they have some good young talent, a really dynamic staff and as mentioned playing time, a big conference and MSG doesn't hurt. Because they lost to a college nobodies ever heard of or NJIT has ZERO impact on 99% of the kids. Any  past failures in securing kids is indicative of the recruiting efforts not the teams success.

Oh stop trying to make sense
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2015, 11:46:47 AM »

That may be true, but no one can make a blanket statement that it doesn't matter to almost everyone. We already heard Jordan Tucker come out and say that he wants to see how Mullin uses players at his position. I think Mullin and company, by and large, will get a pass for the first year, but zero impact? I don't think we can say that.

ras

« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2015, 12:34:03 PM »
If Bashir was at both games, I know what he saw--PT and plenty of it.
He also saw ugly BB. Not saying he wont committ, but there are good teams w PT. I guess a lot comes down to what he believes is the future of the program w Mullin.