Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

Marillac

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #560 on: January 21, 2016, 03:09:38 PM »
We will land Rawle as long as Louisville doesn't come hard at him. 

He looks like a one-and-done now, but his age (no clue what it is) will play a big role.  Sometimes older and more developed kids can dominate high school, but the competition catches up to them (Felipe Lopez). 

Is this a gut feeling or inside info that you think we are in such a strong position to land him? Even if he is something slightly less then advertised he will still be an impact player and a huge recruit for how the program is viewed.

More than a gut feeling but less than conclusive inside info. 

I think he has to be a one-and-done or he could stick around four years like Le'Bryan Nash, who was a consensus top ten recruit that spent nearly two years as a projected lottery pick only to fall out of the first round in mocks at the end of his freshman year and entirely out of mock drafts by the end of his soph season.

« Reply #561 on: January 21, 2016, 03:16:45 PM »

And Jenna Jameson would be a virgin if all those guys hadn't banged her.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:17:03 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #562 on: January 21, 2016, 03:29:50 PM »
I think the one thing that sticks out is that he is going to miss games in order to take his officials.  If I was a team mate/coach it would bother me.
Believe I read where his team plays like a million gains so I would be surprised if some of his teammates weren't in the same boat.

« Reply #563 on: January 21, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »

And Jenna Jameson would be a virgin if all those guys hadn't banged her.

Anything is possible
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born-again_virgin

« Reply #564 on: January 22, 2016, 12:09:19 AM »
Looks like we have yet another St. John's crystal ball prediction. Makes it 4 in a row for us. I know the crystal ball can be a lot of bullshit but maybe they're seeing what I am. Hope so and still feeling confident about landing him.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #565 on: January 22, 2016, 01:01:46 AM »
Looks like we have yet another St. John's crystal ball prediction. Makes it 4 in a row for us. I know the crystal ball can be a lot of bullshit but maybe they're seeing what I am. Hope so and still feeling confident about landing him.

The last time I looked we were at 5% and we are now 2nd place with 21%. Hope where there's smoke......

Wods317

« Reply #566 on: January 22, 2016, 07:46:25 AM »

The last time I looked we were at 5% and we are now 2nd place with 21%. Hope where there's smoke......

I wonder what information these guys have or think they have. With 4 people picking us there must be something out there. I don't trust these predictions because they can change them and don't have to justify their choice but maybe there's something to it.

hnk

« Reply #567 on: January 22, 2016, 07:59:41 AM »
Means very little if anything.  Briscoe and his father told numerous people he was coming and then two weeks later went to Kentucky.  Of course, it doesn't mean he won't end up with us either.

paultzman

« Reply #568 on: January 26, 2016, 02:54:59 PM »
Visiting Arizona on an "unofficial" tomorrow.

« Reply #569 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:13 AM »
Per his Twitter, official visit this weekend. Close the deal Slice!

Poison

« Reply #570 on: January 29, 2016, 11:48:05 AM »
If the staff can get this kind of commitment, I think it could set off a domino effect.

paultzman

« Reply #571 on: January 29, 2016, 11:50:53 AM »
Long way to go, but at least SJU is in it.

Tha Kid

« Reply #573 on: January 29, 2016, 01:35:47 PM »
For all the doubters who felt Rawle is just "stringing us along", with a list of 10/11, it would have been easy to not take an official on St. John's because he goes home to NYC anyway.  By taking one of five officials to visit us, I think we should be confident that we are in the running, perhaps only a 10-20% chance, maybe even less, but definitely are not just a token mention to the formerly local school.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #574 on: January 29, 2016, 01:49:47 PM »
Ponds needs to help out a bit here

QuanMan

« Reply #575 on: January 29, 2016, 02:23:50 PM »
If Alvarado didn't have the SNY Invational, and Moses Brown/Cole Anthony didn't have their Molloy obligations, St.John's would be hosting each one of the premier CHSSA players this wknd. Sprinkle in the PSAL's best in Ponds as well.

Between Rawle, Rich, Duvall, Thon, BIlly Preston, Hamidou Diallo and some unknowns one or more of these guys are going to team up and be on this campus next fall.

How many times have Sid and Tucker been on campus since this staff started recruiting them? Much respect to Matt and Slice.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:29:15 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #576 on: January 29, 2016, 03:53:27 PM »
Noticed that Rawle and walk-on Dial are close. Wonder if that had anything to do with his late addition.  BTW I actually think he looks like he can play. Nice size and doesnt move like a walk-on out there.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #577 on: January 29, 2016, 04:38:52 PM »
Noticed that Rawle and walk-on Dial are close. Wonder if that had anything to do with his late addition.  BTW I actually think he looks like he can play. Nice size and doesnt move like a walk-on out there.

Cousin.

I alluded to this awhile back when people harped on playing Holifield. 
Remember who broke the Slice news

SJU79

« Reply #578 on: January 29, 2016, 05:29:56 PM »
Speaking with a  Rens board member  Rawlie loved Arizona and he believes the Carolina schools are fading if not out all together.  What he see's on the court vs Nova mean nothing...its his conversations with coaches, interaction with team and how much he misses being home(which  is A LOT). He's best bet is kid really will come to SJU. Also went on a tirade about how crazy the Heron situation played...
As an aside what is the "crystal Ball"? Thanks
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:31:45 PM by SJU79 »

goredmen

« Reply #579 on: January 29, 2016, 06:25:23 PM »
Speaking with a  Rens board member  Rawlie loved Arizona and he believes the Carolina schools are fading if not out all together.  What he see's on the court vs Nova mean nothing...its his conversations with coaches, interaction with team and how much he misses being home(which  is A LOT). He's best bet is kid really will come to SJU. Also went on a tirade about how crazy the Heron situation played...
As an aside what is the "crystal Ball"? Thanks

Thanks for the info 79. Crystal ball is a feature on 247sports where recruiting experts predict (guess) where a kid is going to go. Means next to nothing