Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies
Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #760 on: February 19, 2016, 12:59:30 PM »
Let's hope that rebound machine from St Francis College,the PG from American University or Lisa Ann can propel us to Louisville status

Utter nonsense. No one is saying that adding any 5th year senior would be a positive. Whereas you are saying that adding no 5th year senior could be a positive.

Watching you troll nowadays is like watching Willie Mays get hit in the head after circling under a fly ball in 1969 at Shea. It's a shame you didn't retire four years ago.

Boring. You used that one already

If you ever start trying again I'll come up with a new insult. Until then you only rate reruns.

Don't think it is an age thing, Norm took away his best trolling material.
Bluto needs to start becoming anti Mullin real soon because if he waits too long and the rebuild takes longer than some want / expect he might find that direction too crowded.

« Reply #761 on: February 19, 2016, 01:09:24 PM »
Let's hope that rebound machine from St Francis College,the PG from American University or Lisa Ann can propel us to Louisville status

Utter nonsense. No one is saying that adding any 5th year senior would be a positive. Whereas you are saying that adding no 5th year senior could be a positive.

Watching you troll nowadays is like watching Willie Mays get hit in the head after circling under a fly ball in 1969 at Shea. It's a shame you didn't retire four years ago.

If you ever start trying again I'll come up with a new insult. Until then you only rate reruns.

Bluto needs to start becoming anti Mullin real soon because if he waits too long and the rebuild takes longer than some want / expect he might find that direction too crowded.

Program is in good hands, I'm not worried about the direction. 

« Reply #762 on: February 19, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »

Yeah but w/o material to irritate the masses you are like  a power pitcher who lost his fastball. Time to learn a knuckle ball. Start bashing Mullin

« Reply #763 on: February 19, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »

Yeah but w/o material to irritate the masses you are like  a power pitcher who lost his fastball. Time to learn a knuckle ball. Start bashing Mullin

I've matured

« Reply #764 on: February 19, 2016, 01:24:04 PM »

I've matured

Sorry to hear that

« Reply #765 on: February 19, 2016, 06:18:15 PM »

I've matured
it's more like all the 5 star vacations you take now have mellowed you out :)

« Reply #766 on: February 20, 2016, 12:33:13 AM »
I think we should disregard Rawle. And go after Lehighs 5th year Pg

« Reply #767 on: February 20, 2016, 12:45:18 AM »
Ha Baldi on fire tonight.

« Reply #768 on: February 20, 2016, 06:40:55 PM »
i may have to head up to mid nassau and bring baldi my lavin bobblehead to get the juices flowing again

Wods317

« Reply #769 on: February 25, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »
https://twitter.com/phil_sports/status/702840019501895680

Jeff Borzello talks about Rawle recruiting. Says sju and Zona are neck and neck right now.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:49:22 AM by Wods317 »

MCNPA

« Reply #770 on: February 25, 2016, 11:52:35 AM »

Jeff Borzello talks about Rawle recruiting. Says sju and Zona are neck and neck right now.

Let's go Redmen!  Competing with the big boys!

Poison

« Reply #771 on: February 25, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
Ha Baldi on fire tonight.

If Rawlie won't be eligible, we should cut this out.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #772 on: February 25, 2016, 01:19:23 PM »

Why is this guy writing articles how we are the co-favorites with Arizona if we supposedly aren't recruiting him anymore lol. Can someone please clarify for me?

pmg911

« Reply #773 on: February 25, 2016, 01:28:01 PM »

Why is this guy writing articles how we are the co-favorites with Arizona if we supposedly aren't recruiting him anymore lol. Can someone please clarify for me?

No one can answer that because no one knows what the staff is doing.

« Reply #774 on: February 25, 2016, 02:00:39 PM »
Clearly we are still after Rawle. Good to hear. Slice said recently in a zags article as well that they are going after him hard and to gain this interest from a recruit like him is nothing other than great. I cant remember the last 5-star recruit we had (was harrison?)

MCNPA

« Reply #775 on: February 25, 2016, 04:47:52 PM »
Very little negative to continue recruiting the kid.  If we lead for him, it's definitely a good thing.   I don't want to speculated whether he will qualify or not but if the staff feels it is worth it, then it probably is.  We already have a really nice class.  Any other major talents like Rawle is gravy.

TONYD3

« Reply #776 on: February 25, 2016, 05:30:47 PM »
Elliah Ingram I think the last 5 star recruit .

« Reply #777 on: February 25, 2016, 05:50:01 PM »
If Rawle doesn't qualify; what are his options?

1. Play over seas in Europe or China.
2. Enroll at St Johns/Arizona for a year, not play, then enter the 2017 draft.
3. Enroll at St.Johns/Arizona for a year, play a year as a partial qualifier freshman a la Marcus Lovett, then enter the 2018 Draft.

Looking at things from this point of view, what are his chances of actually playing college basketball?

jmac

« Reply #778 on: February 25, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »
Elliah Ingram I think the last 5 star recruit .

Jordan.

« Reply #779 on: February 25, 2016, 11:58:02 PM »
If Rawle doesn't qualify; what are his options?

1. Play over seas in Europe or China.
2. Enroll at St Johns/Arizona for a year, not play, then enter the 2017 draft.
3. Enroll at St.Johns/Arizona for a year, play a year as a partial qualifier freshman a la Marcus Lovett, then enter the 2018 Draft.

Looking at things from this point of view, what are his chances of actually playing college basketball?

As you point out, its not a definite he plays college if he doesn't qualify for next year but I do think its highly likely he does. His draft stock would likely take a major hit if he didn't play at least one year of college ball because there are so many guards and people his size that NBA teams like to see more of than just at the HS level. May be different if he was a 7 footer like Thon Maker or someone like that, but I think he plays at least one year.