Game 28: @ Marquette

• 121 replies
Re: Game 28: @ Marquette
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2017, 10:09:21 PM »
What a legitimate waste of time. Want my 2 hours back.

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
freud looking lost yet again

His development over the summer is going to be key to whether SJU can take a big step next year or not.  The game is obviously a little above him right now but that is not unexpected. 

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2017, 10:39:06 PM »

His development over the summer is going to be key to whether SJU can take a big step next year or not.  The game is obviously a little above him right now but that is not unexpected. 

Good point on that, Rich having a clue on offense and hitting 3's as a stretch 4 would make this offense so good. Also it would keep Mussini off the court.

Foad

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2017, 10:59:42 PM »
REINHARDT JUST PICKED HIS NOSE ON LIVE TV

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2017, 11:31:20 PM »
Ellison pathetic again tonight. All the Ellison apologists can now say again adnauseam, that he is only a sophomore give him time. He is not getting any better. Team is totally unwatchable when he is on the floor.

SJUFAN

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2017, 11:56:51 PM »
Ellison pathetic again tonight. All the Ellison apologists can now say again adnauseam, that he is only a sophomore give him time. He is not getting any better. Team is totally unwatchable when he is on the floor.

Never understood what people see in him. He is similar to Sima, just not a winning basketball player. Does not do any of the "little things" that you can't capture in a stat sheet. Plays with an attitude and with such a low motor as if he is so much better than everyone else. The bone head plays are fixable. His lack of effort is who he is.

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2017, 12:07:46 AM »

He was beyond bad. If he wasn't hung over he sure looked like it. I would have benched him res today game after first half. I'd rather Mussini give up a bucket or two bc of size and know he'll trade that for a 3 than Ellison butt fumble a dribble.

Overall I'm disappointed that the team still plays pig ball. Meaning we play like individuals and don't feed off of each other. Force bad shots and worst part is some guys are talented enough to make some tough shots so they take more.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2017, 12:09:01 AM »

Never understood what people see in him. He is similar to Sima, just not a winning basketball player. Does not do any of the "little things" that you can't capture in a stat sheet. Plays with an attitude and with such a low motor as if he is so much better than everyone else. The bone head plays are fixable. His lack of effort is who he is.
Agree except for the bonehead plays being fixable. They are increasing.

« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2017, 12:20:07 AM »
Cheese Heads    - 91
Swiss Cheese D - 69

Off by a bucket each side.

« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2017, 01:53:50 AM »

You are so right. Ahmed is a big part of this. He lowers his head and never looks to kick out to open shooters as he drives. He can take it well to the rim but he plays to much of an iso street ball mentality. He picks up half of his fouls on charge calls because he seems to have little awareness. I hope he works on this in the offseason.

He was beyond bad. If he wasn't hung over he sure looked like it. I would have benched him res today game after first half. I'd rather Mussini give up a bucket or two bc of size and know he'll trade that for a 3 than Ellison butt fumble a dribble.

Overall I'm disappointed that the team still plays pig ball. Meaning we play like individuals and don't feed off of each other. Force bad shots and worst part is some guys are talented enough to make some tough shots so they take more.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:55:50 AM by Aknel79 »

« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2017, 03:53:26 AM »
No one put the ball in the hole more consistently than Bashir.  So he should pass the ball to someone who may be a bricklayer?  Two problems:  One, there's been little player improvement from earlier in the season.  Two, the defense is the worst ever at St John's and nothing is being done to address it.

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2017, 07:57:34 AM »
I catch hell every time I say it, but I would always want Mussini on the floor before Ellison. With all his defensive deficiencies, Mussini is still the better basketball player.

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2017, 08:30:23 AM »
I catch hell every time I say it, but I would always want Mussini on the floor before Ellison. With all his defensive deficiencies, Mussini is still the better basketball player.

Definitely agree there.

derk

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2017, 09:18:21 AM »
Al McGuire - 85
Al McGuire - 77

Told ya !

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2017, 09:38:04 AM »

That would not be a good thing for any hope we might have had.
Lovett staying and Clark and Simon contributing right off the bat are tied for the number one key for next year.
Number 2 would be Yakwe waking up from his coma.

RF if he stays 4 years, hopefully will be a contributor at some point by his Junior or Senior year.

Foad

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2017, 09:40:26 AM »

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2017, 09:47:32 AM »

That would not be a good thing for any hope we might have had.
Lovett staying and Clark and Simon contributing right off the bat are tied for the number one key for next year.
Number 2 would be Yakwe waking up from his coma.

RF if he stays 4 years, hopefully will be a contributor at some point by his Junior or Senior year.

Disagree, those guys like Clark and others I am already counting on since they would be playing big minutes THIS year if they were eligible.  And Yakwe plays major minutes already.  You can pinpoint theoretically anyone's development as a key including Yakwe.

Freudenberg was eligible but did not play a lot.  He did not play a lot because the game is above him right now.  But that does not have to be the case next year.  And his skills which I saw in Europe are very good if they can be refined with some size and strength.  And he is the type of player if you develop him can be a matchup nightmare for BE teams imho.

cjfish

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2017, 09:52:48 AM »
Agree that Freud has the tools.  He is young and thin and having a hard time adjusting to the quickness of the US game.  I think he will put on the weight and strength and adjust and be a major contributor by his Junior year.  Glad the Mullin is giving him some garbage time  Needs to look for his shot more to get into a rhythm, not just defer to others. 

Johnny23

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2017, 10:08:46 AM »
Agree that Freud has the tools.  He is young and thin and having a hard time adjusting to the quickness of the US game.  I think he will put on the weight and strength and adjust and be a major contributor by his Junior year.  Glad the Mullin is giving him some garbage time  Needs to look for his shot more to get into a rhythm, not just defer to others.

Confidence is key with this kid. Once he starts looking for his own more and not giving the ball up so quick I think he will surprise many on here. He's too skilled not to be contributing more.

TONYD3

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2017, 10:11:57 AM »
Another awful game. Atleast we kept them under a 100.