Posh Alexander- PG - Our Savior Lutheran- ST. JOHN’S (Signed)

• 109 replies
Re: Posh Alexander PG
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 03:01:56 PM »
Good grief. Staff closing in on a top 100 local kid that would provide stability in the most important position in the game for 3-4 years and gotta rain on the parade. Man, I don't know what Anderson did to you.

I shared my honest opinion and it looks like there was merit to that as experts clearly agree as the new 247 rankings came out just now and Posh dropped out of Top 100 while RJ Davis moved up 16 spots to 67.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 03:38:51 PM »
Posh is committing tomorrow at 6:30

Foad

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 04:09:02 PM »
I shared my honest opinion and it looks like there was merit to that as experts clearly agree as the new 247 rankings came out just now and Posh dropped out of Top 100 while RJ Davis moved up 16 spots to 67.

The farther he drops the more likely he commits. He was recently dropped from a 4-star recruit to a 3-star. If he drops to a two he's a mortal lock.

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2019, 04:16:07 PM »
This is funny. 4 star local kid is coming and the Mullin’s fans are still crying.

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019, 04:20:48 PM »

he broke his arm 3 games into his junior year...that might explain it.

goredmen

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 04:55:32 PM »

Is it within the realm of possibility that if the staff had pursued Davis heavily instead of Posh they would have ended up with neither player?

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019, 05:46:57 PM »
I’m giessing he dropped in rankings, because he didn’t play much of his junior year from injury, but tore it up on the AAU circuit this summer, we don’t need a guy like that commuting tomorrow- eye roll

TONYD3

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2019, 06:38:43 PM »
I’m giessing he dropped in rankings, because he didn’t play much of his junior year from injury, but tore it up on the AAU circuit this summer, we don’t need a guy like that commuting tomorrow- eye roll
They are just hating on coach 3rd choice.

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2019, 07:14:48 PM »
This is funny. 4 star local kid is coming and the Mullin’s fans are still crying.
Let's all hope he sucks so we can be a step closer to firing another coach which would make everybody happy.  :-[

Foad

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 07:40:54 PM »
They are just hating on coach 3rd choice.

L’Étranger
a play in one act

<a gym teacher pays $21.50 to take the train from his basement apartment in Queens to Jones Beach. on the way he pauses to take a shit and calls his mother>

Hi Mommy, it's your son, TonyD.

Oh hi baby, what's new.

Nothing much mommy, you know, living the high life. I have summer's off so I'm taking the train to Jones Beach. Can't wait to get there and sit in the sun with ten thousand other mooks. Probably I'll have a hot dog for lunch and maybe an orange soda. Then maybe I'll take a swim and piss in the ocean. Being a gym teacher I can afford to splurge on such luxuries.

That's nice honey but don't spend to much time in the sun without slathering coppertone on your pot belly and saggy tits. You know how you burn.

Stop worrying mommy. Even if I burn as a tentured gym teacher I have hella benefits .... Mommy, did I ever tell you about my internet friend foad and his erection? He -

Yes hon, you mention his erection almost daily.

But mommy, he calls Coach Anderson Coach Third Choice and today I called him coach third choice too and you should have seen his face and -

That's nice dear I'd like to meet your friend foad some day, and his erection, it sounds delicious. Why don't you invite him over for dinnner Sunday, I'm making some of that potted meat you like.

Potted meat, hmm mmm.

<finis>

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 07:49:51 PM »
I don’t like seeing that a PG has spotty shooting and defense. From the little I’ve seen his shot mechanics look solid so I’m not worried about that.

His handle looks good...just needs to use his left better like most high school kids. He appears to be very athletic.

Solid addition IMO.

SJUFAN

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2019, 09:59:25 PM »
Not bad but not great. Better than guys on the roster right now. I'd prefer a guy who can shoot better than Posh.

If going local was the goal I would have put full court press on RJ Davis but his commit to Pitt might be imminent

How is landing a local 4* kid that fills a position of need not a great addition? There being better players out there doesn’t mean they’re better options. Solid get if true.

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2019, 10:44:23 PM »
he broke his arm 3 games into his junior year...that might explain it.

That's fair and that happens. Even Donovan Mitchell dropped when he missed some time.

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2019, 10:45:33 PM »
I don’t like seeing that a PG has spotty shooting and defense. From the little I’ve seen his shot mechanics look solid so I’m not worried about that.

His handle looks good...just needs to use his left better like most high school kids. He appears to be very athletic.

Solid addition IMO.

He's a good get and probably our best one yet.

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2019, 10:48:09 PM »
Cue this on the board for Van Macon. Solid addition to the program but like most recruits we've gone after the years comes with some risk. He has a good amount of ground he needs to make up in the classroom to be eligible.

Not impossible but it's why he's not more sought after. For schools like St. John's, Seton Hall, etc you have to take chances like this.

Good one to get and should help get some more guys.

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2019, 12:45:29 AM »
Nothing this staff is good enough for many posters, but take a chance on a cross dressing felon big man and it’s worth the risk

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2019, 06:02:40 AM »
Nothing this staff is good enough for many posters, but take a chance on a cross dressing felon big man and it’s worth the risk

This staff hasn’t done much in terms of recruiting. The 2019 class was horrific. It doesn’t even matter if they fit the system and ends up  contributing. I refuse to believe that there weren’t much better players that also fit the system.

Lavin and Mullin brought in dynamic classes their first full year. I doubt Anderson comes close.

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2019, 07:53:58 AM »

This staff hasn’t done much in terms of recruiting. The 2019 class was horrific. It doesn’t even matter if they fit the system and ends up  contributing. I refuse to believe that there weren’t much better players that also fit the system.

Lavin and Mullin brought in dynamic classes their first full year. I doubt Anderson comes close.

So if the guys he brought in end up being good it won’t matter because when they were signed you didn’t think they were good enough?

What was the dynamic first class Mullin brought in? Admittedly I liked those guys, Sima and Yakwe and Lovett. Did any of them work out? Maybe it’s a good thing he’s picking fits over prospects early on. Maybe McGriff is the perfect backup pg for 4 years. Maybe Champaigne is a solid 4 year versatile forward. Maybe Coach Anderson has a better idea about the players than anyone else on this board does. And maybe he doesn’t succeed at St. John’s. If he doesn’t you, me and everybody else will let it be known, but can we give it a year or two before we declare him as a failure? 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2019, 09:30:06 AM »
Yea Ellison Sima yakwe Lovette were pillars of strength for this team