Isaih Moore - Pearl River CC- 6’10 PF - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)

• 131 replies

Marillac

Re: Isaih Moore - Pearl River CC- 6’10 PF - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2020, 05:19:36 PM »
don't know much about this kid, but he's shooting 80% from the FT line.  would be nice to have a big that we can leave in at the end of games and not worry about him getting hacked

He would have been a disastrous signing for any other coach we’ve had in my lifetime, but I think Anderson can use him well. The guy knows what he wants...I’ll give him that.

He seems like the kind of guy that could have actually squeezed production out of Tyler Jones.

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2020, 05:26:38 PM »
He would have been a disastrous signing for any other coach we’ve had in my lifetime, but I think Anderson can use him well. The guy knows what he wants...I’ll give him that.

He seems like the kind of guy that could have actually squeezed production out of Tyler Jones.

Two of our best teams this century were short on two things: height and depth.

Just curious what about his game is so unique to CMAs system.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 05:29:05 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2020, 06:44:56 PM »
From what I've seen of Moore I thing what MA like about him is he runs the court well, he is good around the basket and looks like he can hit the medium range jumper. Something we don't have now.  He is also 6'10-11 so he'd be a nice rim protector when they go to the full court press.  That's what made Georgetown's press in the 80's so impressive having Ewing protecting the rim.

TONYD3

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2020, 07:38:20 PM »
From what I've seen of Moore I thing what MA like about him is he runs the court well, he is good around the basket and looks like he can hit the medium range jumper. Something we don't have now.  He is also 6'10-11 so he'd be a nice rim protector when they go to the full court press.  That's what made Georgetown's press in the 80's so impressive having Ewing protecting the rim.
Is he over 200 pounds?

« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2020, 07:44:00 PM »

The guy is a bean pole. Last thing we need is a big man that thinks he is a guard. Hopefully he doesn't fall in love with the 3.

TONYD3

« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2020, 08:12:45 PM »
The guy is a bean pole. Last thing we need is a big man that thinks he is a guard. Hopefully he doesn't fall in love with the 3.
That’s not good news

TONYD3

« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2020, 09:17:40 PM »
Checked his game log. He takes about 1 or 2 3’s a game. He hits a good percentage. Read somewhere else LSU, Mississippi state offered.

« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2020, 12:34:27 PM »
Tariq Owens was a bean pole and now he's in the NBA

SJUFAN

« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2020, 12:54:28 PM »
He’s a stretch four. Can pick and pop from 10ft and out. Very active.

Marillac

« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2020, 01:26:45 PM »
Two of our best teams this century were short on two things: height and depth.

Just curious what about his game is so unique to CMAs system.

I believe collective length and athleticism could be what makes his system tick. Defensive versatility seems to be huge too.

It’s similar to how nobody can ever get a read on Boeheim’s teams. Some of the teams that look the worst go the furthest. But then you look closer at the absurd length they had and it starts to make sense.

I’d never even look at this kid twice if it was my system and my choice.  It looks like Anderson can get production from these raw athletes. There is some great news there because those guys are always available—especially in JUCO.

The flip side is that he doesn’t seem to be able to fully utilize top tier players that rely on skill.

I’ve coached against teams that pressure like crazy but I’ve never experienced a whole season of it so a lot of this is novel. Even former conference teams that relied on pressure like Louisville were always strong on offense and placed a premium on skill at that end.

Marillac

« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2020, 01:28:35 PM »
He’s a stretch four. Can pick and pop from 10ft and out. Very active.

That’s not why he’s being recruited here.

« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2020, 02:41:14 PM »
Tariq Owens was a bean pole and now he's in the NBA

Yeah, this guy isn't Tariq. Sorry.

« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2020, 03:09:55 PM »
So I can't say that I've seen Moore play but in speaking with college coaches there wasn't really anything that stood out about him and he struggled to get off the bench for CoC (which in fairness bigs take longer to develop).

If he can be a poor man's Paul Reed I'll take it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2020, 03:18:34 PM »
Yeah, this guy isn't Tariq. Sorry.
Tariq was nothing special here

« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2020, 01:31:05 AM »
Tariq was nothing special here

He played very well in stretches. He just couldn't stay out of foul trouble. He led the Big East in blocks and was one of the best defenders in the conference when he was on the floor.

TONYD3

« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2020, 12:49:26 PM »
He played very well in stretches. He just couldn't stay out of foul trouble. He led the Big East in blocks and was one of the best defenders in the conference when he was on the floor.
Agree with most of that. Not sure I would say he was one of the best defenders in the big east. He was above average.
I know nothing about this kid coming in. His resume is similar. Hopefully we get some other player with some size.

QuanMan

« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2020, 09:47:58 PM »
Posh and Dyl are already bonafide studs perfect for IMA's style. Vince is a lethal wing w the shooting %s Ray Allen admires. Then here is video of our lesser known big who looks like he's going to give Josh fits in practice from the jump, we are LOADED next season:

https://twitter.com/PRCCBasketball/status/1240748672104779781
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2020, 12:27:49 AM »
Hope he tones it down. Looks like a reckless jumper to me.

Poison

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2020, 12:38:47 AM »
Posh and Dyl are already bonafide studs perfect for IMA's style. Vince is a lethal wing w the shooting %s Ray Allen admires. Then here is video of our lesser known big who looks like he's going to give Josh fits in practice from the jump, we are LOADED next season:

https://twitter.com/PRCCBasketball/status/1240748672104779781

How do you see his game translating to the BE? Not sure where he fits in from watching this video. I see a lotta threes going up. His stroke is far from pure, but he's athletic, and he can throw it down. Like to get a better idea of what kind of rebounder he is when he's up against good rebounders. Roberts was a great rebounder in November. In January, he was so so. Hoping Steere comes back ripped up, and starts at center.

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2020, 02:24:50 AM »
How do you see his game translating to the BE? Not sure where he fits in from watching this video. I see a lotta threes going up. His stroke is far from pure, but he's athletic, and he can throw it down. Like to get a better idea of what kind of rebounder he is when he's up against good rebounders. Roberts was a great rebounder in November. In January, he was so so. Hoping Steere comes back ripped up, and starts at center.
In highlights they may show 3s but stats say he takes very few.