Dylan Wusu - SG - Our Savior Lutheran - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)

• 43 replies
Dylan Wusu - SG - Our Savior Lutheran - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)
« on: September 28, 2019, 06:56:12 PM »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:48:59 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Foad

Re: Dylan Wusu - SG - Our Savior Lutheran - ST. JOHN'S (Verbal commit)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 07:05:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/phavrephan4/status/1178072403580276736?s=19

Recruited by Wagner, Bryant, and Umass.

Scoff if you like but you know who else is 6'3" and would have been happily recruited by Bryant? Russell Westbrook, that's who. And he turned out to be a pretty okay college player.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 07:08:02 PM »
Scoff if you like but you know who else is 6'3" and would have been happily recruited by Bryant? Russell Westbrook, that's who. And he turned out to be a pretty okay college player.

Id trade the entire team for Westbrook

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 07:18:12 PM »
Why panic? We couldve have gotten him a year from now. CA must really see guys that specifically fit his system.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 07:23:29 PM »
Taking what he can. Teammates with Posh.
Next Vince Cole's teammate.
The hardest working staff in the country according to Hoops Weiss huh!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 12:49:28 AM by Redy2Rumble »

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 07:25:34 PM »
You take what you can for 2019 recruits.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Dylan Wusu - SG - Our Savior Lutheran - ST. JOHN'S (Verbal Commit)
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2019, 07:39:40 PM »
You take what you can for 2019 recruits.

Oh, I agree.

wpc77

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2019, 07:56:45 PM »
Package deal.  Unfortunately the package seems pretty light.  We sure do love taking packages for schools that begin with "Our Savior "

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 09:35:56 PM »
Yikes...... Not gonna lie this is pretty disappointing. Hope I'm wrong.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2019, 10:08:54 PM »
Not encouraged by another low or non ranked player. Can a high ranked play in his system too or is it just leftovers?

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 10:13:52 PM »
Another reach.

Better than some of the other guys we've landed recently but think staff got fooled as he played extremely well in July over a 2 day stretch when they were in attendance. Think his game translates better at a lower level where he can be more physically imposing. At the very least he plays hard and I think defensively he can play in Big East. Hopefully can continue to develop and become more consistent perimeter threat.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 10:17:47 PM »
It's becoming very apparent that this staff is placing an extremely high value on toughness. We might be least talented team but we'd definitely win a Royal Rumble.

SJUFAN

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2019, 12:30:33 PM »
Not encouraged by another low or non ranked player. Can a high ranked play in his system too or is it just leftovers?

He’s head and shoulders a better player than Trimble. Need to put these pick ups in perspective.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2019, 04:21:57 PM »
It's becoming very apparent that this staff is placing an extremely high value on toughness. We might be least talented team but we'd definitely win a Royal Rumble.

Considering how being soft worked out for us, maybe we give this plan a chance before condemning it?

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 05:13:25 PM »
He’s head and shoulders a better player than Trimble. Need to put these pick ups in perspective.

I would agree here for sure. Low bar but you're right and if this was a swap of scholarships I'd call this a win

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2019, 05:19:17 PM »
Considering how being soft worked out for us, maybe we give this plan a chance before condemning it?

I think a lot of folks really take things to the extreme. By offering commentary or even criticism to a move is not condemning it. It's offering honest unbiased thoughts based on my experiences and contacts within basketball world.

A guy like Wusu would have been phenomenal get for Wagner, a really solid get for UMass, and is a guy who we hope can play at his very highest potential to be a good player for us. Is this possible sure but this has been somewhat a pattern in recruiting so far and could work but this is a dangerous to long term success if it doesn't pan out.

I think Wasu is a guy who goes to Providence and winds up killing us when he's a junior/senior. So lets hope this is his path for us.

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
I wanna get the best recruits possible, that includes both fit and talent. Obviously on the surface this one seems questionable. Again I’ll trust the staff until proven otherwise.

If you don’t feel like watching a whole game just watch from 16:00 -26:00 minute mark in this game. Maybe he stunk the rest of the game I havnt watched it yet but in this ten minute stretch against a real quality team he showed a lot. 2 great drives and an and-1 finish. A few solid passes on good decisions, 3-3 from the line, 3 steals, an offensive rebound and took a charge.

https://youtu.be/W6mG6sE6F6U
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2019, 09:29:22 PM »
I think a lot of folks really take things to the extreme. By offering commentary or even criticism to a move is not condemning it. It's offering honest unbiased thoughts based on my experiences and contacts within basketball world.

A guy like Wusu would have been phenomenal get for Wagner, a really solid get for UMass, and is a guy who we hope can play at his very highest potential to be a good player for us. Is this possible sure but this has been somewhat a pattern in recruiting so far and could work but this is a dangerous to long term success if it doesn't pan out.

I think Wasu is a guy who goes to Providence and winds up killing us when he's a junior/senior. So lets hope this is his path for us.

Criticism is one thing, but it seems a bit biased to say the least. I remember how excited you were with Mussini and company, and if you wanna talk about who belongs in the BE, there wasn’t one player on that team who had any business playing the BE.

We are coming off 9 seasons where players didn’t improve. It’s long past time to walk away from the strategies that Lavin and Mullin used. If is this is a 4 year kid, who develops like a Providence player, I’ll sign up for that.

Coach Anderson lost the press conference, but he’s done this before, and it looks a lot like he’s assembled an experienced staff that he won’t have to separate like children fighting in the first year.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:34:29 PM by Poison »