Dylan Wusu - SG - Our Savior Lutheran - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)

• 43 replies
Re: Dylan Wusu - SG - Our Savior Lutheran - ST. JOHN'S (Verbal Commit)
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2019, 12:01:53 AM »
Criticism is one thing, but it seems a bit biased to say the least. I remember how excited you were with Mussini and company, and if you wanna talk about who belongs in the BE, there wasn’t one player on that team who had any business playing the BE.

We are coming off 9 seasons where players didn’t improve. It’s long past time to walk away from the strategies that Lavin and Mullin used. If is this is a 4 year kid, who develops like a Providence player, I’ll sign up for that.

Coach Anderson lost the press conference, but he’s done this before, and it looks a lot like he’s assembled an experienced staff that he won’t have to separate like children fighting in the first year.

You’re right I was excited for Mussini he garnered high praise from Jon Givony and Evan Daniels two evaluators who I trust and am close with.

I was critical of previous staff for their handling and usage of Mussini and thought they should have kept him happier and in the fold. He had his limitations defensively but he was useful offensively. Instead we got Trimble.

I’m not sure where people think Mullin and company were immune to any criticism from me. I’ve shared my thoughts about Norm, Lavin, Mullin, and Anderson.

I hope Wusu turns into Paris Horne. I really do but he’s more likely to be Quincy Roberts who I think ultimately could have contributed but saw more success transferring down.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2019, 02:26:56 AM »
Anderson compares Wusu to Jaylen Barford, a bigger guard that can get to the rim and can make off balance shots at the rim. Barford also improved from 26% from 3 his junior year to 43% from 3 his senior year. Although Barford was a juco all American like Cole is, Wusu will get 4 years to improve with Anderson.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8AluJQNPL8
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 02:36:43 AM by BannerMountainMan »

QuanMan

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »
We have some special chemistry already built between Posh/Wusu. DW is seems to be tough as nails, powerful and atheltic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2mkCjBvbw
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 12:51:13 AM »
I don’t remember seeing this kid play. What are the odds every power 6 team and every ranking list is wrong?

It seem like Anderson thinks he can beat schools like Nova and Xavier with unskilled, athletic 2* and 3* players. That seems highly unlikely without at least a few top 75 talents.

It feels like Anderson is thinking one and done here.

lihoop

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 06:22:03 AM »
Anderson is one and done or Wusu is one and done?

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 11:57:51 AM »
Anderson is one and done or Wusu is one and done?

Anderson grabs 20 wins and bounces.

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2019, 12:15:55 PM »
Anderson grabs 20 wins and bounces.

I don't think he bounces after 1 year unless the situation is real bad. I could see him getting run out if this year and next is bad.

I think we can be decent this year and best case make the tourney. While I think Anderson will struggle recruiting and other stuff that comes with St. John's he can coach and think we will see marginal improvements across the board with all the players. However Big East is tough this year so if players lose faith or injuries happen it can get ugly.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2019, 12:28:53 PM »
I don't think he bounces after 1 year unless the situation is real bad. I could see him getting run out if this year and next is bad.

I think we can be decent this year and best case make the tourney. While I think Anderson will struggle recruiting and other stuff that comes with St. John's he can coach and think we will see marginal improvements across the board with all the players. However Big East is tough this year so if players lose faith or injuries happen it can get ugly.

His recruiting doesn’t seem like a guy trying to build a future here. It looks more like someone who wants to show an interviewer he had a full class early.

I think thes trio of Williams-Roberts-Steere surprises and one of the transfers steps up to make us better than people expect and he leaves knowing he can’t replace LJ and Heron.

QuanMan

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »
His recruiting doesn’t seem like a guy trying to build a future here. It looks more like someone who wants to show an interviewer he had a full class early.

I think thes trio of Williams-Roberts-Steere surprises and one of the transfers steps up to make us better than people expect and he leaves knowing he can’t replace LJ and Heron.

This is a ridiculous assessment. Every quote from current to former players and incoming recruits highlights a complete culture change that everyone involved wants to be apart of. He's building a hardhat culture in the infancy of his tenure and getting players that fit that mold. To think that he's plotting to move on is absurd.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2019, 03:50:18 PM »

This is some f'ed up sh$t even for you.

ras

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2019, 06:25:59 PM »
I don’t believe for 1 minute MA is looking to jump ship. I think he is proud and wants to prove that his firing was a mistake.

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2019, 06:42:43 PM »
I don’t believe for 1 minute MA is looking to jump ship. I think he is proud and wants to prove that his firing was a mistake.
Bingo, trust me he felt too comfortable at Arkansas and didn’t think he would ever get fired because he was part of the glory years at Arkansas, and he’s about to make up for everything he did, he won’t be leaving St. John’s unless he gets fired. Melvin Watkins, (his long time  asst coach) said he has never been more anxious in his life to prove that the firing at Arkansas was a mistake. Tough nosed guards thrive in Anderson’s system, and y’all said Wusu was as tough as they come, but doesn’t seem to highly rated so we’ll see.

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2019, 06:50:37 PM »
Bingo, trust me he felt too comfortable at Arkansas and didn’t think he would ever get fired because he was part of the glory years at Arkansas, and he’s about to make up for everything he did, he won’t be leaving St. John’s unless he gets fired. Melvin Watkins, (his long time  asst coach) said he has never been more anxious in his life to prove that the firing at Arkansas was a mistake. Tough nosed guards thrive in Anderson’s system, and y’all said Wusu was as tough as they come, but doesn’t seem to highly rated so we’ll see.

You also said you had inside info that Earlington wasn't keeping up in practice. Why make up a narrative?

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2019, 09:51:34 PM »
You also said you had inside info that Earlington wasn't keeping up in practice. Why make up a narrative?
I did not make that up, we’ll see if Earlington can keep up, don’t see him playing over 6-10 minutes

QuanMan

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2019, 07:20:39 PM »
@PrepCircuit
Interview with Our Saviour Lutheran (NYC) senior Dylan Addae-Wusu 🏀

His plan before
@StJohnsBBall
 next fall?

“Get bigger. Get quicker. Learn the game more. Just become a vocal leader, on and off the floor.”

@WusuDylan

@OSLBasketball

@CoachPete_OSL

https://twitter.com/PrepCircuit/status/1190769175570059264
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2019, 08:04:01 PM »
@JakeWeingarten

OSL defeats Huntington Prep. St. John’s fans have a lot to be excited about. Dylan Wusu scores 31 points in the victory, Posh Alexander was dunking all over the gym.

For Huntington Prep, Bray Freeman scored 26 points.

Johnny23

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2019, 08:35:19 PM »
Looks like some real nice backcourt pieces that Anderson is bringing in. They seem to complement each other well.

SJUFAN

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2020, 02:58:54 AM »
Stats on senior night a few days ago:
Dylan Wusu: 50 Pts, 10 Ast
Posh Alexander: 30 Pts, 20 Ast

Wods317

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2020, 07:15:30 AM »
It seems like in following his stats later this season that he’s become a more consistent shooter from deep. If he can add that consistently to his game while slashing and play aggressive defense he can be a nice player.

Marillac

Re: Dylan Wusu - SG - Our Savior Lutheran - ST. JOHN'S (Signed)
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2020, 08:17:44 AM »
Did my first deep dive on OSL games and came away impressed with Wusu. He was more polished than I expected. He has excellent vision. Pretty controlled kid too.

I listened to an interview and be said all the right things. He said his game starts with defense and he is willing to do whatever it takes to win. Seems like a good fit.

His jumper (and his height) will determine if he’s a glue guy or something more. He’s got + handle and vision for the two spot. Seems like defensive and rebounding will be + as well.