Bubble Watch

• 420 replies
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #340 on: March 13, 2015, 06:45:14 PM »
Lunardi has 5 from the SEC getting in. I only see 2 deserved

While I don't think Georgia is good, they have a solid profile.  RPI 39, SOS 38.  Kentucky and Arkansas are locks.  Ole Miss and LSU are bubble teams, and at least one should not get a bid.

Georgia 0 wins vs top 50

Great call. They are bubble too.

Given these relatively inferior resumes, why do you think St John's is in a play in game?

« Reply #341 on: March 13, 2015, 06:50:37 PM »

While I don't think Georgia is good, they have a solid profile.  RPI 39, SOS 38.  Kentucky and Arkansas are locks.  Ole Miss and LSU are bubble teams, and at least one should not get a bid.

Georgia 0 wins vs top 50

Given these relatively inferior resumes, why do you think St John's is in a play in game?

Pooped the bed down the  stretch

« Reply #342 on: March 13, 2015, 06:51:31 PM »

Lunardi has now removed Richmond and replaced them with Buffalo. Iona remains in the 3rd position of the next 4 out.

« Reply #343 on: March 13, 2015, 06:55:31 PM »
Would like to see Arizona and Maryland take care of business today

« Reply #344 on: March 13, 2015, 06:55:32 PM »

Georgia 0 wins vs top 50

That doesn't seem terribly objective.  I doubt the committee will view it that way.  Losing @ Nova (RPI 3) and to PC in the BET (RPI 21, SOS 5. beat them twice already) after ripping through February is not that bad.

« Reply #345 on: March 13, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »

Georgia 0 wins vs top 50

That doesn't seem terribly objective.  I doubt the committee will view it that way.  Losing @ Nova (RPI 3) and to PC in the BET (RPI 21, SOS 5. beat them twice already) after ripping through February is not that bad.

Just my opinion, but I think the committee appreciates good play to finish the year. Not thumpings.

« Reply #346 on: March 13, 2015, 07:00:37 PM »

Georgia 0 wins vs top 50

Just my opinion, but I think the committee appreciates good play to finish the year. Not thumpings.

So are you saying that two losses to top 21 teams, including a road loss to a likely 1 seed, to close the season will put a team like Georgia higher on the S-Curve than SJU?  I understand your perspective but it really is not logical given bottom end of the at large contenders.

« Reply #347 on: March 13, 2015, 07:00:58 PM »

Georgia 0 wins vs top 50

« Reply #348 on: March 13, 2015, 07:08:58 PM »

Georgia 0 wins vs top 50

So are you saying that two losses to top 21 teams, including a road loss to a likely 1 seed, to close the season will put a team like Georgia higher on the S-Curve than SJU?  I understand your perspective but it really is not logical given bottom end of the at large contenders.

I don't think Georgia deserves a bid.  As for the 2 losses, it wasn't even close,  poor showing. Again, just my opinion

« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2015, 07:18:48 PM »

Georgia 0 wins vs top 50

I don't think Georgia deserves a bid.  As for the 2 losses, it wasn't even close,  poor showing. Again, just my opinion

Of this group of 21 teams fighting for ~15 at large bids, who do you think deserves to dance:

St. John's, Oregon, NC State, Dayton, LSU, Georgia, Colorado State, OK State, Boise State, Texas, Purdue, Temple, Ole Miss, Indiana, BYU, UCLA, Texas A&M, Old Dominion, Miami, Tulsa, Richmond

By the numbers (RPI, SOS, KenPom, top 50/100 wins), SJU has at worst a top 10 resume in this group.

« Reply #350 on: March 13, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »
SJU, Dayton,Purdue, BYU, Temple,Ok st should be in. Rest have work to do I would think

« Reply #351 on: March 13, 2015, 08:48:44 PM »
Down goes Indiana

« Reply #352 on: March 13, 2015, 08:58:09 PM »
La Tech just lost to UAB. Lunardi had them a 13

« Reply #353 on: March 13, 2015, 10:49:15 PM »
Baldi I ain't defending how we played the last two games but based on the numbers and what the experts are saying we are probably a 7, at worst 8-10.

« Reply #354 on: March 13, 2015, 10:51:31 PM »
Baldi I ain't defending how we played the last two games but based on the numbers and what the experts are saying we are probably a 7, at worst 8-10.

I think more like 11

LoganK

« Reply #355 on: March 13, 2015, 10:56:31 PM »

I think more like 11
That's where you think we'll end up?  Or that's where you'd put us?

LoganK

« Reply #356 on: March 13, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
3/13/15 Championship and Bubble Games:

Championships:

None

Bubble games:

Wyoming @ Boise State (25-7) -   Wyoming 71 Boise State 66

UCLA (20-12) @ Arizona -   Arizona 70  UCLA 64

Georgia (20-10) @ South Carolina -   Georgia 74  South Carolina 62

George Washington (21-11) @ Rhode Island (21-8) -   Rhode Island 71  GW 58

Houston @ Tulsa (21-9) -   Tulsa 59 Houston 51

Indiana (20-12) @ Maryland -   Maryland 75 Indiana 69

Stephen F Austin (24-4) @ Northwestern St -   SFA 91 Northwestern St 79

Richmond (19-12) @ VCU -   VCU 70 Richmond 67

Memphis @ Temple (22-9)-   Temple 80 Memphis 75

La Salle @ Davidson (23-6) -   Davidson 67 Lasalle 66

*Bold means in.  Bold with underline or Italics means near the bubble (underlined meaning probably on the right side of the bubble)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:27:22 AM by LoganK »

« Reply #357 on: March 13, 2015, 11:00:57 PM »

I think more like 11
That's where you think we'll end up?  Or that's where you'd put us?

Both

LoganK

« Reply #358 on: March 13, 2015, 11:06:44 PM »
I mean if that's where you'd put us, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.  But I assure you our profiles are easily ahead of the 10 and 11 seeded teams.  I can't see our true seed being lower than a 9 (could get dropped to a 10 for geography purposes and whatnot).  I think 8 is most likely.  I guess we'll find out soon enough!

« Reply #359 on: March 13, 2015, 11:07:10 PM »
Massielo just schooled Jesse Kramer on the Twitter. Kramer made a comment on scheduling