Bubble Watch

• 420 replies

LoganK

Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #400 on: March 15, 2015, 11:49:10 AM »
My Final Bubble Predicitons:
The Last Four Byes will be: Ohio State, Colorado State, Temple, Purdue
The Last Four In will be:  Georgia, UConn, LSU, Boise St.  (UCONN moves up and Purdue slides down with a UConn win)
The First Four Out will be: Ole Miss, Tulsa, Miami, and BYU (They will be your 1 seeds in the NIT)
The Next Four Out: Illinois, Texas A&M, Richmond, UCLA

*obviously this will all be wrong, and I will have wasted many hours of my life.

« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2015, 11:50:30 AM »
My Final Bubble Predicitons:
The Last Four Byes will be: Ohio State, Colorado State, Temple, Purdue
The Last Four In will be:  Georgia, UConn, LSU, Boise St.  (UCONN moves up and Purdue slides down with a UConn win)
The First Four Out will be: Ole Miss, Tulsa, Miami, and BYU (They will be your 1 seeds in the NIT)
The Next Four Out: Illinois, Texas A&M, Richmond, UCLA

*obviously this will all be wrong, and I will have wasted many hours of my life.

Great work the last few weeks Logan, much appreciated

Wods317

« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2015, 11:53:52 AM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I don't know if it's jsut on my browser but there's no St. John's in this update. Obviously just an oversight but I was like wtf

LoganK

« Reply #403 on: March 15, 2015, 11:54:51 AM »
Lunardi has Indiana out (I have them as a 9).  He has BYU as a 10 (I have them out).  He has UConn as next four out (I have them as an 11).  The other difference is I have Ole miss as my first team out, he has them as his last team in (pretty darn close on that one).

LoganK

« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I don't know if it's jsut on my browser but there's no St. John's in this update. Obviously just an oversight but I was like wtf
He has St. Francis instead of St. John's as a 9 seed, lol.  I saw that too.  Clearly a typo...or he's listening to Baldi :P
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:55:37 AM by LoganK »

« Reply #405 on: March 15, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »
Yes that is supposed to be St John's against VCU. If you read the accompanying article it has the 6 BE teams all comfortably in.

« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2015, 12:10:08 PM »
Yes that is supposed to be St John's against VCU. If you read the accompanying article it has the 6 BE teams all comfortably in.

As I've posted before, I want no part of VCU.  They will cause all sorts of problems for our guards

paultzman

« Reply #407 on: March 15, 2015, 12:24:18 PM »

As I've posted before, I want no part of VCU.  They will cause all sorts of problems for our guards
But you would give SJU the coaching edge I assume. :)

« Reply #408 on: March 15, 2015, 12:37:30 PM »

But you would give SJU the coaching edge I assume. :)
. That's a 1 vs a 16 there

« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2015, 12:42:01 PM »
I agree re: the coaching comment.  Not sure how that would play out Baldi.  On a good day our guards can play well with spacing and room to work.  An up and down game would benefit guys like Pointer and Branch who struggle more against man to man in the half court, and I don't think VCU has much of a low post/interior scoring presence (they have a big guy who gets boards/blocks shots, but isn't really a post and score guy).

It's funny because in the past teams would zone us to control our quickness/athleticism.  This year, we went through a stretch where teams zoning us played in our favor because Phil/D-lo/Sheed were all hitting 3's at a good slip and Dom did well at the high post.

« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2015, 02:45:12 PM »
“@Barnett_3: @ESPNLunardi what's Murray States realistic chance?” Close to zero.
2:25pm - 15 Mar 15

TONYD3

« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2015, 02:56:26 PM »
Logan-lunardi has a class at st. Joes on brackettology . I think it's one credtit. You don't have to be a st. Joes student to take it. I think you would really like it. I saw him at the St. John's villinova game 4 years ago. He is a very nice guy. He spent 10 minutes talking to me.

Wods317

« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »
Wow with Obepka gone do we even get in now. Andy Katz tweeted this will effect us with the committee

« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »
Wow with Obepka gone do we even get in now. Andy Katz tweeted this will effect us with the committee

Seth Davis said it wouldn't.  Folks, it's late in the process room.  I doubt it changes much of anything.

« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
We are still in.  On a larger scale, this is more of an indictment of the Lavin era, as it is part for the course post 2011.  And it also darkens what was supposed to be a fun day for all of us, because as flawed as this team is, we could talk ourselves into winning a game or two with the right matchups, the guards playing well, Pointer and Obeka causing havoc against teams with lesser interior players, etc, etc.  We will all still watch and of course root, but this hurts.  And it casts even more doubt on whether the right guy is leading this ship.

« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »
I jut herd its Dayton for sure. Book those flights now

goredmen

« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2015, 03:29:38 PM »

Seth Davis said it wouldn't.  Folks, it's late in the process room.  I doubt it changes much of anything.

Then you are just disregarding history

« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2015, 03:33:30 PM »
I jut herd its Dayton for sure. Book those flights now

You know its bad when I believe Baldi 100%

paultzman

« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2015, 03:38:03 PM »
Have reached the "Who cares anymore" phase of my SJU rooting life. Black cloud! :)

« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
Have reached the "Who cares anymore" phase of my SJU rooting life. Black cloud! :)

I hit that phase 15 years ago.