NCAA Tournament thread

• 731 replies
Re: NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #300 on: March 15, 2015, 07:14:07 PM »
San Diego State is offensively challenged so first to 50 will win this game. They scored only 43 points in conference finals loss to Wyoming.

« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »
Marco - which member of the committee told you SJU was a lock for the play in game after the CO announcement?

« Reply #302 on: March 15, 2015, 07:21:43 PM »
So it looks like all you have to do is schedule some tough teams, not win any, and land around .500 in league play

hnk

« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »
Marco Baldi.

« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2015, 07:54:41 PM »
Has a coach ever been fired after the selection committee chose the field, but before a game was played? Would be great to see them fire Lavin, and give him a dose of his own medicine.

This way, we could provide a life lesson for Lavin as a way to thank him for everything he's done for and to St.John's basketball.

I keep wondering if you have ever run a company or anything. Anything goes as long as we win, hope you don't have kids.

« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2015, 08:14:26 PM »
Has a coach ever been fired after the selection committee chose the field, but before a game was played? Would be great to see them fire Lavin, and give him a dose of his own medicine.

This way, we could provide a life lesson for Lavin as a way to thank him for everything he's done for and to St.John's basketball.

Just hope St. John's can win a game in the NCAA Tournament.  Hasn't happened since 2000.

Honestly, I see some posters saying he's gone and I see some posters saying he's getting extended.  No idea what to think at this point.  Just really tired of the constant drama around this program.  We as fans shouldn't be seeing suspensions and players declared academically ineligible every single season.

jr49

« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2015, 08:16:53 PM »
BE was really shown respect by the seeds they were given. I hope they can live up to them.  I loved the old BE, but was starting to feel the team I root for was not really a part of it. A team like Marq was brought in and did themselves proud right off the bat. The three teams that were just brought into the new BE have better programs then we do. This Obekpa nightmare makes me feel once again we are not as good as the conference we play in. I hope the core kids that are playing Friday  take pride in making the dance. A possible game 2 would be a nice spot for Pointer and the rest to show what they got and go out with pride. 

« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2015, 08:37:23 PM »
Just catching up.  See we got SDSU.  Who did Iona draw?

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2015, 08:40:23 PM »
This the BE time to shine and what will really make us look like a power conference is how we do in the the tournament...if some of BE teams can go on a run that would be awesome...if some how we can beat Dule it would be a big thumb in the eye of the ACC

Give the  new President some time to fix SJU....I joke about the Redmen curse but in reality it was Harrington's mismanagement that is causing all these issue.

Dr. Gempesaw is sending a clear message about where Lavin stands right now.
Which is a short plank.  I don't really think Harrington cared about the program and as long as the team was just winning I think he would have been fine with that...

Gempesaw won't put up with that and he used to ref basketball and he said one of his biggest thrills was meeting Mullin...On multiple levels he is engaged and I think is already ready changing the attitude at SJU and  if you don't fall in line you better jump ship or you will be gone. 

If Lavin does end up staying he will be reigned in and all this inelgiable crap won't be tolerated.
Cougar O' Malley

hnk

« Reply #309 on: March 15, 2015, 08:42:47 PM »
How is Dr. Gempesaw sending the "clear message"

« Reply #310 on: March 15, 2015, 08:44:16 PM »
id be ok with letting keady coach them this tourney and ending my misery with lavin. I was such a backer of his at one time. This year was the end for me.

nudginator59

« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2015, 08:44:23 PM »
How is Dr. Gempesaw sending the "clear message"

By stating he will review Lavin's cobtract at the end of the season...The Post picked up on that as well.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #312 on: March 15, 2015, 08:49:16 PM »
Marco - which member of the committee told you SJU was a lock for the play in game after the CO announcement?

I read the text completely wrong. True story. That's why I changed it few mins after
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:49:39 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #313 on: March 15, 2015, 09:11:20 PM »
Just catching up.  See we got SDSU.  Who did Iona draw?

IoNIT

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #314 on: March 16, 2015, 01:40:52 AM »
@SJUCoachLavin: San Diego State prefers an up-tempo style of play, similar to ours.   #SJUBB

@SJUCoachLavin: My quick snapshot, before we start doing our film work, is that it will be an up-tempo affair. #SJUBB

Ummmmm..... San Diego State was ranked 339th in the nation in pace!!! They are the polar opposite of an "up-tempo"  team! I know they aren't in our conference but how does he not know this. Sounds like he's planning a great game plan once again..... #firelavin

« Reply #315 on: March 16, 2015, 02:05:33 AM »
@SJUCoachLavin: San Diego State prefers an up-tempo style of play, similar to ours.   #SJUBB

@SJUCoachLavin: My quick snapshot, before we start doing our film work, is that it will be an up-tempo affair. #SJUBB

Ummmmm..... San Diego State was ranked 339th in the nation in pace!!! They are the polar opposite of an "up-tempo"  team! I know they aren't in our conference but how does he not know this. Sounds like he's planning a great game plan once again..... #firelavin
So Lavin says we play an up tempo style, but after the Providence game he said we are a better half court team. Makes sense to not play the style you are best at playing. Makes as much sense as anything else Lavin has said for the past 5 years.

goredmen

« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2015, 06:52:15 AM »

I couldn't believe that when I read it

Foad

« Reply #317 on: March 16, 2015, 09:44:45 AM »

The Michigan team that beat Seton Hall for the NC was coached during the season by Bill Frieder. Before MU's first tournament game - versus Xavier -  Frieder announced that he was leaving Michigan to coach Arizona State. Michigan AD Bo Schembechler fired Frieder: A Michigan man will coach Michigan he allegedly said. Michigan won the national championship under an interim coach: Steve Fisher.

« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2015, 01:27:36 PM »
Big 10        - 7 bids
Big 12        - 7
BIG EAST - 6 bids
Acc            - 6

Congrats to the Big East conference.  Reports of its demise to mid-major conference status were premature.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 01:28:11 PM by carmineabbatiello »

nudginator59

« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2015, 01:31:38 PM »
Big 10        - 7 bids
Big 12        - 7
BIG EAST - 6 bids
Acc            - 6

Congrats to the Big East conference.  Reports of its demise to mid-major conference status were premature.
Now they have to do something another important step.
Cougar O' Malley