Lavin on Katz's Korner on ESPNU right now

• 36 replies
Lavin on Katz's Korner on ESPNU right now
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:07:51 PM »
Andy Katz will interview him very soon on ESPNU.

Re: Lavin on Katz's Korner on ESPNU right now
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:16:57 PM »
Watch ESPN has it available online.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:29:34 PM »
He mentioned injuries 12 times in 2 minutes. Did Katz cut him off?

desco80

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »
Whether he's extended or not, doesn't it bother some of you that the entire basketball community knows our coach is a clown?    He's literally a laughing-stock.   The butt of jokes, not someone anyone looks up to for actual advice.   

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »
"Alright, well we cut a lil out with Lavin" - Andy Katz words after interview.

Lavin seemed surprised it was so short

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
Whether he's extended or not, doesn't it bother some of you that the entire basketball community knows our coach is a clown?    He's literally a laughing-stock.   The butt of jokes, not someone anyone looks up to for actual advice.   

I would argue most of what you just said is just your opinion.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:05:04 PM by redstorm212 »

hnk

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
Desco, the next thing you'll complain about is Coach's attire.  I bet you're too astute for that.

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »

Nope. Do think Kentucky fans care that everyone think Cal cheats or Louisville fans that people think Pitino is a dirtbag. To most fans results are what matters.

desco80

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »

I would argue most of what you just said is your opinion.

It definitely is my opinion.   But I'm not alone.   Many in basketball see thinks that way.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 02:07:05 PM »

It definitely is my opinion.   But I'm not alone.   Many in basketball see thinks that way.

People make jokes about Boeheim, Calipari, Calhoun, Coach K. If that's your argument for saying the coach is "literally a laughing stock," I'm not sure it's a strong one. Most opposing teams' fans had nothing bad to say about Norm Roberts. I wonder why.

desco80

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 02:07:20 PM »

Nope. Do think Kentucky fans care that everyone think Cal cheats or Louisville fans that people think Pitino is a dirtbag. To most fans results are what matters.

Right, and Steve Lavin deserves mentioning in the same sentence as those two?
You put up with the sh*t when you have a hall of fame coach.   Bob Knights an a$$hole, but he's Bob Knight.
Steve Lavin is none of those guys though.   

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 02:10:22 PM »

Right, and Steve Lavin deserves mentioning in the same sentence as those two?
You put up with the sh*t when you have a hall of fame coach.   Bob Knights an a$$hole, but he's Bob Knight.
Steve Lavin is none of those guys though.   

Im no Lavin fan but your so over the top you can't see straight. I worry about what happens on the court not what coaches say because most of them are full of sh**.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:12:20 PM by Mullin20 »

SJUFAN

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 02:10:52 PM »

What in your opinion make Lavin a clown/laughing stock? I can tell you this, in coaching circles, they aren't laughing anymore when SJU is recruiting a kid against them.

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 02:14:25 PM »

Some do, some don't. That is usually the case with all coaches.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 03:32:09 PM »
Just heard the interiew. I think it went well. Brandon Sampson doesn't think he is a clown. Chris Mack and John Thompson didn't think he was such an idiot after losing this week.

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »
He mentioned injuries 12 times in 2 minutes. Did Katz cut him off?

He was asked to present his case to the committee why his team should be in.  What was he supposed to say, "because one of our losses was due to a player getting ejected for an elbow to the opponent's head and another was because a kid's grandmother died".

Of course, if I were him, I would say that we have won 20, have a high RPI and are in fifth place in the 2nd best conference in basketball.  Who knows.  Maybe that's what Katz cut out.

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 05:12:49 PM »
doesn't it bother some of you that the entire basketball community knows our coach is a clown?   

No.  There is no such thing as bad publicity.  If the entire basketball community even knows who he is - that's a positive.

desco80

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 05:23:05 PM »
Just heard the interiew. I think it went well. Brandon Sampson doesn't think he is a clown. Chris Mack and John Thompson didn't think he was such an idiot after losing this week.

Nah, they did.   They just think he has a lot of talented seniors. 
Also, SR,  is that really why Jordan missed the Butler game?  That was the long beach game, no?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:24:23 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »

Also, SR,  is that really why Jordan missed the Butler game?  That was the long beach game, no?

How did Dom make such a huge leap if Lavin is so horrible at developing players? He went from borderline BE starter to BE Player of the Year caliber in one year. Improvement with Phil, Branch, even Rysheed as well.

We're 20-9 and still all you can talk about with passion is how much our coach sucks.  Not sure a coach as bad as you claim he is could ever have 3 20 win seasons out of five.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:30:02 PM by redstorm212 »

desco80

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »

How did Dom make such a huge leap if Lavin is so horrible at developing players? He went from borderline BE starter to BE Player of the Year caliber in one year. Improvement with Phil, Branch, even Rysheed as well.

We're 20-9 and still all you can talk about with passion is how much our coach sucks.  Not sure a coach as bad as you claim he is could ever have 3 20 win seasons out of five.

This is the conversation that's going today.    I have no problem talking about Marquette.