Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S

• 835 replies

paultzman

Re: Shamorie Ponds, G, Jefferson HS, NYC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #800 on: April 15, 2016, 09:58:39 PM »
Ponds finishes with 17 points, two assists.

Marillac

« Reply #801 on: April 15, 2016, 10:07:49 PM »

Almost seemed liked Spellman was trying to keep it away from Ponds all game, but that could easily be my bias :) Spellman is some pickup for Nova. VERY skilled big.

Ponds got a lot of points on a hurry. Had a nice steal and layup on an inbounds after a made-basket. His only set three was beautiful. His two threes off the bounce were a little rushed and missed.

Fox is a nasty player and so is Ponds' teammate, PG #4. Very under control. I think Ponds is best off set shots, so to see him do his damage other ways is a good sign and shows how well-rounded he is.

paultzman

« Reply #802 on: April 15, 2016, 10:15:13 PM »
Per Slater;
Co-MVPs of @JordanClassic are UK Malik Monk (22) & De'Aaron Fox (23). Omari Spellman with 12pts/15. Markelle Fultz w/ 19. Jayson Tatum w/ 18

NBA future players in all probability

« Reply #803 on: April 15, 2016, 10:32:05 PM »
Scary but I think Spellman will be as good or better than Ochefu very soon.  Nova will continue to roll.  They lose Archie but their interior game will be better with Spellman and the transfer from Fordham.

Very impressed with Spellman also. Once Jay Wright gets him in better shape, watch out

MCNPA

« Reply #804 on: April 15, 2016, 11:00:45 PM »
Scary but I think Spellman will be as good or better than Ochefu very soon.  Nova will continue to roll.  They lose Archie but their interior game will be better with Spellman and the transfer from Fordham.

Very impressed with Spellman also. Once Jay Wright gets him in better shape, watch out

He will be in shape by season's start I bet.  Other leagues will have to watch out for Nova again I guarantee.  Sima needs to hit the weights and eat.  Spellman is a very talented big guy.  He will be killing it and soon. 

Found it interesting that Shamori even had 17 points.  Would never guess.  He was really coasting and barely tried to score.  Extremely smooth player.  Guys like Monk were hogs and literally forcing every possession. Lots of guys like that in this game.  Ponds wasn't one of them.  Ponds will be a good one for us
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:04:27 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #805 on: April 15, 2016, 11:16:39 PM »
Hate even trying to watch this game with music playing throughout, announcers gabbing about everything but the game, no D and all french pastry. Can't tell anything about anyone and it's not even basketball. And a friend tried to convince me to go, what garbage. PS I know I sound like someone we know, ie. hint is arsenic.  ;) :)

« Reply #806 on: April 15, 2016, 11:37:34 PM »
Spellman had one rebound that was insane. Very strong dude

redslope

« Reply #807 on: April 16, 2016, 12:00:04 AM »
Hate even trying to watch this game with music playing throughout, announcers gabbing about everything but the game, no D and all french pastry. Can't tell anything about anyone and it's not even basketball. And a friend tried to convince me to go, what garbage. PS I know I sound like someone we know, ie. hint is arsenic.  ;) :)
Spot on.  I am glad you said what I felt as I thought it was only me.

« Reply #808 on: April 16, 2016, 12:20:54 AM »

Almost seemed liked Spellman was trying to keep it away from Ponds all game, but that could easily be my bias :) Spellman is some pickup for Nova. VERY skilled big.

Ponds got a lot of points on a hurry. Had a nice steal and layup on an inbounds after a made-basket. His only set three was beautiful. His two threes off the bounce were a little rushed and missed.

Fox is a nasty player and so is Ponds' teammate, PG #4. Very under control. I think Ponds is best off set shots, so to see him do his damage other ways is a good sign and shows how well-rounded he is.

#4, going to MSU I think, reminded me of a randy foye clone.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #809 on: April 16, 2016, 12:40:39 AM »

He will be in shape by season's start I bet.  Other leagues will have to watch out for Nova again I guarantee.  Sima needs to hit the weights and eat.  Spellman is a very talented big guy.  He will be killing it and soon. 

Found it interesting that Shamori even had 17 points.  Would never guess.  He was really coasting and barely tried to score.  Extremely smooth player.  Guys like Monk were hogs and literally forcing every possession. Lots of guys like that in this game.  Ponds wasn't one of them.  Ponds will be a good one for us

It felt like Monk took a shot every time he touched the ball. Shamorie  got his very quietly.  He didn't get much of a chance to go one-on-one and he was the only guy giving the ball up in non alley-pop passes.

Marillac

« Reply #810 on: April 16, 2016, 12:41:26 AM »

#4, going to MSU I think, reminded me of a randy foye clone.

He'll be a good one. I'll have to remember that come tournament time in a few years.

Johnny23

« Reply #811 on: April 16, 2016, 08:02:31 AM »
Spellman's like a Jared Sullinger clone. He'll be feasting on the BE for the next few years if he lasts that long in college.

Shamorie is the beginning of a new era in SJU hoops. If he keeps progressing he should have a really nice career here.

« Reply #812 on: April 16, 2016, 08:39:07 AM »
Thank you Ponds for coming TO SJU when everybody wanted to leave the city you stayed and even attended most of there games

Have a great and bless career at SJU

« Reply #813 on: April 16, 2016, 09:13:00 AM »
Thank you Ponds for coming TO SJU when everybody wanted to leave the city you stayed and even attended most of there games

Have a great and bless career at SJU

Would you like an address you can write him a letter make it more personal?

derk

« Reply #814 on: April 16, 2016, 10:30:15 AM »
Seems like every other kid is going to Duke Kentucky or State. When you can do that on top of being a top 10 program then you know you've made it.

« Reply #815 on: April 18, 2016, 08:39:58 PM »
looks like Ponds is playing in Capital Classic All Star Game on 4/28 (same team as Rawle Alkins)

http://www.thecapitalclassic.com/#!2016-rosters/cerk

« Reply #816 on: April 26, 2016, 09:05:38 AM »
Ponds finishes at #36 on ESPN's Top 100

« Reply #817 on: April 26, 2016, 09:51:08 AM »
I loved the fact that he loves SJU showing the loyalty by going to most home games.

Hope he has a great and bless career at SJU

Poison

« Reply #818 on: April 26, 2016, 12:36:30 PM »
He is exactly the kind of kid that we want in our program. He is the perfect recruit.

« Reply #819 on: April 27, 2016, 05:13:04 PM »
Any T.V. for the game?