drama is finally over

• 165 replies
Re: drama is finally over
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2014, 09:49:35 PM »
Suits, suits, I don't care about any stinking SUITS!

desco80

« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2014, 01:08:10 AM »
So let me get this straight ....we start the season expecting to be an NCAA team: lose our first 5 conference games consecutively, lay an egg with our season on the line against Xavier, look terrible in our conference tournament game against PC, and get embarrassed in the NIT. 
 Now, Lavin signs his worst class since he's been here, and people want to change the title of this thread? 

Don't get me wrong, I hope our backcourt is elite, and can carry us while Jones, Thomas, Dom, and Obekpa collectively play meaningful roles.  I want that to happen.   

But why would you guys think we're out of the woods?   Because he signed Delarosa and a JUCO ?    Did you miss the collapse? 
Do you not  Jordan, Obekpa, and Harrison?

The drama is far from over.   When/if we sign Briscoe and Diallo, and have a solid season.  Then the program will be on more solid footing.   But I think there is a less than 10% chance that we sign both of them and make the NCAAs this coming season. 

« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2014, 07:08:07 AM »
For me, and I think most of us, watching Rysheed play last year was the highlight of the season. The guy showed flashes of outright brilliance. My excitement for next year lies in seeing what he does as a sophomore. In my opinion, the drama is "finally over" if Rysheed plays a full year and proves that he's one of the best point guards in the NCAA. If that's the case, I don't see why NCAA will be out of the question.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
So let me get this straight ....we start the season expecting to be an NCAA team: lose our first 5 conference games consecutively, lay an egg with our season on the line against Xavier, look terrible in our conference tournament game against PC, and get embarrassed in the NIT. 
 Now, Lavin signs his worst class since he's been here, and people want to change the title of this thread? 

Don't get me wrong, I hope our backcourt is elite, and can carry us while Jones, Thomas, Dom, and Obekpa collectively play meaningful roles.  I want that to happen.   

But why would you guys think we're out of the woods?   Because he signed Delarosa and a JUCO ?    Did you miss the collapse? 
Do you not  Jordan, Obekpa, and Harrison?

The drama is far from over.   When/if we sign Briscoe and Diallo, and have a solid season.  Then the program will be on more solid footing.   But I think there is a less than 10% chance that we sign both of them and make the NCAAs this coming season. 

The title said the drama is finally over, which clearly it isn't after 9 pages.

-The hope is that Jordan will get better quicker and and start off better then last year. Hopefully there is no more personal drama and any attitude or issues with Lavin are over with.

-The same goes with CO, by coming back to SJU his attitude should be different and if he wants to jump to the NBA he will need a no drama season. If he can continue to improve on his offense he can be a threat down low which will free up Jordan and Harrison. This also may help absorb the missed points with Sampsons departure.

Thomas and Diallo can be better team additions. Hopefully Thomas' rebounding skills carry over to D-1, and he continues willing to do the dirty work. Diallo is a big body and by just being in the middle should help the team...Hopefully he is also willing to do the dirty work.

-Whitesell will have a full year to implement a system and this should help tremendously.
-Who is that walk on that is supposedly a great 3pt shooter? We do not burn any scholarships and he is probably more athletic then hooper. If he does slightly better that is a bonus.

-Losing God'sgift and Sanchez hurt, but Sanchez was not the player we thought he was an he never really banged bodies. Besides losing big bodies how big of a loss are they...I am honestly asking?

-Can SirDominic play any worse...He has to play better right?
-I think Harrison will do everything in his power to make the tournament.

Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »
The walk on Myles Steward is described as a streaky shooter and will be a frosh. Hooper was in his third year and was a steady shooter. maybe Steward can develop but let's not rely on a walk on frosh.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2014, 06:05:41 PM »
The walk on Myles Steward is described as a streaky shooter and will be a frosh. Hooper was in his third year and was a steady shooter. maybe Steward can develop but let's not rely on a walk on frosh.

Is Myles Steward more atheltic and will he be able to keep up with D-1 players.
He defiantly can be a diamond in the rough. Couldn't Hooper be considered a streaky shooter or was it he didn't play enough to get comfortable in game situations?
Cougar O' Malley