Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies

paultzman

Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #580 on: April 23, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »
Apparently it's ignore-the-facts day on the Jungle...   8)
Isn't everyday?  :)
Apparently it's ignore-the-facts day on the Jungle...   8)

Sort of like working at the Kremlin. Facts don't matter. The "Party" comes first.

« Reply #581 on: April 23, 2013, 05:16:55 PM »
Douby didn't make the RSCI top 100 so you're both right.

RedVet

« Reply #582 on: April 23, 2013, 05:43:04 PM »
Hoping it's Fordham. For one thing, Rutgers should rot forever at or near the bottom of the Big 10; for another, don't want Eddie Jordan getting a foothold recruiting NYC players.

paultzman

« Reply #583 on: April 23, 2013, 05:44:48 PM »
Confident it is Fordham.

Poison

« Reply #584 on: April 23, 2013, 05:51:14 PM »
Hoping it's Fordham. For one thing, Rutgers should rot forever at or near the bottom of the Big 10; for another, don't want Eddie Jordan getting a foothold recruiting NYC players.

I think it's pretty mean spirited to hope this kid goes to Fordham. He didn't hurt anyone. He doesn't deserve that. In all seriousness, why on earth would he go there?

paultzman

« Reply #585 on: April 23, 2013, 05:56:03 PM »

I think it's pretty mean spirited to hope this kid goes to Fordham. He didn't hurt anyone. He doesn't deserve that. In all seriousness, why on earth would he go there?

He was raised by Jesuits.

Poison

« Reply #586 on: April 23, 2013, 06:18:51 PM »

That doesn't mean he should be forced to suffer with them.

paultzman

« Reply #587 on: April 23, 2013, 06:23:36 PM »

That doesn't mean he should be forced to suffer with them.

Ha!

« Reply #588 on: April 23, 2013, 08:55:53 PM »

I don't get it

Moose

« Reply #589 on: April 23, 2013, 11:20:03 PM »

I don't get it

Poison has a disdain for Fordham. And the city of Cincy. And Omaha. And Indianapolis. And pretty much anywhere not NYC ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #590 on: April 23, 2013, 11:42:19 PM »

I don't get it

Poison has a disdain for Fordham. And the city of Cincy. And Omaha. And Indianapolis. And pretty much anywhere not NYC ;)

Not true. I root for every NY team. I just think that Fordham is a trash bag, and that you'd have to be pretty stupid to go there for basketball if you have other options. And in this case, very good options. Am I wrong? If so, tell me how playing for a team with no talent is a better choice than Pitt or WV?

Moose

« Reply #591 on: April 23, 2013, 11:47:39 PM »

I don't get it

Not true. I root for every NY team. I just think that Fordham is a trash bag, and that you'd have to be pretty stupid to go there for basketball if you have other options. And in this case, very good options. Am I wrong? If so, tell me how playing for a team with no talent is a better choice than Pitt or WV?

You don't talk like you have much support for Fordham.

You know the game to know how quickly he would get recruited over at those schools. How did it work out for higher ranked Hines at WVU

Poison

« Reply #592 on: April 24, 2013, 12:31:20 AM »

I don't get it

You don't talk like you have much support for Fordham.

You know the game to know how quickly he would get recruited over at those schools. How did it work out for higher ranked Hines at WVU

Support and respect are different. I support them, and I'd like to see them to do better, but Pecora needed to be fired. They didn't fire him. So, it will take even longer.

As far as Severe, we don't know that he can't play in the ACC or in the Big 12. I don't know who Hines is. Do you mean Hinds? Kid from Mount Vernon?

paultzman

« Reply #593 on: April 24, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »
Agree;
“@NYPost_Brazille: As promised, it's prediction time. Really think it's a toss-up, but I think Jon Severe picks Fordham over Rutgers.”

boo3

« Reply #594 on: April 24, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »
 I'd pick Rutgers.  Big 10, playing time...

paultzman

« Reply #596 on: April 24, 2013, 02:47:36 PM »
Decided on Fordham. Done.

« Reply #597 on: April 24, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »
That was a bit embarrassing but good pickup for Pecora.

MCNPA

« Reply #598 on: April 24, 2013, 02:49:04 PM »
Hahaha spurns Rutgers for Fordham!  Personally I love it.  Good for him.  Rutgers back to square one.  Maybe square zero...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:49:50 PM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #599 on: April 24, 2013, 02:54:06 PM »
That was a bit embarrassing but good pickup for Pecora.

What was embarrassing about it for those who didn't see it.