Merrimack (whatever that is)

• 13 replies

Poison

Merrimack (whatever that is)
« on: November 07, 2022, 06:56:09 AM »
Tonight at 6:30, the 22-23 St.John’s basketball season begins. Hope, as you all know it, will be here until tip-off. So, enjoy it now.

Too soon to say what this group can be. Last year, our top players struggled in big games. Will this group get over that hump? IDK.

For tonight, I see an 81-59 St.John’s victory with Joel Soriano showing us what he’s been working towards since the Spring, and drops a double double.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 07:02:20 AM by Poison »

Foad

Re: Merrimack (whatever that is)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 03:56:19 PM »
Tonight at 6:30, the 22-23 St.John’s basketball season begins. Hope, as you all know it, will be here until tip-off. So, enjoy it now.

Too soon to say what this group can be. Last year, our top players struggled in big games. Will this group get over that hump? IDK.

For tonight, I see an 81-59 St.John’s victory with Joel Soriano showing us what he’s been working towards since the Spring, and drops a double double.

Is this game scheduled for any other purpose than to further CDC's meaningless never had a losing season stat? Probably not.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 06:16:59 PM »
Is this game scheduled for any other purpose than to further CDC's meaningless never had a losing season stat? Probably not.

How is it different than what any other St.John’s Coach has done?

You want a tough opener, you want Coach Lavin. The devil you know.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 06:19:22 PM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 07:13:28 PM »
Is this F’n game even televised? What year is it? Fox Sports is a trash bag, F’n nice persons.

Foad

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 07:18:17 PM »
How is it different than what any other St.John’s Coach has done?

You want a tough opener, you want Coach Lavin. The devil you know.

Lou played tougher cupcakes than this.

Sign in with your cable provider

https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/merrimack-warriors-vs-st-johns-red-storm-nov-07-2022-game-boxscore-239338?listing=500401190524#no_universal_links

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 08:59:31 PM »
I'm starting to wonder whether Anderson's coaching style is to roll the ball out and play helter skelter with no rhyme or reason.  26 turnovers?  This team isn't even trying to be more than a Rucker league wannabe.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 08:03:06 AM »
I'm starting to wonder whether Anderson's coaching style is to roll the ball out and play helter skelter with no rhyme or reason.  26 turnovers?  This team isn't even trying to be more than a Rucker league wannabe.

I thought it was 29 turnovers. Just a mess.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 10:28:11 AM »
I thought it was 29 turnovers. Just a mess.
Also didn't like giving up so many wide open 3s which has been a bug a boo of CMA's teams over the last few seasons.

Foad

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 11:15:25 AM »
They won by 30 and you guys still complain. SMDH.

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 12:18:13 PM »
They won by 30 and you guys still complain. SMDH.
We're thinking about whether this shit show will be competitive with the big boys.  I don't get hard thinking about wins over low majors.  BTW...29 turnovers.  Initially, someone reported 26, so I went with that.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 01:22:28 PM »
We're thinking about whether this shit show will be competitive with the big boys.  I don't get hard thinking about wins over low majors.  BTW...29 turnovers.  Initially, someone reported 26, so I went with that.

Yeah, I was being ironical. Here's what I wrote after last season:

I’d like to say that I can’t imagine the disappointment that St John’s fans feel after this season, but I can, having until recently been one. I can absolutely understand your disappointment. Which makes my delight in your suffering even more so, empathy being a whole other matter.

Instead of your fanboi distress consider my anti-fan elation: having grown finally to hate SJU I actively root for them to lose every game where the team flight hasn’t plowed into a mountain, which conflagration would leave me erect. This year SJU squeaked by various preseason patsies – scheduled to preserve Iron Mike’s sole accomplishment, his precious he’s never had a losing season streak, which shut up, nobody cares – lost to every out of conference major team it played (Kansas, Indiana and Pitt) and stunk in conference (thank god for Georgetown amirite? shout out to Butler), losing winnable games in every absurd which way imaginable. For us haters – and we are st john’s legion – this season couldn’t have been sweeter. Add to that fructuous mix Mike Schrewshrenski’s exit from Cameron over the weekend past and this might be the most enjoyable CBB season I’ve experienced since Marcus Hatten last passed a drug test. Because this year – much as I predicted – Saint John’s was an abomination, nightly ill-prepared and awful. They can’t shoot – from the floor, from the free throw line or from three – they don’t rebound, and their half-court games both defensive and offensive are laughable. And all of this landing firmly on the womanly shoulders of Mike “Home Run” Anderson, whose complete lack of strategic and situational awareness belies a peculiar misunderstanding of the rudiments of basketball, a sport he purports to coach.

TLDR: Mike Anderson stinks – he’s a hack strategist with a fugazi system designed to not get the best out of his mediocre recruits – and St John’s will stink for as long as he’s coach.

http://www.bigeastboards.com/?p=1745

Gotta admit it still holds up.

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2022, 04:39:17 PM »
Yeah, I was being ironical. Here's what I wrote after last season:

I’d like to say that I can’t imagine the disappointment that St John’s fans feel after this season, but I can, having until recently been one. I can absolutely understand your disappointment. Which makes my delight in your suffering even more so, empathy being a whole other matter.

Instead of your fanboi distress consider my anti-fan elation: having grown finally to hate SJU I actively root for them to lose every game where the team flight hasn’t plowed into a mountain, which conflagration would leave me erect. This year SJU squeaked by various preseason patsies – scheduled to preserve Iron Mike’s sole accomplishment, his precious he’s never had a losing season streak, which shut up, nobody cares – lost to every out of conference major team it played (Kansas, Indiana and Pitt) and stunk in conference (thank god for Georgetown amirite? shout out to Butler), losing winnable games in every absurd which way imaginable. For us haters – and we are st john’s legion – this season couldn’t have been sweeter. Add to that fructuous mix Mike Schrewshrenski’s exit from Cameron over the weekend past and this might be the most enjoyable CBB season I’ve experienced since Marcus Hatten last passed a drug test. Because this year – much as I predicted – Saint John’s was an abomination, nightly ill-prepared and awful. They can’t shoot – from the floor, from the free throw line or from three – they don’t rebound, and their half-court games both defensive and offensive are laughable. And all of this landing firmly on the womanly shoulders of Mike “Home Run” Anderson, whose complete lack of strategic and situational awareness belies a peculiar misunderstanding of the rudiments of basketball, a sport he purports to coach.

TLDR: Mike Anderson stinks – he’s a hack strategist with a fugazi system designed to not get the best out of his mediocre recruits – and St John’s will stink for as long as he’s coach.

http://www.bigeastboards.com/?p=1745

Gotta admit it still holds up.
Rooting against St. Johns is wrong.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2022, 09:01:09 PM »
Also didn't like giving up so many wide open 3s which has been a bug a boo of CMA's teams over the last few seasons.

Mullin, Lavin, and Roberts were lousy at defending the three ball.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 03:54:42 PM »
Mullin, Lavin, and Roberts were lousy at defending the three ball.

Which is absolutely relevant, because Mullin, Lavin, and Roberts are all currently the SJU head coach.