Around Big East

• 3954 replies

Moose

Re: around the big east
« Reply #2320 on: December 09, 2014, 09:42:32 PM »
Whitehead incredible. Has last 18 Hall points. Whitehead, Harrion, Jordan would have been some backcourt.

They would have killed eachother.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2321 on: December 09, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »
Whitehead incredible. Has last 18 Hall points. Whitehead, Harrion, Jordan would have been some backcourt.
I don't think Whitehead would have been willing to take a back seat.  Not sure the chemistry would have been good at all.

« Reply #2322 on: December 09, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
No interviews for the backcourt

« Reply #2323 on: December 10, 2014, 09:37:38 AM »
Villanova looked really good yesterday. Creighton needed to go into 2OT to beat South Dakota.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:38:28 AM by stjohnnie75 »

Poison

« Reply #2324 on: December 10, 2014, 09:43:35 AM »
Kinda makes you appreciate Greene. Kid takes the game seriously. You never see him act like a punk. 

« Reply #2325 on: December 10, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
Kinda makes you appreciate Greene. Kid takes the game seriously. You never see him act like a punk.

Does Harrison not? Plus that kid is the best interview I've seen at St. John's. 

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #2326 on: December 10, 2014, 11:05:20 AM »
Can someone explain what Moose's avatar is?
Am I supposed to slow down for crossing leprechauns?                      

Moose

« Reply #2327 on: December 10, 2014, 11:54:23 AM »
Can someone explain what Moose's avatar is? Am I supposed to slow down for crossing leprechauns?

Someone can explain.  How about me :)

Its a troll in honor of us having so many ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #2328 on: December 10, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »
Can someone explain what Moose's avatar is? Am I supposed to slow down for crossing leprechauns?
Someone can explain. How about me :) Its a troll in honor of us having so many ;)

There are trolls around here??    I didn't even notice. 
I thought they were just naturally happy people, or Steve Lavin's agent.   One of the two.   But trolls?    wow   

boo3

« Reply #2329 on: December 10, 2014, 12:21:47 PM »
Trolls are the positive ones.. Yeah, that's it, I'm sure.   

boo3

« Reply #2330 on: December 10, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »
I mean, we are 5-1, coming off a win on road at Cuse.  We have a winnable  5 game stretch heading towards league play.   Anyone spouting positives re: team, players, or coach must be trolling. 
Everyone else is just keeping it real, yo.  
This place is hysterical 

desco80

« Reply #2331 on: December 10, 2014, 12:49:20 PM »
I mean, we are 5-1, coming off a win on road at Cuse. We have a winnable 5 game stretch heading towards league play. Anyone spouting positives re: team, players, or coach must be trolling. Everyone else is just keeping it real, yo. This place is hysterical

Not everyone Boo.   But some.   Like those who come on and call for the coach to get a raise and an extension every time he makes it through a day without causing the apocalypse.   "See! He's doing great!"     

As Ive been saying, let's keep the momentum going - and soon all of us will be drinking the kool aid.   But right now, one win over Cuse isn't enough to wash all the bad taste out of my mouth. 

« Reply #2332 on: December 10, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »
I mean, we are 5-1, coming off a win on road at Cuse. We have a winnable 5 game stretch heading towards league play. Anyone spouting positives re: team, players, or coach must be trolling. Everyone else is just keeping it real, yo. This place is hysterical

Not everyone Boo.   But some.   Like those who come on and call for the coach to get a raise and an extension every time he makes it through a day without causing the apocalypse.   "See! He's doing great!"     

As Ive been saying, let's keep the momentum going - and soon all of us will be drinking the kool aid.   But right now, one win over Cuse isn't enough to wash all the bad taste out of my mouth.

Saying we only have one win over Cuse is IMO an understatement. We beat Minny, Had 2 chances to tie Gonzaga with under 20 seconds to go, and have our first ranking since Lavin's first year. I'm not one of those calling for an extension quite yet, but let's not understate what this team has achieved through the first month of the season.

boo3

« Reply #2333 on: December 10, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »
Not everyone Boo. But some. Like those who come on and call for the coach to get a raise and an extension every time he makes it through a day without causing the apocalypse. "See! He's doing great!" As Ive been saying, let's keep the momentum going - and soon all of us will be drinking the kool aid. But right now, one win over Cuse isn't enough to wash all the bad taste out of my mouth.

You can re read the chicken or egg thread.  In it you will see most with a well reasoned position on why or why not Lavin should get an extension.  
You are over simplifying a tad, no?  

« Reply #2334 on: December 10, 2014, 01:37:23 PM »
Gtown a 2pt favorite over #10 Kansas tonight. Hoyas are home.

desco80

« Reply #2335 on: December 10, 2014, 01:56:31 PM »
Not everyone Boo. But some. Like those who come on and call for the coach to get a raise and an extension every time he makes it through a day without causing the apocalypse. "See! He's doing great!" As Ive been saying, let's keep the momentum going - and soon all of us will be drinking the kool aid. But right now, one win over Cuse isn't enough to wash all the bad taste out of my mouth.
You can re read the chicken or egg thread. In it you will see most with a well reasoned position on why or why not Lavin should get an extension. You are over simplifying a tad, no?
absolutely, I am oversimplifying it.  And Artesticles is right, Im not offering full context.   But that's only because I don't want to rehash the whole argument.  So I just laid out my feelings why I think some on here are trolling.  But only because I know some posters are annoyed when we rehash the whole thing repeatedly.

Either way, I'll say it again.  If it turns out you guys are right, and we keep winning, and coach signs a few recruits - then I'll be happy to say I'm wrong and see the university give him an extension.   But Saturday's win hasn't changed my view dramatically.    I need to see more.   And for what it's worth, I don't think I troll.  I know alot of you disagree with me, but I almost always engage in conversation.   I don't post just to inflame emotions.   (well, maybe sometimes when I talk about the tie stuff :2funny: )

desco80

« Reply #2336 on: December 10, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »
Gtown a 2pt favorite over #10 Kansas tonight. Hoyas are home.

That's a little surprising.   Should be a good test for Georgetown though, and a good signal for how good the conference really can be.  

odds makers must be impressed by the 2pt loss to wisconsin

« Reply #2337 on: December 10, 2014, 05:04:44 PM »
You can re read the chicken or egg thread. In it you will see most with a well reasoned position on why or why not Lavin should get an extension. You are over simplifying a tad, no?
absolutely, I am oversimplifying it. And Artesticles is right, Im not offering full context. But that's only because I don't want to rehash the whole argument. So I just laid out my feelings why I think some on here are trolling. But only because I know some posters are annoyed when we rehash the whole thing repeatedly. Either way, I'll say it again. If it turns out you guys are right, and we keep winning, and coach signs a few recruits - then I'll be happy to say I'm wrong and see the university give him an extension. But Saturday's win hasn't changed my view dramatically. I need to see more. And for what it's worth, I don't think I troll. I know alot of you disagree with me, but I almost always engage in conversation. I don't post just to inflame emotions. (well, maybe sometimes when I talk about the tie stuff :2funny: )

Just because one doesn't mean to be a troll doesn't mean one's not.

desco80

« Reply #2338 on: December 10, 2014, 05:35:58 PM »
absolutely, I am oversimplifying it. And Artesticles is right, Im not offering full context. But that's only because I don't want to rehash the whole argument. So I just laid out my feelings why I think some on here are trolling. But only because I know some posters are annoyed when we rehash the whole thing repeatedly. Either way, I'll say it again. If it turns out you guys are right, and we keep winning, and coach signs a few recruits - then I'll be happy to say I'm wrong and see the university give him an extension. But Saturday's win hasn't changed my view dramatically. I need to see more. And for what it's worth, I don't think I troll. I know alot of you disagree with me, but I almost always engage in conversation. I don't post just to inflame emotions. (well, maybe sometimes when I talk about the tie stuff :2funny: )
Just because one doesn't mean to be a troll doesn't mean one's not.

I beg to differ.   Not all dictionaries have adopted the internet usage of the word, but those that have define it as:
(computing, slang) a person who submits deliberately inflammatory articles to an internet discussion    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/troll

paultzman

« Reply #2339 on: December 10, 2014, 06:56:22 PM »
@GaryParrishCBS: I was wondering when a college team would do it. RT @MikeHumePost: Hoyas wearing "I Can't Breathe" shirts. http://t.co/VeVTf8VWmH