Mullin's staff

• 913 replies

ras

Re: Mullin's staff
« Reply #660 on: May 08, 2015, 10:49:54 AM »
People keep this conversation going and say well Lavin was the coach last year so it makes sense to talk about him. 100% agree but start a new thread! This is supposed to be about Mullins staff. Lavin has zero to do with Mullins staff so this is getting ridiculous. What's the point of a thread if things having zero to do with topic are discussed. Take it elsewhere so we can talk the future of the program which is what the thread is actually about
I like that idea.

« Reply #661 on: May 08, 2015, 10:58:36 AM »
Why is it that we haven't heard much about Mullin filling out the rest of his staff? Right now we just have Mullin, Matt and Slice. Doesn't mully have to hire 2-3 more  staff members...soooo where are they?

Moose

« Reply #662 on: May 08, 2015, 11:20:12 AM »
Why is it that we haven't heard much about Mullin filling out the rest of his staff? Right now we just have Mullin, Matt and Slice. Doesn't mully have to hire 2-3 more  staff members...soooo where are they?

Because last I checked the Chicago Bulls were still playing.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #663 on: May 08, 2015, 11:48:02 AM »
I stayed off the site for two days and I come back to 8 pages of this crap.  Wow.

desco80

« Reply #664 on: May 08, 2015, 05:39:36 PM »
1)   Can a mod please start a new thread of move the off-topic posts to a Lavin thread?    It would be much appreciated

2) Pickney and Richmond still seem like the most likely options for the third assistant spot and DOBO, correct?    This is more directed at those "in the know"

cjfish

« Reply #665 on: May 08, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »
this thread has convinced me that many of you can BS about paint drying

NYCoffey

« Reply #666 on: May 08, 2015, 10:24:36 PM »
Well first we need to know what brand of paint, and of course the color. Then we can definitely tear the drying paint apart for its shortcomings. Sure some will defend the drying paint for trying real hard, but some of us will detest it for not drying fast enough . As is life on the message boards.

MCNPA

« Reply #667 on: May 08, 2015, 10:43:25 PM »
Who cares?  Existing two assistants are some of the best in the business and are killing it thus far.  Furthermore, Abdelmassih bleeds SJU red.  Like I said, the rest is gravy.  If I have one wish, it is that at least one more of the existing staff is a SJU guy.  There have to be qualified guys out there and I love having guys on staff with more incentive than just their paychecks.  With a guy like Abdelmassih, we know where his heart lies and that its not just a paycheck. 

desco80

« Reply #668 on: May 11, 2015, 12:13:36 PM »
Who cares?  Existing two assistants are some of the best in the business and are killing it thus far.  Furthermore, Abdelmassih bleeds SJU red.  Like I said, the rest is gravy.  If I have one wish, it is that at least one more of the existing staff is a SJU guy.  There have to be qualified guys out there and I love having guys on staff with more incentive than just their paychecks.  With a guy like Abdelmassih, we know where his heart lies and that its not just a paycheck. 

Good point.   
Although with Mullin and Matt A we've got some pretty good ties to the school for a change.   And there's a good chance Terrence is on the staff in some shape or form too.
But I get what you mean, and agree.    It's nice to have some guys who appreciate the SJU tradition

sju89tr

« Reply #669 on: May 12, 2015, 10:48:40 AM »
I have long wished for the DOBO to go to a guy like Grant, Zendon, Lopez, Singelton, Mullin etc. We need  guys who want St. Johns to be a great program again.

« Reply #670 on: May 12, 2015, 12:19:41 PM »
I have long wished for the DOBO to go to a guy like Grant, Zendon, Lopez, Singelton, Mullin etc. We need  guys who want St. Johns to be a great program again.

I don't think it will be Felipe or Zendon

sju89tr

« Reply #671 on: May 12, 2015, 03:31:53 PM »

I don't think it will be Felipe or Zendon

Zendon volunteered last year, I would love him on the staff 

« Reply #672 on: May 14, 2015, 01:04:14 PM »
Names I've heard.    Matt A.   Slice,  PJ. Carlessimo,  Ed Pinkney.     

How about Chris, Eddie P, Matt A, Slice and Terrence as DOBO.

4 kids from Brooklyn and 1 from the Bronx.  Nothing more New York than that!!!!  LOL!!!

Not Terence but everyone else fell into place.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:04:36 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #673 on: May 14, 2015, 01:17:47 PM »
Adam Zagoria
‏@AdamZagoria
All signs point to Ed Pinckney joining Chris Mullin's staff at St. John's after the Bulls season ends, sources told @SNYtv

redslope

« Reply #674 on: May 14, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »
Adam Zagoria
‏@AdamZagoria
All signs point to Ed Pinckney joining Chris Mullin's staff at St. John's after the Bulls season ends, sources told @SNYtv

I would love to see this happen--a good guy and a city guy.  Step down from NBA assistant to College assistant-yes; but sometimes you have to go back to go forward.  This could get him a college HC job in one to two years.  In the interim he gives more next level cred and someone who can work with our big men.  Ed, like Chris, always gave a 100% and that is what Chris wants to instill in his players.

« Reply #675 on: May 14, 2015, 04:48:54 PM »
Wow, awesome.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #676 on: May 14, 2015, 05:16:56 PM »
Adam Zagoria
‏@AdamZagoria

Sources told? We've known this for over a month, cmon zags

Wods317

« Reply #677 on: May 14, 2015, 10:39:20 PM »
Bulls are done. Come on over Ed. Can't wait for this to be official, excellent addition.

« Reply #678 on: May 14, 2015, 11:01:30 PM »

« Reply #679 on: May 14, 2015, 11:10:44 PM »