Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY - LOUISVILLE

• 135 replies
Re: Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2018, 06:47:36 PM »
I don’t care how they field a team, I’m just under the belief that they can’t sustain it relying on transfers alone. I could be wrong, the land scape of college basketball appears to be changing in that regard. Tafner isn’t even 20 years old and it’s crappy? MSG is crappy? We do need to improve but too much focus on what we don’t have and not what we do. We need salesman as recruiters, not HOF players.

"[The private basketball player's dorm at Kansas] has a half-court basketball facility, a media room, game room, barbershop, and much more."

"Back in 2012, the University of Kentucky built a specialized dorm for its basketball players as well. Kentucky’s special dorm includes a private chef, flat-screen televisions, and are specifically designed for seven-footers."

"A majority of Ohio State’s freshmen and sophomore football and basketball players, who have elected not to live off campus, live in the Worthington Building or the Residence on 10th ... The Residence on 10th, completed last year, is $37 million, 186,000-square foot building of lavishness. It could be converted into a Four Seasons with minimal renovations. The six-story building has six-person suites with three bedrooms, a living room and individual bathrooms."

And Louisville has hookers.

So yeah, Taffner doesn't quite measure up.

Wow, yeah, why would anyone want to come here when other schools are offering those facilities and accommodations.

SJUFAN

« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »
I don’t care how they field a team, I’m just under the belief that they can’t sustain it relying on transfers alone. I could be wrong, the land scape of college basketball appears to be changing in that regard. Tafner isn’t even 20 years old and it’s crappy? MSG is crappy? We do need to improve but too much focus on what we don’t have and not what we do. We need salesman as recruiters, not HOF players.

"[The private basketball player's dorm at Kansas] has a half-court basketball facility, a media room, game room, barbershop, and much more."

"Back in 2012, the University of Kentucky built a specialized dorm for its basketball players as well. Kentucky’s special dorm includes a private chef, flat-screen televisions, and are specifically designed for seven-footers."

"A majority of Ohio State’s freshmen and sophomore football and basketball players, who have elected not to live off campus, live in the Worthington Building or the Residence on 10th ... The Residence on 10th, completed last year, is $37 million, 186,000-square foot building of lavishness. It could be converted into a Four Seasons with minimal renovations. The six-story building has six-person suites with three bedrooms, a living room and individual bathrooms."

And Louisville has hookers.

So yeah, Taffner doesn't quite measure up.

Wow, yeah, why would anyone want to come here when other schools are offering those facilities and accommodations.

Seriously? It happens all the time. Not every program has those luxuries and not every kid need those perks. It’s about building relationships and selling what you have to offer, identifying talent and coaching them. We are good enough to be a perineal top 50 program. This is the most talent we have had collectively in some time. Looking forward to the season. Facilities most certainly would help, but it’s no excuse imo, historically we have shown that we can bring talent here.

Foad

« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2018, 09:25:46 AM »
We are good enough to be a perineal top 50 program.

Taint.

goredmen

« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2018, 05:06:18 PM »
Announcing Friday

QuanMan

« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2018, 05:08:03 PM »
Per Paultz we're done for the 2019 Fall Recruiting Cycle. Not to be a downer, but after days of positive press, our anemic performance with each one of our 2019 targets to show its face:

Aidan Harris Igiehon

@Big_harris22
 4m4 minutes ago
More
“🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️” I guess it now comes down to making a choice. Decision day this Friday 12:00 at Lawrence Woodmere Academy. 🤭🤭
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »
Only hope w Aidan is Louisville gets put on probation post trial   Although highly unlikely, under these circumstances he could fall to sju.

In my opinion he is very athletic but raw. Not a one an done   

paultzman

« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2018, 06:05:32 PM »
No “only hope” on this one.  :)

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2018, 07:40:48 PM »

So no shot on this one Paultz?

SJUFAN

« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2018, 08:42:24 PM »
Only hope w Aidan is Louisville gets put on probation post trial   Although highly unlikely, under these circumstances he could fall to sju.

In my opinion he is very athletic but raw. Not a one an done   

One of the reasons I hope we land him.

paultzman

« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »

So no shot on this one Paultz?
No, cancelling his official visit was telling

paultzman

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2018, 12:38:38 PM »
He just chose Louisville as expected

pmg911

« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »
let the complaining begin

Wods317

« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2018, 01:13:45 PM »
As a fan it’s disappointing but for the amount of time the staff (Matt) put into these players we whiffed on the last few months has to be frustrating. Years of work on these guys. Hopefully with a winning season and some good exposure things turn around. Kids want to win

SJUFAN

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2018, 02:18:56 PM »
As a fan it’s disappointing but for the amount of time the staff (Matt) put into these players we whiffed on the last few months has to be frustrating. Years of work on these guys. Hopefully with a winning season and some good exposure things turn around. Kids want to win

While getting paid is even better.

Lavin had the right idea...screw the local talent, focus on out of state kids.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:44:50 PM by SJUFAN »

Re: Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY - LOUISVILLE
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2018, 10:43:44 PM »
I guess we’ll wait until one of these big time recruits wants to transfer to come back home...
Many have already said it...team needs to start winning and the recruits will come.

pmg911

Re: Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY - LOUISVILLE
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2021, 02:30:17 PM »
Any rumblings where this kid is leaning. I have heard SJU is involved but not heard much else