• 83 replies
Re: Ian Steere- (NC State, PF) 6'9/260 - ST. JOHN’S
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2018, 11:29:32 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille
4m4 minutes ago
St. John's has landed a commitment from NC State transfer Ian Steere. #sjubb

@NYPost_Brazille
3m3 minutes ago
With no open scholarships available, Ian Steere will be on financial aid this coming semester. #sjubb

@NYPost_Brazille
2m2 minutes ago
Ian Steere was a consensus four-star prospect out of HS. A true center. Played AAU with David Caraher. #sjubb

I highly doubt he will pay his own way. 

Zero inside information,but I’m willing to bet someone transfers by end of semester.

redslope

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2018, 02:21:38 PM »
I highly doubt he will pay his own way. 

Zero inside information,but I’m willing to bet someone transfers by end of semester.

Don't know the young man's family finances but depending he could be eligible for Pell Grant; and SEOG Grant federal programs.  Also could qualify for University Funded grant.  I read somewhere that nearly 90% of students receive financial aid at St. John's (part of thr Vincentian Tradition/the school's history.  Also there is work study available and lastly, if necessary-student loan.  He will only need assistance for the spring semester.  I am sure he met with the school's financial aid officials.

goredmen

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2018, 03:03:31 PM »
Don't know the young man's family finances but depending he could be eligible for Pell Grant; and SEOG Grant federal programs.  Also could qualify for University Funded grant.  I read somewhere that nearly 90% of students receive financial aid at St. John's (part of thr Vincentian Tradition/the school's history.  Also there is work study available and lastly, if necessary-student loan.  He will only need assistance for the spring semester.  I am sure he met with the school's financial aid officials.

This is college basketball. I'm sure they will find a way for this to work out just fine for everybody
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:03:43 PM by goredmen »