Starting 5 ---2015/16?

• 160 replies

Marillac

Re: Starting 5 ---2015/16?
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2015, 07:52:20 PM »
Harrison doesn't have the size or athletic ability to play in the NBA.  He had very a very  tough time against guys that could match him physically, as that was his only way to create space.  He'll be guarded by guys 3 inches taller with much more length that are more athletic. 

He's one of my favorite Johnnies ever....it's just not in the cards for him despite all of his skill.  Dom probably stands a better chance as Sampson proved to us this year. He doesn't have Harrison's skill, bu there is nothing holding him back physically.

MCNPA

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »
Harrison doesn't have the size or athletic ability to play in the NBA.  He had very a very  tough time against guys that could match him physically, as that was his only way to create space.  He'll be guarded by guys 3 inches taller with much more length that are more athletic. 

He's one of my favorite Johnnies ever....it's just not in the cards for him despite all of his skill.  Dom probably stands a better chance as Sampson proved to us this year. He doesn't have Harrison's skill, bu there is nothing holding him back physically.

Sir'Dom will make it imo.  He not only has the physical ability but also can handle the ball at that level.  He needs to make his jumper more reliable, but he's versatile, relentless and can be a guy that takes the ball up the court at times.  It gives him a bit of an edge with his versatility.  I've learned not to write Dom off. 

As far as Harrison goes, I think he certainly should try basketbsll for a while at the pro level.  Make some money whether it's here or Europe.  I do feel though, with his fire and love for the game, his best bet is looking into coaching down the line, at the college level.  He has matured a ton, has court smarts, and knows the game quite well.   I see him possibly ascending as a coach down the line.

cjfish

« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2015, 09:47:40 PM »
Harrison has all the offensive tools, long and mid-range shots ,quick and tricky moves to the hoop, 80+ FTs.  Borderline athleticism and strength but the former  Will make him  a decent pro somewhere, very possibly NBA

goredmen

« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2015, 10:30:09 PM »
Harrison has all the offensive tools, long and mid-range shots ,quick and tricky moves to the hoop, 80+ FTs.  Borderline athleticism and strength but the former  Will make him  a decent pro somewhere, very possibly NBA

If you think he will be anything more than the last guy on an NBA bench you are fooling yourself. However, I said the same thing about JaKarr last year

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2015, 10:31:47 PM »
Dom is going to kill it in the Summer League.

I hope Harrison and Greene are able to get into the Summer League too but unfortunately I doubt it. Harrison could be a Langston Galloway if he goes the DLeague route. Galloway is like 6'1.

I would think Harrison gets a spot in the d league.

He shouldn't want one. He'll never be an NBA player. He'll make way more money in Europe than in the D league

He shouldnt want an invite to play in front of NBA execs against NBA players? Thats probably only been his dream for the last 21 years.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2015, 10:45:15 PM »

No doubt he has all the moves.  If Dom had his skill, he'd be the #1 overall pick.  The problem is that his athleticism is not borderline...it's very far off.  That can be hidden in college to a degree, but there is no hiding it in the NBA. He got his shot blocked A TON in college.  He won't be able to get any space in the NBA.  I really hope I'm wrong and he makes it.  He wouldn't be the first guy to make the NBA with a ton of skill and subpar athleticism.  I just don't see it happening.

MCN, I think you may be overstating Dom's handle.  He had a below average handle in college for  three IMO.  He'll have a below average handle in the NBA as well to start.  He's going to have to hang his hat on his defense, rebounding, and athletic ability and hope that his shot and handle can develop to the point of making him respectable in those area.  Honestly, he just needs some luck. I'm sure there will be some team like Philly that wants to lose with cheap, exciting players.  Dom is Mr. SportsCenter Top Ten. 

TONYD3

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2015, 10:50:38 PM »
Don't think any of the seniors are making the NBA . Still they are going to have some amazing life experiences and make a lot of money.

goredmen

« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2015, 11:22:12 PM »

I hope Harrison and Greene are able to get into the Summer League too but unfortunately I doubt it. Harrison could be a Langston Galloway if he goes the DLeague route. Galloway is like 6'1.

He shouldn't want one. He'll never be an NBA player. He'll make way more money in Europe than in the D league

He shouldnt want an invite to play in front of NBA execs against NBA players? Thats probably only been his dream for the last 21 years.

And he could do that in the summer league when he wouldn't lose out on money to played in Europe. If he chooses the D league he's passing on the Europe money

« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2015, 05:56:13 AM »

And he could do that in the summer league when he wouldn't lose out on money to played in Europe. If he chooses the D league he's passing on the Europe money

Goredmen, my mistake my original response was supposed to say he should get a spot in the summer league, not the d league.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:58:31 AM by Amaseinyourface2 »

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2015, 12:29:22 PM »

If you think he will be anything more than the last guy on an NBA bench you are fooling yourself. However, I said the same thing about JaKarr last year
Didn't you learn your lesson yet? lol Maybe the Costanza "opposite" in effect?  ;D

« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2015, 12:30:33 PM »
Don't think any of the seniors are making the NBA . Still they are going to have some amazing life experiences and make a lot of money.
None will play even 1 game in the NBA? Wow

I foresee Dom or D'Lo getting at least one 10 day contract.

« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2015, 05:27:18 PM »

Goredmen, my mistake my original response was supposed to say he should get a spot in the summer league, not the d league.

I think Harrison knows his future is in Europe. Seen him communicating with Hardy on twitter.

desco80

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2015, 05:37:30 PM »
Give it a shot, try to latch on with an NBA summer league team.   And then assess your options after the summer.
Dom and Dangelo have to at least give it a shot.  Theyve come this far.   
If the road eventually leads to Europe... so be it.

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2015, 05:39:55 PM »
I can't see D'Lo in the league at all.

I think Dom has a great chance. If he spends the entire summer shooting 3's from the corner and manages to improve, he could be a starter someday. He has the size/athleticism/motor/defensive prowess of an above average 2/3.

« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2015, 06:10:29 PM »
I know 3pters are super important now a days but Dom could be a better version of Tony Allen. Dom at least has a decent mid ranger jumper.

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2015, 06:22:09 PM »
I know 3pters are super important now a days but Dom could be a better version of Tony Allen. Dom at least has a decent mid ranger jumper.

Tony allen was a much much better shooter in college than dom was

SJUFAN

« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2015, 08:59:35 PM »

Tony allen was a much much better shooter in college than dom was

Much better ball handler and on the ball defender than Dom.

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »
I think Dom will find a niche in the NBA. He has rare talents.

cjfish

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2015, 10:00:41 PM »
love DOM, unfortunately he can not shoot the ball

« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »
Lovett
Mvouika
Johnson
Williams
Obekpa