JaKarr chatter on Twitter

• 308 replies
Re: JaKarr chatter on Twitter
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2014, 09:17:10 AM »
IMO there isn't much difference between Jeremi Grant and JaKarr Sampson. Grant is a lotto pick and Sampson is undrafted. That can change quickly with some good showings in workouts/combine.

Rooting for Sampson.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2014, 12:00:55 PM »
Just because someone  does not think it was the right move for JaKarr to enter the NBA Draft does not mean we are not rooting for him to be a huge success in the NBA.

I watched the Video of his recent work out. Watching him shoot the ball without the hitch and bang down 3's.  During the season JaKarr was 1-5 form 3 all year. Does that leave anyone else scratching their head?

MCNPA

« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2014, 01:15:43 PM »
I think Sampson will actually have a decent NBA career.  He's certainly more of a wing, and if he can get that outside shot and handle improved, he's got other skills.  He's got bonafide nba athleticism and ability there.  In addition, he's got a great midrange jumper which almost nobody in college has.  He might not make a huge splash right away, but I think he'll stick in the nba for a while.  We should all wish him the best of luck.  If he works hard, he has some qualities that I think could translate well.

Marillac

« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »
IMO there isn't much difference between Jeremi Grant and JaKarr Sampson. 

You have got to be kidding me.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 01:38:07 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2014, 07:10:03 PM »
After embiid Parker wiggins  I think Jakaar can have just as good as a career

goredmen

« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2014, 07:19:50 PM »
The only place he'll have a good professional career will be in Europe. He doesn't have the 3 point range needed for a 3 or the low post game needed for a 4 in the NBA. Not to mention he's a liability on D. I hope he proves me wrong

ras

« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, his D on McDermott helped beat Creighton.

TONYD3

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »
took my post down. We should support our players. Guys who come here owe the school and fans something also.

« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2014, 10:12:12 PM »
100% rooting for JaKarr.  Just don't see a team using a 1st round pick on the guy.

I guess there might be a team willing to take a chance on him in the late 2nd round, but he just has so many holes in his game right now.

J Van

« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2014, 11:47:46 AM »
I'd like to catch him over here on Paris Levallois.

paultzman

« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2014, 03:14:16 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Spoke to JaKarr Sampson Found this interesting "Felt like I could definitely develop faster in NBA or D-League than could in college"#sjubb

Poison

« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2014, 11:37:06 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Spoke to JaKarr Sampson Found this interesting "Felt like I could definitely develop faster in NBA or D-League than could in college"#sjubb

Does it really matter if he's playing basketball at STJ or in the D-League if he's not paying attention on defense?

Poison

« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2014, 08:09:16 AM »
Every draft there are several delusional players who think scouts will all of the sudden see what they've been missing. I hope he one day makes it big, but it won't be on draft day. Too many players with more upside and higher IQs. Someone compared him to Grant on SU. That's insane. Grant is guaranteed to go in the first round. He knows what he's doing, and he's significantly larger and more talented than Sampson.

TONYD3

« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »
Think I will make more teaching basketball in at a nyc middle school then Sampson will make playing. Not rooting against him. But not really rooting for him. I believe it is his right to what he wants but he did make a commitment to the school and team.  He doesn't seem like he is honoring his commitment to me.

Poison

« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2014, 11:53:43 AM »
Think I will make more teaching basketball in at a nyc middle school then Sampson will make playing. Not rooting against him. But not really rooting for him. I believe it is his right to what he wants but he did make a commitment to the school and team.  He doesn't seem like he is honoring his commitment to me.

I'm certainly rooting for him. Just because he's delusional doesn't mean he doesn't deserve success. He still came here, and overall, he was a very good player.

« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »
He just doesn't have NBA range nor does he play lock down defense.  Somebody might take a flyer on him but I don't see it working out long term.

« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
JaKarr is right. He can develop faster.

Replace class with more practice and weight room. Making money to eat the right food. Also he won't be in the NBA so he won't be rotting at the end of a bench. He'll be just fine in the D-League.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2014, 03:07:55 PM »

Replace class with more practice and weight room. Making money to eat the right food. Also he won't be in the NBA so he won't be rotting at the end of a bench. He'll be just fine in the D-League.

Jakarr said in the NBA or the D-League. In the D-League, you're right.

It's really sad that a kid who is far from a lock to play pro ball and make money doing it anywhere sees the D-League as a better option than 2 more years of college and getting a degree. I'm not, and never will be one of those people who roots against an STJ player with this dream. It's just disappointing that the risk isn't one he should be taking now.

We've all watched Jakarr enough to know that his game is limited, and against larger, more skilled and equally athletic comp, he'll be in deep shit.

Hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:08:59 PM by Poison »

LJSA

« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2014, 03:14:12 PM »

What's the maximum D-league salary?