Next steps

• 244 replies
Next steps
« on: March 27, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »
This should move along pretty quickly. Could have a new coach announced sometime early next week. I expect it to be the all time leading scorer.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

bk8664

Re: Next steps
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 06:09:13 PM »
This should move along pretty quickly. Could have a new coach announced sometime early next week. I expect it to be the all time leading scorer.

Whoa....

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »

In my humble opinion, that would be a major fail.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:27:25 PM »

If things go down how I think they will then St. John's will be very talented next season.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 06:29:23 PM »
The program and fanbase have been accused of being stuck in the 80s.  This move would confirm it.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 06:32:56 PM »

If things go down how I think they will then St. John's will be very talented next season.

On the sidelines or on the floor?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

hnk

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:33:40 PM »
Dave, talented with players or coaching staff or both....could you explain  a little ...thanks

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 06:37:26 PM »

Good. That sounds promising. Stauskas and cousins coming with mullin?

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 06:52:35 PM »
Mullin + Slice , Cal to NBA =  Brisce ,Diallo & Sampon to #sjubb is my guess .

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 06:58:33 PM »

Please elaborate.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 06:59:12 PM »

Good. That sounds promising. Stauskas and cousins coming with mullin?
No, gonna be Run TMC all over again. Spike Lee's going to be slumming at Carnesecca Arena  ;D

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 06:59:23 PM »
Guys if Mullin comes here, we have to think he is smart enough to play the game and do what he has to do to win.  He has instant credibility in the tri-state area, especially with the NY High School community.  And he also has credibility nationally, because everyone knows who he is.  His connections and time in the NBA is a major plus to sell kids.  And he will bring in at least one, if not more, really good recruiter, because he is smart enough to do that.  Chris Mullin loves NY and loves this school too much to not give 1000000%.  Will there be a learning curve?  Of course!  Is there a risk as between him and say Danny Hurley (who I also think deserves serious consideration), of course!  But Chris is not taking this job to go about it half-arsed.

I have no inside information whatsoever on this.  But based on what I've read about Mullin, and knowing how fond he is of SJU and New York City, logic dictates that he would only accept this job if he was supremely confident that he would succeed, and that he would fight like hell and do everything possible to ensure that happens.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 07:00:05 PM »

I'm clinging to this as well.  Briscoe is flat-out program changer.  He's a popular kid too...maybe he made a friend to bring with him and Slice.

goredmen

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »

Im confused. You were in the extend Lavin camp for stability reasons this whole time but you seem awfully optimistic about the direction of the program just hours after it was announced Lavin is out. Hmm....

DFF6

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 07:07:50 PM »

Im confused. You were in the extend Lavin camp for stability reasons this whole time but you seem awfully optimistic about the direction of the program just hours after it was announced Lavin is out. Hmm....

Dave is just reporting what he is hearing. Doesn't mean he' has changed his tune.  But I too would like some clarity on what the heck Dave is talking about.

goredmen

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 07:11:33 PM »

Dave is just reporting what he is hearing. Doesn't mean he' has changed his tune.  But I too would like some clarity on what the heck Dave is talking about.

For him to now say that St. John's will be very talented next year and to tweet "St. John’s will be in a very good situation next season. Will reload in a NY minute. #sjubb" sure sounds like he changed his tune to me. I don't expect him to elaborate though

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 07:16:50 PM »

Marillac enjoys himself a good Dave-bashing (in fun, of course, he's good guy off boards) as much as anyone, but a lot of new info has come out in the last few hours.  I suspect this will be the case the next few weeks as well.  Dave and many others will be doing plenty of 180's and 360's I'm sure.  Totally understandable IMHO. 

goredmen

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 07:20:42 PM »

Marillac enjoys himself a good Dave-bashing (in fun, of course, he's good guy off boards) as much as anyone, but a lot of new info has come out in the last few hours.  I suspect this will be the case the next few weeks as well.  Dave and many others will be doing plenty of 180's and 360's I'm sure.  Totally understandable IMHO. 

Im not really bashing him, just pointing it out

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 07:24:32 PM »

I'm clinging to this as well.  Briscoe is flat-out program changer.  He's a popular kid too...maybe he made a friend to bring with him and Slice.
I knew he shouldn't have signed the NLI.  Hopefully, Cal really does bolt this time after going 40-0.

We all should be pulling for UK, and have some luck roll back the NYC way.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/25/report-john-calipari-desperately-wants-to-coach-in-the-nba-again/

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/john-calipari-nba-kentucky-sweet-16

Dan

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »

For him to now say that St. John's will be very talented next year and to tweet "St. John’s will be in a very good situation next season. Will reload in a NY minute. #sjubb" sure sounds like he changed his tune to me. I don't expect him to elaborate though

are you surprised?  so many vague posts that can mean almost anything