Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
Severe , Domingo?

Stop with Severe :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
Could be wrong, but Dave's Temple comment may be prophetic.

Chilleb

Moose

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha
We just haven't been mentioned with him at all.  I know things change.  But again its that city player shine that is blinding you a bit.

Chilleb

« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2012, 12:08:50 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha
We just haven't been mentioned with him at all.  I know things change.  But again its that city player shine that is blinding you a bit.
I know we haven't been mentioned with him but I feel if there are any legit ones in our own backyard why not snag them? That was the beautiful thing with moe. When this program was at its peak it was taking the best kids from the area ; mullin, Jackson , artest and going to final fours. I often speak about the decline the city is on and how there are very very few kids that are even big east talents. I'm high on severe because he's a player while on the contrary I'm not so much on Lawrence and hall so to say its city bias isn't the truth. I'm around the highschool basketball scene a lot and try to do my duty by bringing back what I see to these boards, if I lived in Philly I'd probably be raving or chastising amile Jefferson if I lived in Chicago I'd be doing the same for Jabari Parker. Im just delivering what I'm able too, nothin more nothin less.

Moose

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2012, 12:14:41 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha
I know we haven't been mentioned with him but I feel if there are any legit ones in our own backyard why not snag them? That was the beautiful thing with moe. When this program was at its peak it was taking the best kids from the area ; mullin, Jackson , artest and going to final fours. I often speak about the decline the city is on and how there are very very few kids that are even big east talents. I'm high on severe because he's a player while on the contrary I'm not so much on Lawrence and hall so to say its city bias isn't the truth. I'm around the highschool basketball scene a lot and try to do my duty by bringing back what I see to these boards, if I lived in Philly I'd probably be raving or chastising amile Jefferson if I lived in Chicago I'd be doing the same for Jabari Parker. Im just delivering what I'm able too, nothin more nothin less.

Ok your not high on Lawrence but meanwhile the bigger schools are after him as opposed to Severe.

How do you rank the NYC kids of 2013?

Side note I've seen Severe 3 times and have not come away wishing we had him.  Maybe its based on who we should already have on roster at that point.  13 class points to all signs of probably replacing a big man or two.  Guard wise we seem to be set more.

Happy

« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha

I'm with you.. Love Severe

Happy

« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2012, 12:17:21 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha

Ok your not high on Lawrence but meanwhile the bigger schools are after him as opposed to Severe.

Side note I've seen Severe 3 times and have not come away wishing we had him.  Maybe its based on who we should already have on roster at that point.  13 class points to all signs of probably replacing a big man or two.  Guard wise we seem to be set more.

The bigger schools will start coming for Severe. I know Pitt loves him.. I hear you on him not showing out in some games.. But Ctk was Calhoun's team.. Wait til next year.

Moose

« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2012, 12:17:59 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha

The bigger schools will start coming for Severe. I know Pitt loves him.. I hear you on him not showing out in some games.. But Ctk was Calhoun's team.. Wait til next year.

Calhoun sucked most games I saw too :)

Happy

« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha

Preaching to the choir my friend.. Not a huge Calhoun fan myself.. But it was his team :)

« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2012, 12:24:55 PM »

I agree. I suppose that Severe will be much more important in his team without Calhoun.

Chilleb

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha

I agree with you in terms of if we land rysheed Jordan, but if we don't I would "hope" the staff takes a look at severe if not Sina. And a bunch of big schools have been mentioned with severe moose, Florida being the latest. It's a matter of how Lawrence's game will translate. He's 6'9 210. He's a twig, who went from playing low level competition to lower level competition. I do think he has potential but Needs a lot of work. He dosent even play on the big time circuit he runs with positive direction in the mid-major aau events.  I posted 2 videos of him on his thread and aside from a few blocks and dunks against 5'10 kids you'll see how much polish this kid needs. He's a poor mans Chris McCullough

2013 in NYC is extremely weak

Jordan Washington
Jon severe
Terrence Samuel
Jermaine
Shane rector
Hassan
#35687433) isaiah Lewis

Chilleb

« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha

Preaching to the choir my friend.. Not a huge Calhoun fan myself.. But it was his team :)
Calhoun was super -duper overrated. Reinhardt owned him

Moose

« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha

I agree with you in terms of if we land rysheed Jordan, but if we don't I would "hope" the staff takes a look at severe if not Sina. And a bunch of big schools have been mentioned with severe moose, Florida being the latest. It's a matter of how Lawrence's game will translate. He's 6'9 210. He's a twig, who went from playing low level competition to lower level competition. I do think he has potential but Needs a lot of work. He dosent even play on the big time circuit he runs with positive direction in the mid-major aau events.  I posted 2 videos of him on his thread and aside from a few blocks and dunks against 5'10 kids you'll see how much polish this kid needs. He's a poor mans Chris McCullough

Jordan Washington
Jon severe
Terrence Samuel
Jermaine
Shane rector
Hassan
#35687433) isaiah Lewis

You posted two vids of Lawrence but there are many others where he looks damn good.  Good post moves from him.  Not your typical 6'9 guy that wants to cherry pick.

We agree on Lewis ranking.  I think I had him at 35687434 actually. :)

I'm actually not so much in love with the Jordan recruitment either.  I'm on record saying I wanted 13 to be Lawrence and Domingo.  CMac would throw a wrench into that.  We just haven't heard much from the earlier 13 targets like Sina, Anya, Wainright now, etc...

Chilleb

« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha

Jordan Washington
Jon severe
Terrence Samuel
Jermaine
Shane rector
Hassan
#35687433) isaiah Lewis

You posted two vids of Lawrence but there are many others where he looks damn good.  Good post moves from him.  Not your typical 6'9 guy that wants to cherry pick.

I'm actually not so much in love with the Jordan recruitment either.  I'm on record saying I wanted 13 to be Lawrence and Domingo.  CMac would throw a wrench into that.  We just haven't heard much from the earlier 13 targets like Sina, Anya, Wainright now, etc...
Lol, the videos were meant for the viewer to follow the rest of them to see the whole game. I just started it off by posting the first one.

But Anya is just what the doctor ordered right about now, I'm in favor of domingo over wainwright at this point but wouldn't mind either. Think it was the 13-19 finish or coaches health that scared them away?

Moose

« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »
Severe , Domingo?

Too good to be true? Lol

Haha

Jordan Washington
Jon severe
Terrence Samuel
Jermaine
Shane rector
Hassan
#35687433) isaiah Lewis

Lol, the videos were meant for the viewer to follow the rest of them to see the whole game. I just started it off by posting the first one.

But Anya is just what the doctor ordered right about now, I'm in favor of domingo over wainwright at this point but wouldn't mind either. Think it was the 13-19 finish or coaches health that scared them away?

I think the focus on wrapping up 2012 has maybe made some recruits forget about us.

« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2012, 07:36:11 PM »
As much as I'd love Anya, staff isn't recruiting in the DC area. They are sticking to the waters they know. I've tried since last year to get them on Anya.

Lawrence is the real deal. Can't remember if I posted this from the spring but he was at Hoop Group Top 100. #49

Hoop Group Brings Out Best Ballers in New York City for Elite Top 100
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »
As much as I love Sina he's not Rysheed Jordan. Sina will need a system to be effective while Jordan is a big time playmaker. Jordan is going to have a long long list of suitors. I wouldn't downplay Temple one bit for his services due to location, conference, and sneaker deal.

Good old Under Armour.  I still think there will be a day when they are equals to Nike.
Ya know it Moose. I want SJ's to sign on to UA badly so both my squad are g-ed up.  Dave's Hoop Group luvs UA - he he he

« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »
As much as I love Sina he's not Rysheed Jordan. Sina will need a system to be effective while Jordan is a big time playmaker. Jordan is going to have a long long list of suitors. I wouldn't downplay Temple one bit for his services due to location, conference, and sneaker deal.
Temple joining the Beast did not help SJ's or MD's cause with Rysheed.

« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2012, 08:15:11 PM »
As much as I'd love Anya, staff isn't recruiting in the DC area. They are sticking to the waters they know. I've tried since last year to get them on Anya.

Lawrence is the real deal. Can't remember if I posted this from the spring but he was at Hoop Group Top 100. #49

Hoop Group Brings Out Best Ballers in New York City for Elite Top 100
Anya got schooled by smaller and quicker Paul VI players like Coleman Johnson and then awesome frosh Markus Derrickson.  I badly want MD to get Derrickson. 

Yes, the staff reached out last year, but unless there's a player that really wants to come up to NY Metro area, it might be a hard road to ride on.  Then again, if Anya goes to Cuse cuz of MooMoo, I'd counter with 100 reasons why SJ's is better next season and seasons to come.  Especially with B retiring in 2 years.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 08:15:29 PM by bball purist »