Baldi probe: Where is Jordan?

• 168 replies

LoganK

Re: Baldi probe: Where is Jordan?
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 12:46:34 AM »
It's fair to question. Something isn't right. I hope Jordan realizes this is hurting his NBA/Pro chances in a BIG way. Spoke to one NBA scout who said their team has already crossed him off their list due to pattern of off the court immaturity.
I know the timing is the same as last year's disappearing act but why would they make up a story about him being on IV fluids? He probably got very sick and he was going to go home for Christmas anyway so instead of getting everyone else on the team sick they just sent him home to get better and he will be back after Christmas.
Getting him away from home is best thing for him mentally and physically. It's rare that student athletes go home at all especially during their season.
That's not true. My brother had an FCS playoff game the Saturday after Thanksgiving last year and he came home after practice Thanksgiving morning and went back at midnight Thanksgiving night. He also came home on his bye week every year. I know basketball might be a little different because the team is smaller but you're telling me the De La Rosa's won't be home for Christmas?
branch is going home for the week...
I bet it's so he can get his act together...

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 12:46:38 AM »
It's fair to question. Something isn't right. I hope Jordan realizes this is hurting his NBA/Pro chances in a BIG way. Spoke to one NBA scout who said their team has already crossed him off their list due to pattern of off the court immaturity.
I know the timing is the same as last year's disappearing act but why would they make up a story about him being on IV fluids? He probably got very sick and he was going to go home for Christmas anyway so instead of getting everyone else on the team sick they just sent him home to get better and he will be back after Christmas.
Getting him away from home is best thing for him mentally and physically. It's rare that student athletes go home at all especially during their season.
That's not true. My brother had an FCS playoff game the Saturday after Thanksgiving last year and he came home after practice Thanksgiving morning and went back at midnight Thanksgiving night. He also came home on his bye week every year. I know basketball might be a little different because the team is smaller but you're telling me the De La Rosa's won't be home for Christmas?
branch is going home for the week...

How often has Branch been a problem? How often does Branch show up to practice?

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 12:50:01 AM »
They also said he went home last year to be with his sick mom
And it appears that's what he did, cosnidering he was back with the team the game after he left.
I have a bridge to sell you
What do you think is going on?

Same as last year. Sent home to get his act together.

He "left" the team last year on December 21st

Think he's coming back?

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 12:53:04 AM »
And it appears that's what he did, cosnidering he was back with the team the game after he left.
Same as last year. Sent home to get his act together. He "left" the team last year on December 21st
Think he's coming back?
He probably doesn't even know that answer.
Think his teammates are happy with him? Guys that are busting their ass day in and day out trying to end their careers on a high ?

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 12:56:47 AM »
at this point him transferring is a lot more far fetched than last year.  last year he missed the first game of the 2nd semester.  this year he played on Friday (1st game of 2nd semester).  meaning that if he decides to leave, he'd have to wait until Fall 2016 to play again vs playing spring 2016 had he not played last Friday vs St. Mary's. 
he's not transferring.  he'd have to be a complete nice person to leave.

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 12:57:44 AM »
Same as last year. Sent home to get his act together. He "left" the team last year on December 21st
Think he's coming back?
He probably doesn't even know that answer. Think his teammates are happy with him? Guys that are busting their ass day in and day out trying to end their careers on a high ?
yeah, but the srs. know they need him. 

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 01:01:34 AM »
Think he's coming back?
He probably doesn't even know that answer. Think his teammates are happy with him? Guys that are busting their ass day in and day out trying to end their careers on a high ?
yeah, but the srs. know they need him.
Not tonight they didn't 

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 01:03:44 AM »
I don't think he is sick.

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 01:06:19 AM »
This thread is pathetic.  C'mon Dave, don't try to give credence to this nonsense.  If someone is gonna hate half the players on a team, just go root for another one.

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 01:08:11 AM »
i dont agree with marco usually , but you start to think about pelle , and thomas, and nuri , ect. It seems we tend to recruit a certain amount of kids who have issues here. Not even mentioning the Artis thing but I think he will get his life turned around where ever he ends up.

Marco this was LBSU, this isn't Nova, Gtown or Duke. They need a productive jordan to go anywhere. I think Daves onto something though. You look at it chronilogically. First he's not starting ( doesn't change him ) then you send him home , whats next- exile like D'lo had to go through? I hope not. The seniors deserve this season and to make the NCAAs finally. They really have worked their butts off.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:11:32 AM by valgoth »

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 01:14:25 AM »
Simplyred-how does questioning what may be going on with RJ who has had some issues in the past equate to hating half the team?

Poison

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 01:23:16 AM »
I have no idea if there really is trouble here, but I seem to recall Lavin sighting family issues for his early return to Philly last year. Why lie, when it can really come back to bite you? Roger Rubin said sources close to the school said Jordan was on an iv Friday and played anyway. 

If this is BS and he's not sick at all, a lot of effort has been made to hide what's really happening. The credibility of the staff will come up if it turns out to be a fake story just to shut us up. 

Only at St.John's, could we be off to our best start in 25 years, and still be sick over it. Maybe we'll all head to the bathroom to barf. Or, maybe he really is sick, and this is a waste of time? 

Poison

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 01:44:05 AM »
FWIW...

@NYPost_Brazille: Rysheed Jordan was under the weather Friday and was ruled out today. Was very sick. Should be fine to practice after holiday break. #sjubb

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 02:03:47 AM »
Simplyred-how does questioning what may be going on with RJ who has had some issues in the past equate to hating half the team?

We're in the middle of a very nice run and look like we are gonna have a really good season.  Why keep coming on and trying to start rumors.  If facts come out, report them. This negative speculation about kids, imo, is stupid.

LoganK

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 08:18:21 AM »
Sheep following the wolf...

bk8664

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 08:45:07 AM »
When you look at the body language of the team on the court; they are brothers. They all get along.  They are all smiling.  I am skeptical there is anything to this worry.

Tha Kid

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »
1.   Two years of the same thing can very easily be mere coincidence. He DOES have a sick mom and this is a popular time for many people to be sick.

2.  If there is a conspiracy, could it simply be as simple as rysheed wants to be home at Christmas and part of the deal w Lavin is that he'd be allowed to be OR basically he makes sure he is.  Not that he wants to leave but he's homesick and wants to be w his I'll mother?  That would be a believable conspiracy.

3.  Baldi it is very clear you are interested way more in St. John's when there is discord but way less when all is fine and we are winning.  Don't see you posting similar conspiracies or negatives about Iona. Can you just admit for once you enjoy when things don't go well for the team?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 09:12:37 AM »
Lavin said Jordan did not feel well prior to St. John's 53-47 win over Saint Mary's (Ca.) on Dec. 19. The next day Jordan saw doctors who treated him with intravenous fluids, and he is resting with his family in Philadelphia.

I believe this. Saw him up close at the St. Mary's game and he looked awful.

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 09:29:49 AM »
1. Two years of the same thing can very easily be mere coincidence. He DOES have a sick mom and this is a popular time for many people to be sick. 2. If there is a conspiracy, could it simply be as simple as rysheed wants to be home at Christmas and part of the deal w Lavin is that he'd be allowed to be OR basically he makes sure he is. Not that he wants to leave but he's homesick and wants to be w his I'll mother? That would be a believable conspiracy. 3. Baldi it is very clear you are interested way more in St. John's when there is discord but way less when all is fine and we are winning. Don't see you posting similar conspiracies or negatives about Iona. Can you just admit for once you enjoy when things don't go well for the team?
Discord is plentiful. Hence my # of posts. Did I not support the team when some of the rest here were cheering for losses? I want this team to win, not every 4 years.

desco80

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
You guys need to try to ignore that Baldi is the messenger.
Jordan is probably sick, but Baldi's underlying point, that he's been a big pain in the ass ... is absolutely true.   He skips practices to go home on a regular basis.
If this was any other player, they still might not play but they would be with the team and not sent home.    There are two issues here; a bout with a stomach virus, and continually missing practice.