Baldi probe: Where is Jordan?

• 168 replies
Re: Baldi probe: Where is Jordan?
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:20 AM »
Homesick?  Man up. We have kids dying in war younger than this punk. 
I would like to know who he told before skipping out of town

derk

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2014, 09:36:28 AM »
Could any of this still have to do with the not starting issue, or has that been put to bed.

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2014, 09:38:08 AM »
Could any of this still have to do with the not starting issue, or has that been put to bed.
Would you start a player who shows up to practice when he wants to?

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2014, 09:43:28 AM »
A grown man calling Jordan a punk for being homesick is pretty despicable. The kid plays basketball for free for our enjoyment, give it a rest.

CC

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2014, 09:44:24 AM »
Lavin said he will be back practicing with the team on Friday and will play Sunday.

desco80

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 09:46:36 AM »
A grown man calling Jordan a punk for being homesick is pretty despicable. The kid plays basketball for free for our enjoyment, give it a rest.

So college students can't be punks? 
This isn't cyo.  He's a 20yr old man.  He has responsibilities that pretty much everyone universally acknowledges he has not been keeping. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:47:34 AM by desco80 »

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 09:47:45 AM »
He's a punk cause he keeps quitting on his team. Not because he's homesick. 

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »

So college students can't be punks? 
This isn't cyo.  He's a 20yr old man.  He has responsibilities that pretty much everyone universally acknowledges he has not been keeping.

Of course they can and many are.What we know about  this case is that he got sick and went home for Christmas early instead of laying in bed alone in a  Fresh Meadows apartment. Dont get how that makes him a punk.

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
Baldi how do you know for sure that he is "quitting" on the team.  I have a solid notion of what occurred last year, and things turned around after the holiday break.  My understanding of the current situation is that while Sheed is still showing signs of immaturity, it is not the same landscape as last year, and that generally speaking his teammates really like him.  I doubt they would if he was flat out quitting , especially with this having the potential to be a really good year.  Again, I don't, and will never know 100%, because I'm not around the team enough.  So I'm a bit hesitant to get on the kid, particularly given the life he has had, and remain hopefully that he will keep his head on straight and use basketball as a means to improve his family's life. 

And speaking for others I find it ironic that you get all over this kid at the first opportunity, but your big man Laury gets arrested and all you care about is the stat line.  He is a punk.  And having friends who know your Associate AD (Mr. Beyer) quite well, the Gaels have their share of questionable characters that you rout for without giving two S***s.

TONYD3

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2014, 10:45:07 AM »
1- Does he miss practice? I find that hard to believe.
2. I have as positive as anyone around here, still this is troubling. I don't want to question his sickness but this isn't the 1st time. This is the 3rd. He had a tooth issue during the NIT. 
3. To sick to play or even be there Monday, but he should be at practice Friday.

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2014, 10:53:41 AM »
This thread is pathetic.

desco80

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »
This thread is pathetic.

dynamite contribution Loughlin.   just brilliant stuff from you, as usual.

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2014, 11:30:28 AM »
Baldi how do you know for sure that he is "quitting" on the team. I have a solid notion of what occurred last year, and things turned around after the holiday break. My understanding of the current situation is that while Sheed is still showing signs of immaturity, it is not the same landscape as last year, and that generally speaking his teammates really like him. I doubt they would if he was flat out quitting , especially with this having the potential to be a really good year. Again, I don't, and will never know 100%, because I'm not around the team enough. So I'm a bit hesitant to get on the kid, particularly given the life he has had, and remain hopefully that he will keep his head on straight and use basketball as a means to improve his family's life. And speaking for others I find it ironic that you get all over this kid at the first opportunity, but your big man Laury gets arrested and all you care about is the stat line. He is a punk. And having friends who know your Associate AD (Mr. Beyer) quite well, the Gaels have their share of questionable characters that you rout for without giving two S***s.
You can go to Iona hoops board for your airing of the grievances. Or the college and sports section here. 

derk

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »
People are skeptical because we hear all kinds of rumors that are denied, before eventually coming to pass. So is it an innocent kid who's sick, with a sick mother at home, who wants to start, instead of doing what the coach says is right for the team. Welcome to SJU.

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »
This thread is pathetic.
dynamite contribution Loughlin. just brilliant stuff from you, as usual.

Sometimes a few words can say a lot.

redslope

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2014, 12:11:24 PM »
This thread is pathetic.

Trolls will be trolls--always

desco80

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 12:27:02 PM »
This thread is pathetic.
Attacking the topic of the thread itself is pointless.  If you don't appreciate it, then don't engage in conversation on this topic.
Loughlin didn't give any reason, he just said its pathetic to discuss this.   That to me is trolling.   He's just saying that to get a rise out of people, he's not offering to engage in the conversation. 

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2014, 01:18:43 PM »
I have no idea if he is sick or not. I certainly hope he is. As opposed to the alternative. For the record, I heard from a couple people including someone respected on this board that there is an issue with Jordan disappearing and surfacing in Philly. Is that what happened here? I hope not, but for once Bluto is not wrong to question, even if his motive was to annoy a bunch of you.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:20:26 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2014, 01:22:11 PM »
For anyone to speculate hes lying when they know nothing about the situation is pretty pathetic. 

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
For anyone to speculate hes lying when they know nothing about the situation is pretty pathetic.
Prior to him being sick there was from what I understand a common knowledge that he was skipping out to Philly w/o telling anyone. A bunch of people on the board had heard that. Again is that the case here? I hope not but it is being questioned becuase that rumor is out there.