Baldi probe: Where is Jordan?

• 168 replies

desco80

Re: Baldi probe: Where is Jordan?
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2014, 03:49:33 PM »
It used to be humorous. Now it's annoying and pathetic.
You guys aren't listening. There are other people confirming the stories about Jordan missing practices. I have no idea if Jordan is sick or not, or why he didn't play yesterday. But the issue with him missing practice is something I've heard from people other than Baldi. Jordan going home and missing practice without telling anyone has been happening since he got here, and it drives the staff mad.
That's more of a "factual" statement, though unconfirmed, than what Baldi posted.

To be clear, I truly don't know why he didn't play yesterday, but I'd be shocked if he isn't sick to some degree.
Skipping practices and he ends up in Philly is something I've heard from numerous people.   But credit to coach, he doesn't throw his players under the bus.   Scouts wouldn't look kindly at that.
So I don't think its always publicized.  

LoganK

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »
Baldi how do you know for sure that he is "quitting" on the team. I have a solid notion of what occurred last year, and things turned around after the holiday break. My understanding of the current situation is that while Sheed is still showing signs of immaturity, it is not the same landscape as last year, and that generally speaking his teammates really like him. I doubt they would if he was flat out quitting , especially with this having the potential to be a really good year. Again, I don't, and will never know 100%, because I'm not around the team enough. So I'm a bit hesitant to get on the kid, particularly given the life he has had, and remain hopefully that he will keep his head on straight and use basketball as a means to improve his family's life. And speaking for others I find it ironic that you get all over this kid at the first opportunity, but your big man Laury gets arrested and all you care about is the stat line. He is a punk. And having friends who know your Associate AD (Mr. Beyer) quite well, the Gaels have their share of questionable characters that you rout for without giving two S***s.
You can go to Iona hoops board for your airing of the grievances. Or the college and sports section here.

Does Iona have a message board?  Wouldn't that require multiple fans?
I also imagine that if any of us were to go on any other team's board and post the amount of nonsense that you post here (otherwise known as trolling), we'd be banned.  Lucky for you, Dave's a nice guy.

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2014, 04:14:18 PM »
Baldi how do you know for sure that he is "quitting" on the team. I have a solid notion of what occurred last year, and things turned around after the holiday break. My understanding of the current situation is that while Sheed is still showing signs of immaturity, it is not the same landscape as last year, and that generally speaking his teammates really like him. I doubt they would if he was flat out quitting , especially with this having the potential to be a really good year. Again, I don't, and will never know 100%, because I'm not around the team enough. So I'm a bit hesitant to get on the kid, particularly given the life he has had, and remain hopefully that he will keep his head on straight and use basketball as a means to improve his family's life. And speaking for others I find it ironic that you get all over this kid at the first opportunity, but your big man Laury gets arrested and all you care about is the stat line. He is a punk. And having friends who know your Associate AD (Mr. Beyer) quite well, the Gaels have their share of questionable characters that you rout for without giving two S***s.
You can go to Iona hoops board for your airing of the grievances. Or the college and sports section here.
Does Iona have a message board? Wouldn't that require multiple fans? I also imagine that if any of us were to go on any other team's board and post the amount of nonsense that you post here (otherwise known as trolling), we'd be banned. Lucky for you, Dave's a nice guy.
Just google ionahoops. I was a STJohns fan when you were pooping your diaper.  
Hopefully you can find something interesting to add in your next post

LoganK

« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2014, 04:24:33 PM »
Does Iona have a message board? Wouldn't that require multiple fans? I also imagine that if any of us were to go on any other team's board and post the amount of nonsense that you post here (otherwise known as trolling), we'd be banned. Lucky for you, Dave's a nice guy.
Just google ionahoops. I was a STJohns fan when you were pooping your diaper. Hopefully you can find something interesting to add in your next post

Doubtful.  Us youngens ain't learned enuff to make smart word posts. 
The good thing is that because I'm so young and unintelligent I found my post very insightful, clever, and interesting (unlike most of the dribble you post).

A troll wearing red is still a troll.

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2014, 04:34:51 PM »
For anyone to speculate hes lying when they know nothing about the situation is pretty pathetic.
Prior to him being sick there was from what I understand a common knowledge that he was skipping out to Philly w/o telling anyone. A bunch of people on the board had heard that. Again is that the case here? I hope not but it is being questioned becuase that rumor is out there.
So you heard a rumor. And now your going to speculate even further on a rumor that may or may not be true. And you're calling him a liar. I have a hard time believing, that with Lavin's track record of suspending kids for being 5 mins late for a bus, he would tolerate that kind of behavior, and if that was the case, he would be suspended right now.
I called no one a liar. Did you quote the wrong person or are you stupid?
I simply said, there SEEMS to be a well known rumor(of which one respected person on this board relayed to me and then heard it from another source) that Jordan has on occasion missed things and simply went home. Based on that being out there, it is understandable to be skeptical of the timing of this.
I, WASJU choose to hope that he is sick. For one he is my 2nd favorite player, two if something is up with him we can't make tourney w/o him.
If you are friends with anyone on this board(anything is possible) ask them if they have heard Jordan rumblings.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:37:05 PM by we are sju »

boo3

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2014, 04:40:48 PM »
Zach Braziller ‏
@NYPost_Brazille
 [/color][/url] 2m2 minutes ago[/font][/size][/color]
If another St John's fan asks me if Rysheed Jordan was really sick I may quit Twitter

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2014, 04:52:40 PM »
I posted a few weeks ago that I hoped Jordan comes back after Christmas. Why would I post such a thing?

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2014, 04:52:55 PM »
For anyone to speculate hes lying when they know nothing about the situation is pretty pathetic.
Prior to him being sick there was from what I understand a common knowledge that he was skipping out to Philly w/o telling anyone. A bunch of people on the board had heard that. Again is that the case here? I hope not but it is being questioned becuase that rumor is out there.
So you heard a rumor. And now your going to speculate even further on a rumor that may or may not be true. And you're calling him a liar. I have a hard time believing, that with Lavin's track record of suspending kids for being 5 mins late for a bus, he would tolerate that kind of behavior, and if that was the case, he would be suspended right now.
I called no one a liar. Did you quote the wrong person or are you stupid? I simply said, there SEEMS to be a well known rumor(of which one respected person on this board relayed to me and then heard it from another source) that Jordan has on occasion missed things and simply went home. Based on that being out there, it is understandable to be skeptical of the timing of this. I, WASJU choose to hope that he is sick. For one he is my 2nd favorite player, two if something is up with him we can't make tourney w/o him. If you are friends with anyone on this board(anything is possible) ask them if they have heard Jordan rumblings.

My bad, *insinuating he may be a liar. And to be honest seems to be a baseless rumor generated by the group of negative nancies on this board.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:53:51 PM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2014, 05:01:24 PM »
I called no one a liar. Did you quote the wrong person or are you stupid? I simply said, there SEEMS to be a well known rumor(of which one respected person on this board relayed to me and then heard it from another source) that Jordan has on occasion missed things and simply went home. Based on that being out there, it is understandable to be skeptical of the timing of this. I, WASJU choose to hope that he is sick. For one he is my 2nd favorite player, two if something is up with him we can't make tourney w/o him. If you are friends with anyone on this board(anything is possible) ask them if they have heard Jordan rumblings.
My bad, *insinuating he may be a liar. And to be honest seems to be a baseless rumor generated by the group of negative nancies on this board.
Would normally agree with you. But here is the thing, I was blaming Lavin for not starting Jordan for "one of his life lessons" or becuase of the TO's in Gonzaga game. The person who IM'd me on the board is in no way a "negative" poster, simply told me I was off base and said Jordan has some issues with immaturity and mentioned the disappearing to Philly thing. I then reached out to the one "source" I have and he basically confirmed that is what he was hearing too.
Listen if it was just Bluto, I would still be blaming Lavin. Is there anything to this? Maybe, maybe not. Hopefully there is just some stuff Jordan needs to improve on and this instance is not related. That is how I am rooting!
Evidently other people have heard similar stories and as they say you can only hear that Richard Gere gerbal story so many times before you start to believe it. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:02:51 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2014, 05:05:25 PM »
Again I am not saying anything about Jordan being sick! He probably was. All I am saying is I understand people being concerned. I was a little when I heard he wasn't playing. And truthfully I won't really feel 100% comfortable until I see him enter Tulane game.

Poison

« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2014, 05:16:11 PM »
Zach Braziller
@NYPost_Brazille
[/color][/url] 2m2 minutes ago[/font][/size][/color] If another St John's fan asks me if Rysheed Jordan was really sick I may quit Twitter
Hopefully, that puts this to bed. 

ras

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2014, 06:05:07 PM »
I posted a few weeks ago that I hoped Jordan comes back after Christmas. Why would I post such a thing?
I. Remember reading that. What did you hear to make you say that? FWIW You were right on last year.

« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »
I. Remember reading that. What did you hear to make you say that? FWIW You were right on last year.
Thank you my man. 
His entourage wants him home. Not at STJohns 

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2014, 09:04:00 PM »
Thank you my man. His entourage wants him home. Not at STJohns

Yeah, he was "right on"

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=8363.msg181941#msg181941

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2014, 09:21:27 PM »
"Good luck at Temple" lol

Wasn't Harrison going to Baylor at one point too?

Lavin to Cal?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 09:22:27 PM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2014, 09:26:45 PM »
"Good luck at Temple" lol Wasn't Harrison going to Baylor at one point too? Lavin to Cal?
You guys should go tweet braziller for clarification.

Poison

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2014, 09:51:10 PM »
"Good luck at Temple" lol Wasn't Harrison going to Baylor at one point too? Lavin to Cal?
You guys should go tweet braziller for clarification.
LOL

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
Baylor thing was my joking prediction. Thought h would transfer based on no information, other then what I would do. Posted that clarification many times. 

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2014, 10:07:21 PM »
Baylor thing was my joking prediction. Thought h would transfer based on no information, other then what I would do. Posted that clarification many times.

wasju-baldi circlejerk?

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2014, 10:11:47 PM »
. Baylor thing was my joking prediction. Thought h would transfer based on no information, other then what I would do. Posted that clarification many times.
wasju-baldi circlejerk?
That kind of thing excite you or just Ron Ron's junk?