Bubble Watch

• 420 replies

hnk

Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2015, 01:26:49 PM »
if the win, like they should you'll have nothing to complain about if they don't win, they shouldn't get in.

hnk

« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2015, 01:27:28 PM »
It's just IONA....not I own a bid.

« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »
if the win, like they should you'll have nothing to complain about if they don't win, they shouldn't get in.

Agreed.  But I just  don't see how teams who can't even finish top 5 in their conference deserve bids.

hnk

« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2015, 01:37:08 PM »
One could also argue that conference winner of grossly inferior conferences shouldn't receive bids either.

« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2015, 01:38:06 PM »

Agreed.  But I just  don't see how teams who can't even finish top 5 in their conference deserve bids.

Because those teams are playing Top 50 teams just about every game.

Like I said earlier if Iona does not win their tournament like they should they need to take a look at the big picture and maybe replace TC with a head coach that can win the MAAC Tournament. He has the most talent in the league but it don't mean crap if they can't win the MAAC Tournament.

« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
Baldi I think the caliber of play is improved when legit teams that finish outside the top 5 of the conference still get to dance because their overall resume supports inclusion.  The tournament is better this year with Indiana, NC St. or Xavier than it is with Manhattan.  I know there have been years where a lesser conference gets screwed, and there will always be exceptions, but I don't think leaving out a Murray St. in lieu of one of these larger conference teams is a bad thing at all.

boo3

« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2015, 01:45:34 PM »

Because they are better basketball teams. Do you want the best 68 or the best 48 and 20  scrubs? 

« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »
And the regular season is not totally meaningless as a smaller conference if your schedule the right way.  What the poster said about Long Beach State is spot on - go on the road and play a murderous schedule.  You pull of a W or two and all of a sudden winning the league doesn't become a necessity if you dominate but get upset in the conference tourney.

LoganK

« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »

Xavier would steamrolled through the MAAC.

LoganK

« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »
Also, pretend my previous comment was written in proper English...

hnk

« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »
Bottom line is win or go home and that will be true for every one next week.

« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »

Like I said earlier if Iona does not win their tournament like they should they need to take a look at the big picture and maybe replace TC with a head coach that can win the MAAC Tournament. He has the most talent in the league but it don't mean crap if they can't win the MAAC Tournament.

Fire Cluess? That's absurd. He has won the MAAC tournament. But on any given day, any team can be beat.

« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »

Fire Cluess? That's absurd. He has won the MAAC tournament. But on any given day, any team can be beat.

If they lose this year, that would be 2 years in a row where he had more talent and didn't get it done. Big picture is as you stated win the MAAC Tournament.

I think they will win and I hope so because I think they can win a game or two in the NCAA depending on the match up.

hnk

« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2015, 01:52:30 PM »
They should have saved a few of those made three point shots for the Championship.

« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2015, 01:57:44 PM »
So like I said regular season doesn't matter
It does if your coach schedules well.  Obviously it's easier for major conference teams, but it's certainly possible for low-mid majors.  Only one to blame for Iona's lack of a profile is Cluess and his players.  He should take a page out of Long Beach St.'s book and play a bunch of high majors in the non-con.  Win some of them, and run through your league, and you'll have no problems getting in.  The players should've won the opportunities they had (or at least a couple of them) and should not have lost to so many bad teams.  Bottom line is, Iona just isn't good enough.

Long Beach St is 16-16

« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2015, 02:00:30 PM »

Xavier would steamrolled through the MAAC.

Xavier lost to teams like Auburn, Long Beach St, DePaul and has 19 wins. They still have work to do

« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2015, 02:33:38 PM »
Fire Cluess?  Would you guys stop trolling Baldi.  Not only does it derail these threads, but it is getting old. 

Cluess is the best thing to happen to Iona since Jimmy V.  Yes, his team is much better this year, and if he loses he should take a hit.  But everyone loses and he has done a tremendous job overall (and I think Manhattan was just as good as Iona last year in terms of talent).

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »
Just my opinion, but those 11 and 12 seed play in games should be reserved for mid majors. Lunardi  has  Temple vs Texas and Indiana vs BYU.  Put 4 mid majors and make them a 14 seed or so
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:55:38 PM by Marco Baldi »

TONYD3

« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2015, 02:59:03 PM »
I
Just my opinion, but those 11 and 12 seed play in games should be reserved for mid majors. Lunardi  has  Temple vs Texas and Indiana vs BYU.  Put 4 mid majors and make them a 14 seed or so
I want to see the best teams in. Don't care if its MId Major or not.

« Reply #159 on: March 09, 2015, 03:02:18 PM »
I
I want to see the best teams in. Don't care if its MId Major or not.

I agree Tony