Bubble Watch

• 420 replies
Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #300 on: March 12, 2015, 11:48:53 PM »
We could get the play in game.

Please!

Why is that crazy? We have 11 losses, and we just shat the bed in the BE tourney.

The play-in game is relegated to teams who barely got into the tournament.  St. John's isn't gonna "barely" get into the tournament. 

We went 10-8 in the BE, and got killed in the first round of our conference tournament. We have 11 losses. Take a look at our record vs the top 25 and tell me there's no doubt we're in.

We are not gonna barely make the tournament with our resume', RPI ranking, and the conferences RPI rating.  That's not gonna happen! 

Some of you either don't understand or simply can't get it through your thick skulls.

« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2015, 11:50:02 PM »
Who else is playing tonight that we need to go down? Saw Miami and UNLV lost.

Xavier

« Reply #302 on: March 12, 2015, 11:50:34 PM »

Please!

Why is that crazy? We have 11 losses, and we just shat the bed in the BE tourney.

The play-in game is relegated to teams who barely got into the tournament.  St. John's isn't gonna "barely" get into the tournament. 

We went 10-8 in the BE, and got killed in the first round of our conference tournament. We have 11 losses. Take a look at our record vs the top 25 and tell me there's no doubt we're in.

We are not gonna barely make the tournament with our resume', RPI ranking, and the conferences RPI rating.  That's not gonna happen! 

Some of you either don't understand or simply can't get it through your thick skulls.

Xavier isn't even on the bubble and they have 12 losses.

« Reply #303 on: March 12, 2015, 11:52:58 PM »

Please!

Xavier isn't even on the bubble and they have 12 losses.

I happened to change the channel to ESPN, and ironically, they were scrawling the Big East teams who are "IN" the tournament.

The scrawl read....  "Villanova, Georgetown, Butler, Providence, St. John's, Xavier."

Poison

« Reply #304 on: March 12, 2015, 11:58:18 PM »

Please!

This team is a hair better than they were last year, but believe whatever makes you happy.

« Reply #305 on: March 13, 2015, 12:02:23 AM »

Please!

This team is a hair better than they were last year, but believe whatever makes you happy.

Let me give you some facts.  Maybe, this will help you out since you can't pick up. 

Their RPI is much better than it was last season.  Their RPI is what killed them a season ago, as it was around #60 or #61.  This year it's in the high 30's.  Not to mention, the conference RPI is #2 at the moment. 

It doesn't have anything to do with making me "happy."  It's about common sense and being aware how the system works.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:02:42 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #306 on: March 13, 2015, 12:04:27 AM »

Please!

Let me give you some facts.  Maybe, this will help you out since you can't pick up. 

Their RPI is much better than it was last season.  Their RPI is what killed them a season ago, as it was around #60 or #61.  This year it's in the high 30's.  Not to mention, the conference RPI is #2 at the moment. 

It doesn't have anything to do with making me "happy."  It's about common sense and being aware how the system works.

Has Lavin ever won a big east game with his own players?

« Reply #307 on: March 13, 2015, 12:05:23 AM »

Please!

Irrelevant, and nor do I give a eff.  So, STFU.

boo3

« Reply #308 on: March 13, 2015, 12:08:10 AM »

Please!

Go to bed Baldi .  Good lord

« Reply #309 on: March 13, 2015, 12:09:45 AM »

Please!

Go to bed Baldi .  Good lord

That might be best for him. 

« Reply #310 on: March 13, 2015, 12:11:03 AM »

Please!

Please. Going to have to to better than that
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:16:06 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #311 on: March 13, 2015, 12:17:44 AM »

Please!

I can.

« Reply #312 on: March 13, 2015, 12:19:45 AM »

Please!

I can.

Zzz tough guy act is boring bro. Get better

Chilleb

« Reply #313 on: March 13, 2015, 12:28:24 AM »
I see I missed a lot today...

« Reply #314 on: March 13, 2015, 02:07:11 AM »
I see I missed a lot today...
have no fear  it will play again today

LoganK

« Reply #315 on: March 13, 2015, 07:24:34 AM »
3/12/15 Bubble and Championship games

Championship:

None

Bubble:

Michigan @ Illinois (19-12) - Michigan 73 Illinois 55

Air Force @ Boise State (24-7) - Boise State 80 Air Force 68

Auburn @ Texas A&M (20-10) - Auburn 66 Texas A&M 59

Middle Tennessee @ ODU (24-6) - Middle Tennessee 59 ODU 52

USC @ UCLA (19-12) -  UCLA 96 USC 70

Northwestern @ Indiana (19-12) - Indiana 71  Northwestern 56

Texas (20-12) @ Iowa State - Iowa State 69  Texas 67

Colorado @ Oregon (23-8) -   Oregon 93  Colorado 85

South Carolina @ Ole Miss (20-11) - South Carolina 60  Ole Miss 58

Miami (21-11) @ Notre Dame - Notre Dame 70  Miami 63

Fresno State @ Colorado St (26-5) - Colorado State 71  Fresno St 59

Stanford (19-12) @ Utah -    Utah 80  Stanford 56

LoganK

« Reply #316 on: March 13, 2015, 07:36:41 AM »
Yet another thread ruined by trolls; though this one I take personally because I spent a lot of time on this thread.  To anyone who has been writing about SJU missing the tournament - assuming none of you hate SJU - there are two possible explanations.  You are either trolling or you simply lack an understanding of how the NCAA tournament works.  The way things played out, we may not have even dropped a seed line.  A lot of teams around us lost.  We should still be somewhere in the 7-9 range (I'll know more certainly once I actually go through my "bracketology" again, hopefully tonight). 

Re: the actual bubble - you know, what this thread was supposed to be about - nobody seems to want to make the tournament.  Of the true bubble teams, only Indiana and Boise State won.  This means teams that I thought would be out with a loss, still have a chance.  There will be a few teams that played poorly down the stretch that will get in by default.  Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

LoganK

« Reply #317 on: March 13, 2015, 07:56:38 AM »
3/13/15 Championship and Bubble Games:

Championships:

None

Bubble games:

Wyoming @ Boise State (25-7) - pretty sure Boise is in already, but I figure better to be safe than sorry.

UCLA (20-12) @ Arizona - I think UCLA needs this game.  They are 2-7 vs the top 50, and 5-9 vs the top 100 with three not so great losses.  The only thing going for them is just about everyone around them lost already.

Georgia (20-10) @ South Carolina - Weird profile.  No top 50 wins (0-5), but 10 wins in the 51-100 range making them 10-8 vs the top 100 to go along with two pretty bad losses.  Are they in already?  Probably depends who you ask.  To those who have them out, a win here likely doesn't change that.

George Washington
(21-11) @ Rhode Island (21-8) - Both were assumed to be dead, but I think if either one makes it to the finals, they might sneak in.

Houston @ Tulsa (21-9) - Tulsa is one of those teams loving what they are seeing, but they still need to take care of business, starting with Houston.

Indiana (20-12) @ Maryland - If you ignore the way they ended the season and just look at the overall profile, Indiana should be in.  A win here locks it up for sure.

Stephen F Austin (24-4) @ Northwestern St - SFA has a few top 100 wins and one bad loss.  A loss in their tournament would be a second bad loss.  Their per possession numbers are very solid (KP = 41), as are their RPI and BPI (42, 56).  Will the committee keep them in the field with a loss?  It's possible, but they should play it safe and win their tourney to avoid being in Murray State's shoes.

Richmond (19-12) @ VCU - The A10 teams that were at the bottom or off the bubble have suddenly found themselves back on.  A run to the finals might get Richmond in.

Memphis @ Temple (22-9)- Temple's profile looks a little better with La Tech moving into the top 50.  Still have that bad loss @ St. Joe's (bad on paper, any committee members familiar with the rivalry will realize a two point loss @ St. Joe's isn't as bad as it looks).  A win against Memphis will put them above .500 against the top 100, which is always a good place to start.

La Salle @ Davidson (23-6) - I don't see the committee leaving out the regular season A-10 champion, especially with two top 50 wins and being 8-4 vs the top 100.  But, let's put em on the page anyway.

*Bold means in.  Bold with underline or Italics means near the bubble (underlined meaning probably on the right side of the bubble)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:56:49 AM by LoganK »

Poison

« Reply #318 on: March 13, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »

Please!

Let me give you some facts.

St.John's is a f*cking disgrace, and if you don't see that you don't know a damn thing about basketball, and you might have blurred vision. They lost their last two by a combined score of over 50 points.

The committee looks at RPI, and do you know what they also look at? How a team is playing right now, and they should be just as disgusted as I am, and as you should be, too.

If I'm on the committee, I give us the play in game. We don't deserve any better than that, and even that is generous.
This entire conference has every right to point to us at the #1 reason why the BE isn't what it was. Not Uconn. Not Syracuse. Not Pittsburgh. Not Louisville. But, St.John's. We do not pull our weight. Not ever.

Tha Kid

« Reply #319 on: March 13, 2015, 09:04:50 AM »
Baldi there is a reason you bitch about Iona not getting in with a f Ing terrible resume and then you try to create board chaos by acting like the johnnies don't deserve to and will not get in with a good resume.

You keep saying your a johnnies fan but I have never met someone who demonstrates their fanship like you but demonstrates it significantly differently about the other team he roots for.  Did Lavin take a dump in your coffee one day or something? Are you a johnnies fan but hate lavin so much you want us to miss out so we get a new coach and the ends justify the means (which personally is what I feel like you think as I know deep down you are a johnnies fan...but that exact kind of behavior and thinking you deemed despicable just five years ago when people were rooting against norm).

Cluess can't win the important ones either...but let me guess you like him?
"I drink and I know things"