Bubble Watch

• 420 replies

Tha Kid

Re: Bubble Watch
« Reply #320 on: March 13, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »
CBS bracketology updated today has us as a 7.  Yes a 7.  Should we trust baldi and poison that we are an 11/12 at best and firmly on bubble or someone who gets paid to f ing do this.  I'll go with the latter.

I still expect 8/9 but that's not bubble either.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #321 on: March 13, 2015, 09:28:27 AM »
CBS bracketology updated today has us as a 7.  Yes a 7.  Should we trust baldi and poison that we are an 11/12 at best and firmly on bubble or someone who gets paid to f ing do this.  I'll go with the latter.

You should not trust me that we are an 11/12 at best because that's not what I said. I think we deserve the play in game the committee has every right to ask the REAl St.John's team to stand up. I think we could go anywhere from a play in game to an 8 seed, but consider this:

In 1998, a St.John's team that had a better conference record than this one, and a good showing in the BE tourney was given a 7 seed. Has this team played as well that one?

Wods317

« Reply #322 on: March 13, 2015, 09:35:52 AM »
Can't really compare teams from 20 years ago. It was a different conference and different people on the committee. The bubble is also extremely soft this year, almost no team who was on the bubble yesterday did anything to help there case.

Tha Kid

« Reply #323 on: March 13, 2015, 09:40:40 AM »

You should not trust me that we are an 11/12 at best because that's not what I said. I think we deserve the play in game the committee has every right to ask the REAl St.John's team to stand up. I think we could go anywhere from a play in game to an 8 seed, but consider this:

In 1998, a St.John's team that had a better conference record than this one, and a good showing in the BE tourney was given a 7 seed. Has this team played as well that one?

1) the selection process has evolved significantly since then
2) impossible to compare seasons - this appears to be a year where there is an extremely weak if not basically non existent mid major at large field.  Thus lots of mediocre big conf teams appear likely to get bids.

Pete88

« Reply #324 on: March 13, 2015, 10:38:59 AM »
Openly rooting against the team because of his dislike for the coach ... pathetic. 
As they say with fans like these who needs enemies!!!!

« Reply #325 on: March 13, 2015, 12:24:05 PM »
Openly rooting against the team because of his dislike for the coach ... pathetic. 

You should have been here for the end of the Roberts Era.  It was the majority position.

CC

« Reply #326 on: March 13, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »
9 seed in Virginia's bracket
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:28:01 PM by CC »

« Reply #327 on: March 13, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »
even lunardi left us at the 7.  looks like the 7 seed might still be possible

LoganK

« Reply #328 on: March 13, 2015, 01:58:53 PM »
Let me give you some facts.

St.John's is a f*cking disgrace, and if you don't see that you don't know a damn thing about basketball, and you might have blurred vision.
They lost their last two by a combined score of over 50 points. 

The committee looks at RPI, and do you know what they also look at? How a team is playing right now, and they should be just as disgusted as I am, and as you should be, too.

If I'm on the committee, I give us the play in game. We don't deserve any better than that, and even that is generous.
This entire conference has every right to point to us at the #1 reason why the BE isn't what it was. Not Uconn. Not Syracuse. Not Pittsburgh. Not Louisville. But, St.John's. We do not pull our weight. Not ever.

Bold = fact  Italics = opinion  Underlined = false

For a post that started with "Let me give you some facts," you didn't use many...

As I said, anyone who thinks SJU is (or even should be, really, though I guess that's an opinion) on the bubble is either trolling, or does not know how any of this works.

Tha Kid

« Reply #329 on: March 13, 2015, 02:01:39 PM »

You should have been here for the end of the Roberts Era.  It was the majority position.

The glory days.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #330 on: March 13, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »

The glory days.

Thought for the day: If everybody was hating or "trolling" Roberts to be fired, does that make everyone trolls or just normal? If hating on Roberts was considered normal, does that mean everyone rooting for him would be considered a troll because they want something positive to happen to him?
Cougar O' Malley

Tha Kid

« Reply #331 on: March 13, 2015, 02:09:48 PM »

The glory days.

Thought for the day: If everybody was hating or "trolling" Roberts to be fired, does that make everyone trolls or just normal? If hating on Roberts was considered normal, does that mean everyone rooting for him would be considered a troll because they want something positive to happen to him?

Way too deep for this board!

With all of the Roberts teams, we NEVER had a shot at a tourney bid.  So those who were "rooting" for us to lose (I was not one of them), I think they just felt that they'd prefer be 8-24 and make the decision to get rid of him so blatantly obvious, rather than 18-14 and make the NIT and allow some idiots to convince themselves to bring him back despite no real success.

LoganK

« Reply #332 on: March 13, 2015, 02:33:10 PM »

The glory days.

It doesn't make someone a troll to have an opinion one way or the other.  It is trolling when there are baseless, repetitive postings, or, more specifically, posts strictly made to get a reaction out of other people.

Troll
/trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
1.informal
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

But yea, as Kid said, we're SJU fans, not philosophizers; don't hurt our brains :P

« Reply #333 on: March 13, 2015, 03:42:53 PM »
I doubt we get a 7. Would not be worst thing to fall to 10

« Reply #334 on: March 13, 2015, 05:31:49 PM »
I doubt we get a 7. Would not be worst thing to fall to 10

IMO only way we get a 7 is if they try to avoid second round matchups with teams we played already. Hoping we fall to a 10.

« Reply #335 on: March 13, 2015, 06:02:50 PM »
LSU just lost to AUBURN. Drop out of Top 50 RPI, have five sub-100 losses.

« Reply #336 on: March 13, 2015, 06:06:54 PM »
LSU just lost to AUBURN. Drop out of Top 50 RPI, have five sub-100 losses.

Pop.

« Reply #337 on: March 13, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
Lunardi has 5 from the SEC getting in. I only see 2 deserved

« Reply #338 on: March 13, 2015, 06:38:15 PM »

While I don't think Georgia is good, they have a solid profile.  RPI 39, SOS 38.  Kentucky and Arkansas are locks.  Ole Miss and LSU are bubble teams, and at least one should not get a bid.

« Reply #339 on: March 13, 2015, 06:42:10 PM »

While I don't think Georgia is good, they have a solid profile.  RPI 39, SOS 38.  Kentucky and Arkansas are locks.  Ole Miss and LSU are bubble teams, and at least one should not get a bid.

Georgia 0 wins vs top 50