Around Big East

• 3954 replies

TONYD3

Re: Around Big East
« Reply #2960 on: February 15, 2017, 08:46:34 PM »
Big East will be fine.. Would love to add VCU and another team of their caliber. I say screw all the teams that chose to leave. We are a very good, successful conference, and most teams in the conference are trending upward.
VCU wouldn't draw 3000 people at the garden

« Reply #2961 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:13 PM »
Big East will be fine.. Would love to add VCU and another team of their caliber. I say screw all the teams that chose to leave. We are a very good, successful conference, and most teams in the conference are trending upward.
So play them at Carnesecca.

« Reply #2962 on: February 15, 2017, 08:53:23 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 08:53:44 PM by redstorm212 »

TONYD3

« Reply #2963 on: February 15, 2017, 08:55:51 PM »
How would that make the conference better ? Money plays a big part. Why should the big east give VCU money?

goredmen

« Reply #2964 on: February 15, 2017, 10:24:59 PM »
How would that make the conference better ? Money plays a big part. Why should the big east give VCU money?

Because they make the tournament consistently. Tournament appearances and tournament wins = $$$ for the conference which gets distributed amongst the member schools

TONYD3

« Reply #2965 on: February 15, 2017, 10:46:14 PM »

Because they make the tournament consistently. Tournament appearances and tournament wins = $$$ for the conference which gets distributed amongst the member schools
VCU's coach is in Austin. No more tournament wins. Why should we split TV money with a mid major not in the east? The current VCU team doesn't make the tournament if they played i the big east this year.

NYCoffey

« Reply #2966 on: February 15, 2017, 10:51:49 PM »
Same could of been said about Creighton before they joined/

goredmen

« Reply #2967 on: February 15, 2017, 11:05:07 PM »

VCU's coach is in Austin. No more tournament wins. Why should we split TV money with a mid major not in the east? The current VCU team doesn't make the tournament if they played i the big east this year.

Good thing the Big East doesn't actually use that logic or we would be in the NEC right now. Do you remember that VCU beat us pretty handily this year?

TONYD3

« Reply #2968 on: February 16, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »

Good thing the Big East doesn't actually use that logic or we would be in the NEC right now. Do you remember that VCU beat us pretty handily this year?
Yes. So did LIU. Do you want to put them in the big east?

goredmen

« Reply #2969 on: February 16, 2017, 12:10:24 PM »

Yes. So did LIU. Do you want to put them in the big east?

They can't be doing any worse than we have been over the past decade plus

« Reply #2970 on: February 16, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »
Heard Ollie out at end of season

« Reply #2971 on: February 16, 2017, 12:23:27 PM »

Kevin Ollie at UCONN?  Are you on crack?  You mean fired or he goes to the NBA or another college job?

« Reply #2972 on: February 16, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »
if that's the case then I definitely don't want Uconn in the big east

but his contract is something like 3 mill a year. where will he get more than that ?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:30:04 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #2973 on: February 16, 2017, 12:35:56 PM »

Kevin Ollie at UCONN?  Are you on crack?  You mean fired or he goes to the NBA or another college job?

Personal problems

QuanMan

« Reply #2974 on: February 16, 2017, 04:10:49 PM »
2 monstrous Big East games on Saturday, 2 sold out professional arenas-

Marquette Athletics ‏@muathletics  6m6 minutes ago
More
 It's OUR day and it's SOLD OUT! We are ready to rock the @BMOHBC! #WeAreMarquette #NationalMarquetteDay

Seton Hall Athletics ‏@SHUAthletics  4h4 hours ago
More
 To accommodate the record crowd expected for Saturday's @SetonHallMBB game, @PruCenter doors will open 90min prior to tip (11am) #HALLin
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:13:12 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #2975 on: February 18, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »
Markus Howard just took a big dump on Xavier

« Reply #2976 on: February 18, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
2 monstrous Big East games on Saturday, 2 sold out professional arenas-

Marquette Athletics ‏@muathletics  6m6 minutes ago
More
 It's OUR day and it's SOLD OUT! We are ready to rock the @BMOHBC! #WeAreMarquette #NationalMarquetteDay

Seton Hall Athletics ‏@SHUAthletics  4h4 hours ago
More
 To accommodate the record crowd expected for Saturday's @SetonHallMBB game, @PruCenter doors will open 90min prior to tip (11am) #HALLin

2 games that weren't particularly competitive.  Marquette needed this badly and Xavier is shorthanded without both Sumner and Bluiett.

« Reply #2977 on: February 19, 2017, 10:51:07 AM »
Nova 67% from the field 57% from three.  Brunson 7 shots, 22 points.  They are truly what a smart, well coached team looks like on both sides of the floor.

« Reply #2978 on: February 22, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »
DePaul/G'town deadlocked at 65 with 4.9 seconds remaining in DC.  DePaul has the ball.

Syracuse won at the buzzer versus Duke up at the Dome.  Gillon banked in a trey from about 25", as the buzzer sounded.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:07:39 PM by mjdinkins »

goredmen

« Reply #2979 on: February 22, 2017, 09:10:07 PM »
What a dumpster fire Georgetown is right now