Pascal Chuwku - C - Trinity Catholic - Stamford, CT - PROVIDENCE

• 92 replies

paultzman

Re: Pascal Chuwku - C - Trinity Catholic - Stamford, CT
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2013, 03:50:28 PM »
I'm not a Chuwku fan. Does a lot of nothing. Then again he is 7 feet tall.

Would you rather have De La Rosa?

I'm not sure I've ever seen him play. So I can not comment.

If I had to pick a "true" center. I'm taking Myles Turner, then Elbert Robinson, and my safety option would be Thomas Welsch.

Even though I consider Goodluck a center. I'd also target Abdul-Malik Abu, Ben Bentil, and I'd swoop in late on Brekkott Champman.

Timely:
“@TheRecruitScoop: Providence has offered 2014 WE R1 (DE) PF Ben Bentil.”

SJUFAN

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2013, 03:57:23 PM »
I think Lavin is a dunce.

You have stated that before, what has he done that makes you believe that? 

Foad

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2013, 05:05:15 PM »
I think Lavin is a dunce.

You have stated that before, what has he done that makes you believe that?

Talked.

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »
Oddest recruiting season for SJU in awhile.
In a good way or bad way ?

paultzman

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »
“@BFlinnFuture150: Providence head coach Ed Cooley is here watching 2014 C Paschal Chukwu. Uconn head man Kevin Ollie is here as well. Syracuse also watching”

“@FinkelsteinNERR: Kevin Ollie, Mark Gottfreid, Ed Cooley, & Phil Martelli front & center for Paschal Chukwu to start @TheHoopGroup Summer Classic”

“@KevinMcNamara33: What recruit does Providence want next? Ed Cooley opens recruiting period watching 7 foot Pascal Chukwu in Philly.”
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:22:47 PM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2013, 05:23:18 PM »
“@FinkelsteinNERR: Bob Huggins now here for Chukwu as well...”

Surprise! Rothstein comparison;
“@JonRothstein: First time I've seen CBCs Paschal Chukwu in person. Strong prospect at 7-1. Great timing defensively. Reminds me of a young Hasheem Thabeet.”
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:48:12 PM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2013, 06:18:32 PM »
“@ASlater247: 7'2"Paschal Chukwu, #65 in '14, said UConn, St. John's, Providence, St. Joe's are all after him & offered. Cuse is interested & watched him”

paultzman

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »
First day of action at the two-day Summer Classic East, with all five courts at Competitive Edge in King of Prussia hosting a mix of 15U, 16U and 17U teams in the opening rounds. Here’s a notebook of (mostly) 2014s, including a number of kids from outside the CoBL coverage range with offers to a certain Big 5 school on City Avenue:

Paschal Chukwu (2014/Fairfield Prep/Connecticut Basketball Club)
A true 7-footer with a 92-inch wingspan, Chukwu is perhaps not too surprisingly a force to be reckoned with on the defensive end of the floor. And it’s something he clearly takes pride in.

7-footer Paschal Chukwu is a defensive force in the paint. (Photo: Mark Jordan)

“I think mostly importantly, I defended well today,” he said after CBC’s opening-round win over Team Philly. “Misdirecting shots, blocking shots, but I still have to improve my offense. That’s something I will continue to work on, to be a better player offensively.”

Chukwu named Providence, George Mason, UConn, St. John’s, St. Joe’s as offers, saying those were the schools in touch the most though he knew there were others. The Nigeria native has been to St. Joe’s campus a “couple of times,” and seemed to like Phil Martelli.

“I’ve met the coaching staff and I think (Martelli’s) a good coach and…a good guy,” he said. “That’s what I’m looking for in a school, a good coach that will develop me as a player and as a better person.”

“@jmverlin: Updates on @pauliejorgs, @thealecbrennan, Paschal Chukwu, @_cjkeyser22, @thedutchKroon + more from last night: http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2013/07/summer-classic-east-day-1-notebook/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:44:02 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2013, 07:52:50 PM »
Springfield, Mass.

“@terrence_payne: Providence set up right underneath the basket to watch 7-footer Paschal Chukwu #pcbb #hofnit”

“@terrence_payne: Paschal Chukwu being helped off the court. Leg injury. Getting it checked out now #hofnit”

Maybe Cooley got too close.

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »
Springfield, Mass.

“@terrence_payne: Providence set up right underneath the basket to watch 7-footer Paschal Chukwu #pcbb #hofnit”

“@terrence_payne: Paschal Chukwu being helped off the court. Leg injury. Getting it checked out now #hofnit”

Maybe Cooley got too close.

Terrence crawls back into Easy Eds backside after the session
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:15:09 PM by MaineQB »

paultzman

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2013, 02:25:38 PM »
"Pachal Chukwu (7’0″ Sr. C, Westport (CT) Fairfield Prep)     It’s unfortunate that he went down on Friday night with both an ankle injury (that he might have been able to play on later) and a cut that required several stitches in his hand, as he has been playing well.  His body still has a ways to go and he has to get stronger and add some ball toughness, but you can see the post moves coming and how well he uses his length.  High-major prospect."

“@PhilKasiecki: 2013 Hall of Fame National Invitational evaluations http://wp.me/p1srwV-15G1wg

paultzman

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »
“@TheBBallDiary: Paschal Chukwu isn't playing for CBC this week. Wrist injury from last week.”

paultzman

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2013, 11:03:00 AM »
"Just because someone happens to be 7 feet tall doesn't necessarily make him a player.

Paschal Chukwu at least looked the part when he stepped on the floor at a camp last summer.

"At first he was kind of tentative," recalled Dan Donnelly, Chukwu's AAU coach. "But once he got his feet wet, he wasn't afraid to push back."

Donnelly said Chukwu had his "coming out party" last July, and the attention from college basketball coaches -- including UConn's -- has been non-stop since for the 7-1 center, who is about to enter his senior year at Fairfield Prep. Providence, Boston College, Georgetown, North Carolina State, Maryland and St. Joseph's are among the members of his fan club, with several schools already offering scholarships to Chukwu, clearly the prime recruit in the region.

"His improvement in the last year has been dramatic," said one longtime NCAA Division I assistant coach. "Providence has done a really good job with him, but I think UConn is trying to make up some ground late."

Ct post.com article today.

PIB

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
A friend of mine has a son playing for Trinity. Let me see if I can squeeze some info out of her.

paultzman

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »
A friend of mine has a son playing for Trinity. Let me see if I can squeeze some info out of her.

Paschal is no longer at Trinity. Plays for Fairfield Prep.

PIB

« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2013, 01:10:02 PM »
I'm pretty confident they still remain in contact via social media, etc.

Could be wrong.

paultzman

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2013, 07:48:07 PM »
Told he will commit to Providence this week. We'll see.

« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2013, 08:51:04 AM »
Yikes! :buck2:

paultzman

« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »
"Paschal Chukwu, the 7-foot-1 center from Fairfield (CT) Prep, will likely choose between Providence and St. Joe’s and a decision could come soon, sources told SNY.tv."

“@AdamZagoria: Chukwu Down to Providence, St. Joe’s http://zagsblog.com/articles/chukwu-down-to-providence-st-joes/

paultzman

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
“@terrence_payne: Fairfield Prep center Paschal Chukwu just tweeted he will play for Ed Cooley at Providence College #pcbb”