Michael Williams - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - RUTGERS

• 49 replies
Michael Williams - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - RUTGERS
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:17:08 AM »
Gonzalez added: ”[The coaches] are calling me now slowly, the Big East schools and all that stuff. They see what he’s worth, what he brings to the table.

“Rutgers offered him. St. John’s likes him. Quinnipiac offered him. Dayton, of course. A few others, I can’t remember right now. They coming right now. This guy’s probably one of the hardest-working players in the league.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/loughlin-guards-carrington-williams-drawing-attention/#more-89541
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:09:40 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Michael Williams - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 10:17:28 AM »
Love this kid.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:18:55 AM »
Love this kid.

You and Happy are his advisers :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
Great minds think alike lol jk :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:24:45 AM by jmattera83 »

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:29:32 AM »
Great minds think alike lol jk :)

Nice John! I assume staff will be front and center Friday for game. I also hope someone shows up for Jordan's game tonight in Philly.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 10:31:37 AM »
Is anyone thinking of going to the CTK Loughlin game tomorrow @ CTK 7pm?

sju89tr

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »

I can't make it, maybe another time  ;)

Moose

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 10:41:06 AM »

I can't make it, maybe another time  ;)

It would be interesting if you went.  Since we might have targets on both teams and usually you see STJ lose maybe the game ends in a tie and all our targets have bad games ;)

Happy

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
Love this kid.

You and Happy are his advisers :)

Kid can play.  Some like him better than Carrington .

goredmen

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »
I love this kid's game. Can absolutely shoot the lights out but does way more than just shoot. If he was 6-4 instead of 6-1 (which is a little generous i think) big east and ACC schools would be all over him.

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 10:40:28 AM »
Good fit IMO.

“@NYPost_Brazille: Bishop Loughlin junior Mike Williams took in the Manhattan game last night. Jaspers are high on the sharpshooter.”

goredmen

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »
Good fit IMO.

“@NYPost_Brazille: Bishop Loughlin junior Mike Williams took in the Manhattan game last night. Jaspers are high on the sharpshooter.”

He'd be the best player in the MAAC by the end of his Sophomore year

paultzman

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »
Bishop Loughlin junior sharpshooter Mike Williams recently added offers from Fordham, George Washington and Drexel.

Read more: RECRUITING CONFIDENTIAL: Wings Academy having trouble lifting kids to Division I colleges - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/collegesports/recruiting_confidential_wings_academy_ujOQczxymtcLXf2u58ImwN#ixzz2MzglyJoS

Moose

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »
Bishop Loughlin junior sharpshooter Mike Williams recently added offers from Fordham, George Washington and Drexel.

Read more: RECRUITING CONFIDENTIAL: Wings Academy having trouble lifting kids to Division I colleges - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/collegesports/recruiting_confidential_wings_academy_ujOQczxymtcLXf2u58ImwN#ixzz2MzglyJoS

Not to take away from Mike Williams but why are kids who are qualified playing for top PSAL team not getting ANY D1 looks at all?  KOB? Choz? Anyone?

LJSA

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 06:01:10 AM »
I never thought about it before, but yeah, Wings is always good and has decent if not undersized guards who don't seem to get a sniff ever.

And this part is scary: "Turnage figured his program’s luck would change after Justin Jenkins was the lone PSAL player to qualify last year"

Chilleb

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 02:05:56 PM »
Post really picked a great time to release this, not good attention on the verge of a final 4 game against lincoln

Moose

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 02:10:37 PM »
Post really picked a great time to release this, not good attention on the verge of a final 4 game against lincoln

Another Post article today about a kid from Jefferson who was in Juve jail until December. 

Chilleb

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »

Not to take away from Mike Williams but why are kids who are qualified playing for top PSAL team not getting ANY D1 looks at all?  KOB? Choz? Anyone?
I'll say this mike Taylor former rutgers commit who came out of boys and girls, was the cuny d3 player of the year this year at medger Evans (COUGH CHOKE). Boys and girls is the main culprit but to be honest I feel the story is a bit exaggerated, south shore has 2 kids committed to division one programs. The city as a whole is just down, they sold have been better off asking why not as many kids aren't going D1 out f NYC.

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 09:01:30 PM »
Rutgers?

St. John’s, UConn, Cincinnati and Florida State are all involved with 6-3 Loughlin junior Khadeen Carrington, who had 24 points in the loss, while Rutgers appears to lead at the moment for Loughlin’s sharpshooting junior, Michael Williams, who scored 19.

“@AdamZagoria: Rutgers, Cincy, St. John's, GW, Drexel, Fordham watching 2013 G Jon Severe & 2014s Khadeen Carrington &Mike Williams http://zagsblog.com/articles/christ-the-king-wins-new-york-city-catholic-class-aa-title/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:03:55 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 09:09:28 PM »
Rutgers?

St. John’s, UConn, Cincinnati and Florida State are all involved with 6-3 Loughlin junior Khadeen Carrington, who had 24 points in the loss, while Rutgers appears to lead at the moment for Loughlin’s sharpshooting junior, Michael Williams, who scored 19.

“@AdamZagoria: Rutgers, Cincy, St. John's, GW, Drexel, Fordham watching 2013 G Jon Severe & 2014s Khadeen Carrington &Mike Williams http://zagsblog.com/articles/christ-the-king-wins-new-york-city-catholic-class-aa-title/

At this point I believe RU is the only high major to offer Williams.