Sir'Dominic Pointer Draft Prospect

• 92 replies

boo3

Re: Sir'Dominic Pointer Draft Prospect
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 04:24:36 PM »
Wish him the best of luck.  Hope he makes it. 

Stop blaming Lavin for everything under the sun.  It reeks of an agenda.  He's gone.  Move on

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 05:03:52 PM »

Stop blaming Lavin for everything under the sun.  It reeks of an agenda.  He's gone.  Move on
Thank you

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
Previous staff didn't do this kid any favors. I do think he is athletic enough to get a look

I think they did do him a favor last year by asking him to play out of position. He proved to everyone that he could guard guys that had height and strength. I had no idea that he was even capable. He went from a college ball bust to an NBA player. Drafted or not, he'll play in the league.

He played out if position because there was noone else. He was underutilized the 3 previous years

He excelled at the 4.  He didn't play the 4 his first three years because of guys named Harkless and Sampson.  You think he should have gotten more minutes over those guys? 

Dom was a terrible outside shooter for most of his career. 

Those 2 couldn't leave fast enough.

You find a wAy to get your best players on the floor, regardless of position

Tha Kid

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 05:12:18 PM »
Previous staff didn't do this kid any favors. I do think he is athletic enough to get a look

I think they did do him a favor last year by asking him to play out of position. He proved to everyone that he could guard guys that had height and strength. I had no idea that he was even capable. He went from a college ball bust to an NBA player. Drafted or not, he'll play in the league.

He played out if position because there was noone else. He was underutilized the 3 previous years

He excelled at the 4.  He didn't play the 4 his first three years because of guys named Harkless and Sampson.  You think he should have gotten more minutes over those guys? 

Dom got plenty of time as a frosh and soph.  Some guys develop differently.  Dom looked terrible out there last year many times.  Its not all on Lavin here.  Credit to Dom for making himself significantly better and Lavin to aiding him in doing so.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 05:17:09 PM »

He ain't playing the 4 in the league and he wasn't a true 4 for us at least on offense.

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 05:17:53 PM »

Dom got plenty of time as a frosh and soph.  Some guys develop differently.  Dom looked terrible out there last year many times.  Its not all on Lavin here.  Credit to Dom for making himself significantly better and Lavin to aiding him in doing so.

Dom was the top ranked player in that SJU class.  He got the 7th most minutes is freshman year

Tha Kid

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 05:24:55 PM »

Dom was the top ranked player in that SJU class.  He got the 7th most minutes is freshman year

So then you should be blaming Dunlap, not Lavin, correct?

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »

Do you think Phil Greene and Orlando Sanchez are better than Pointer?

Tha Kid

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 05:29:30 PM »

Do you think Phil Greene and Orlando Sanchez are better than Pointer?

Right now? No.

Just because someone is higher ranked or has more talent doesnt mean they deserve more time.  He couldnt play 4 because the only TWO nba players Lavin produced here (so far) played the 4.  So its not like Lavin had him behind someone worse.  We all know Dom was much worse as a 3 as a junior and younger.

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 05:29:56 PM »

Hows Dunlap doing btw?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:30:19 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 05:32:29 PM »

What agenda? Like you said, he's gone. So how can there be an agenda?

boo3

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »
 Dom wasn't a very good player his first few years.  In fact, as a junior he was terrible.   You wanna blame the staff for that fine, then give them credit for his great sr season. 

He was playing out of position early on in his career, reason being,  there was NBA talent ahead of him playing point forward.  Mo, the Jakarr.   

Point his, he had a great senior season and positioned himself to possibly get drafted, yet in this thread, like all others, you find need to take a shot a former coach.  Unnecessary and petty.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 05:34:17 PM »
Dom wasn't a very good player his first few years.  In fact, as a junior he was terrible.   You wanna blame the staff for that fine, then give them credit for his great sr season. 

He was playing out of position early on in his career, reason being,  there was NBA talent ahead of him playing point forward.  Mo, the Jakarr.   

Point his, he had a great senior season and positioned himself to possibly get drafted, yet in this thread, like all others, you find need to take a shot a former coach.  Unnecessary and petty.

"Positioned himself" . My point exactly

QuanMan

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 05:34:26 PM »
I agree that Lavs deserves a good amount of credit towards the development of Dom within his schemes, but don't forget about Rico, who developed each of these 2015 seniors and CO incrementally to the point where they achieved notable success last year.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:35:40 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 05:39:46 PM »
I agree that Lavs deserves a good amount of credit towards the development of Dom within his schemes, but don't forget about Rico, who developed each of these 2015 seniors and CO incrementally to the point where they achieved notable success last year.

Staff did such a great job that they all had to look for job this year. Cmon

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 05:58:06 PM »

Dom had the  5th most minutes his freshmen year. Man how could he only  get 30 minutes a game?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »
Good for Dom that he's getting some looks from the GMs.   For his sake, I hope some team drafts him and lets him develop. 
Stranger things have happened than a kid with out of this world athleticism, and good hustle, making it as a pro athlete.   

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2015, 06:32:21 PM »

Dom had the  5th most minutes his freshmen year. Man how could he only  get 30 minutes a game?

Did Phil Greene average more?

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »

Does Phil Greene play a different position?

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »

Does Phil Greene play a different position?

Do we know what position he played?