Event at Staten Island Campus

• 44 replies
Re: Event at Staten Island Campus
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 01:44:45 PM »
What time is the  practice?

Does anyone have any additional info?

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 04:49:39 PM »
So I emailed an Events manager at St Johns and she had no knowledge of a scrimmage on Staten Island this friday.

And I thought I saw a Matt A twitter that said practice is starting on friday...

So....   :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Poison

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 05:05:40 PM »
Anyone have any additional details?

Maybe a link?

They are actually holding this on Staten Island. Why would anyone need a link? No one is going.

Your disdain of everyplace not Nyc is well documented.  Now we discover that you have ill feelings about one of the five boroughs of Nyc.

Exactly what locations do you like?

Who doesn't have "ill feelings" about Staten Island?

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 08:39:17 PM »
So I emailed an Events manager at St Johns and she had no knowledge of a scrimmage on Staten Island this friday.

And I thought I saw a Matt A twitter that said practice is starting on friday...

So....   :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Call anyone at St. John's and ask them anything and you will get the same stock answer, "I know nothing!"

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2016, 10:59:48 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised to receive a follow up email from St. Johns regarding my query into the Staten Island scrimmage. The relevant section is as follows...

"I was able to find out that this Friday’ event at the Staten Island campus is the Staten Island Tip Off event. It starts at 7:30pm tomorrow (Friday) in the gym at the Staten Island Campus and the basketball team will be scrimmaging."

Going to try me best to go. 

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 12:40:11 PM »

Maybe a link?

They are actually holding this on Staten Island. Why would anyone need a link? No one is going.

Your disdain of everyplace not Nyc is well documented.  Now we discover that you have ill feelings about one of the five boroughs of Nyc.

SI campus way nicer than Queens campus. There are trees and nice houses  and is on top of a hill. Should move whole university there might make recruiting much easier.

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 12:51:05 PM »
They used to have this SI practice every year. Grew up around the corner from the campus. Used to sneak into the gym all the time. In fact was in there playing when the team showed up once and I played Chuckie Sproling one on one. He was a good dude, but I had a better jump shot
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:51:37 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 02:21:35 PM »
They used to have this SI practice every year. Grew up around the corner from the campus. Used to sneak into the gym all the time. In fact was in there playing when the team showed up once and I played Chuckie Sproling one on one. He was a good dude, but I had a better jump shot
I know Chuckie once scored 71 points in a high school game but how much did you beat him by?  :)

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 02:32:57 PM »
I know Chuckie once scored 71 points in a high school game but how much did you beat him by?  :)

Yeah when I heard that I got mad at my parents for not moving to Colorado while I was in HS lol
Seriously was a good guy. I was shooting he blocked my shot from behind.
Then he played one on one with me until they told me to get off the court.

Poison

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 02:52:24 PM »

Maybe a link?

SI campus way nicer than Queens campus. There are trees and nice houses  and is on top of a hill. Should move whole university there might make recruiting much easier.

Dear God.

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 02:57:01 PM »

Maybe a link?

Dear God.

Actually there are some SI HS campuses nicer than the Queens campus. It makes sense since SI mostly is made up from people who have migrated from Brooklyn and Queens. Then when the borough is over run with those people, Islanders move to New Jersey. That is the progression. No one has ever moved from Staten Island to Queens and if the Mets did not play there no one would ever visit Queens.

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »

Maybe a link?

Dear God.

Actually there are some SI HS campuses nicer than the Queens campus. It makes sense since SI mostly is made up from people who have migrated from Brooklyn and Queens. Then when the borough is over run with those people, Islanders move to New Jersey. That is the progression. No one has ever moved from Staten Island to Queens and if the Mets did not play there no one would ever visit Queens.

Tennis anyone?!?!

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2016, 03:59:56 PM »

Maybe a link?

Dear God.

Tennis anyone?!?!

With a gun to my head, I can name I think 3 current tennis players and two of them are in the same family and the other I think is suspended. Anna K still play?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:01:10 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2016, 11:59:12 PM »
Anna K still play?

No.  Long since retired.  But they got a lot of hot women playing.  Even with Sharapova's PED suspension.

paultzman

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2016, 10:43:07 AM »

Matt Abdelmassih –  ‏@mabde33

Hope that those that can make it, especially Poison, join us tonight at our @StJohnsU Staten Island Campus to meet the 16-2017 squad. You won't be disappointed

Poison

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2016, 11:41:51 AM »

Hope that those that can make it, especially Poison, join us tonight at our @StJohnsU Staten Island Campus to meet the 16-2017 squad. You won't be disappointed

Lol. Seriously, I hope that all 4 people who manage to make their way across land and sea to attend this return to their homes later on tonight filled with hope for the 16-17 season.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:50:27 PM by Poison »

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2016, 03:20:44 PM »

Lol. Seriously, I hope that all 4 people who manage to make their way across land and sea to attend this return to their homes later on tonight filled with hope for the 16-17 season.

Well, your estimate went from "no one" to 4.  So thats progress.

Poison

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2016, 06:48:39 PM »

Well, your estimate went from "no one" to 4.  So thats progress.

Are you going?

paultzman