Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: around the big east
« Reply #2720 on: April 23, 2016, 10:34:31 PM »
They are surprisingly very calm about this on the Providence board.  Essentially stating that he is the least valuable assistant on the staff, and that they can either promote Shamgod to help with the recruiting element and PG development or add another experienced X's and O's guy.

paultzman

« Reply #2721 on: May 02, 2016, 09:13:21 PM »
Per Rothstein;

Villanova's Kris Jenkins announces that he's returning to school next year, per his twitter page. Originally made plans known two weeks ago.

paultzman

« Reply #2722 on: May 16, 2016, 07:42:25 PM »
Per Rothstein;

2016 guard Eron Gordon has committed to Seton Hall, per his twitter page. #shbb

« Reply #2723 on: May 17, 2016, 08:51:47 PM »
Should whitehead be gone, what does seton halls starting 5 look like?

Poison

« Reply #2724 on: May 17, 2016, 09:17:49 PM »

I think they're still a good team. They should have 3 All BE players in Carrington, Rodriguez and Delgado. Jevon Thomas will also be eligible and with with 3 proven scorers, he could be exactly what they need to replace Whitehead. I'd still place them in the top 3/4 teams in the BE.

Marillac

« Reply #2725 on: May 17, 2016, 11:30:34 PM »

I think they're still a good team. They should have 3 All BE players in Carrington, Rodriguez and Delgado. Jevon Thomas will also be eligible and with with 3 proven scorers, he could be exactly what they need to replace Whitehead. I'd still place them in the top 3/4 teams in the BE.

You're such a glass half-full type of guy.

« Reply #2726 on: May 17, 2016, 11:32:21 PM »

Fwiw Thomas will not be eligible for first semester due to grades issue. Starting lineup up of Carrington Rodrigues Sonago Delgado and the better of the two frosh will be pretty good. Carrington could be first team BE this year
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #2727 on: May 17, 2016, 11:33:02 PM »

They beat the national champion. Respect?

« Reply #2728 on: May 17, 2016, 11:42:52 PM »

Think twice, once in reg season and in BE final if i'm not mistaken.

Poison

« Reply #2729 on: May 18, 2016, 12:01:13 AM »

Think twice, once in reg season and in BE final if i'm not mistaken.

But who's counting?

Marillac

« Reply #2730 on: May 18, 2016, 03:11:34 AM »

We beat the sh*t out of the national champs Lavin's first year (up 30 at one point) and I don't remember you being so complimentary.

Poison

« Reply #2731 on: May 18, 2016, 08:30:45 AM »

We beat the sh*t out of the national champs Lavin's first year (up 30 at one point) and I don't remember you being so complimentary.

Because you didn't remember it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Cut the act. It's getting old.

« Reply #2732 on: May 18, 2016, 12:42:00 PM »
Per Zags:

Kalif Young, 6-9 Canadian PF from @AI_OvillePrep , chose Providence over Marquette.

wpc77

« Reply #2734 on: May 24, 2016, 09:13:58 PM »
Georgetown just hired notre dame's lead assistant for recruiting, Anthony Solomon.  Big time hire. 

« Reply #2735 on: May 24, 2016, 09:24:01 PM »
Georgetown just hired notre dame's lead assistant for recruiting, Anthony Solomon.  Big time hire. 

With Inglesby set to go to Delaware that means Mike Brey has two big hires to make.

wpc77

« Reply #2736 on: May 24, 2016, 09:50:43 PM »

With Inglesby set to go to Delaware that means Mike Brey has two big hires to make.

He will likely hire 2 former players. 

wpc77

« Reply #2737 on: June 07, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »
Fyi brey ended up hiring two former player, Ryan ayers and Ryan Humphrey, one of which has 2 years of experience at bucknell as an assistant and the other who has none (but was a player development coach at northwestern). Brey going with familiarity.  Bet Mullin does the same in replacing slice, likely even will do that from within

« Reply #2738 on: June 13, 2016, 01:22:43 PM »
Former Ohio State guard Austin Grandstaff will transfer to DePaul, source told @CBSSports. Briefly transferred to Oklahoma.

« Reply #2739 on: June 30, 2016, 01:54:57 PM »
2017 Gilman (MD)/Georgetown commit G Tyler Foster is reopening his recruitment. (HT @jeffborzello) @tyfrost_ verbalcommits.com/players/tyler-…