Event at Staten Island Campus

• 44 replies
Re: Event at Staten Island Campus
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2016, 10:14:33 AM »

Matt Abdelmassih –  ‏@mabde33

Hope that those that can make it, especially Poison, join us tonight at our @StJohnsU Staten Island Campus to meet the 16-2017 squad. You won't be disappointed

Lol. Seriously, I hope that all 4 people who manage to make their way across land and sea to attend this return to their homes later on tonight filled with hope for the 16-17 season.

Well, your estimate went from "no one" to 4.  So thats progress.

Are you going?

I really wanted to go and was plannig on it.  But the weather and traffic situation was uncooperative. 

Im coming from Jersey City and Staten Island is slightly more convenient than going back to campus.  Thats why I was really into this. 

Poison

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »

Matt Abdelmassih –  ‏@mabde33

Hope that those that can make it, especially Poison, join us tonight at our @StJohnsU Staten Island Campus to meet the 16-2017 squad. You won't be disappointed

Lol. Seriously, I hope that all 4 people who manage to make their way across land and sea to attend this return to their homes later on tonight filled with hope for the 16-17 season.

Well, your estimate went from "no one" to 4.  So thats progress.

Are you going?

I really wanted to go and was plannig on it.  But the weather and traffic situation was uncooperative. 

Im coming from Jersey City and Staten Island is slightly more convenient than going back to campus.  Thats why I was really into this. 

I understand. It just wasn't convenient for you. From the 4 photos that the basketball
braintrust put up on their website, it appears as if there were about 30 people in attendance. Hopefully, this new staff learns from mistakes like this one.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:12:28 PM by Poison »

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2016, 08:45:02 PM »
The photos of the gym did not show the bleaches, though small were completely full of students. The opposite side that had about 50 folding chairs that were full several minutes after the photos was taken. President Bobby was in attendance along with his wife, so I estimate there were about 150 people at the event. There was no scrimmage but about a 70 minute practice session. Overall the team looks bigger and of course more athletic than last years team. I attended with JPM114 and since we were the first to arrive we were able to chat with Chris and Matt a bit. Chris joked that Matt was only home only for the weekend. The evening practice was devoted to offensive drills that included shell drills, some transition work and some half court offense. They finished  the practice by having the players shoot "around  the world" where the players can only move to the next spot after making 3 in a row from the previous spot, as you might expect Mussini was the first to complete the sequence. It was great to get a close up look at the new players as well as seeing physical progress in those that returned. Practice ended with a players autograph session. All in all it was a fun event and a nice way to kick off the season. 

paultzman

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2016, 09:32:44 PM »
The photos of the gym did not show the bleaches, though small were completely full of students. The opposite side that had about 50 folding chairs that were full several minutes after the photos was taken. President Bobby was in attendance along with his wife, so I estimate there were about 150 people at the event. There was no scrimmage but about a 70 minute practice session. Overall the team looks bigger and of course more athletic than last years team. I attended with JPM114 and since we were the first to arrive we were able to chat with Chris and Matt a bit. Chris joked that Matt was only home only for the weekend. The evening practice was devoted to offensive drills that included shell drills, some transition work and some half court offense. They finished  the practice by having the players shoot "around  the world" where the players can only move to the next spot after making 3 in a row from the previous spot, as you might expect Mussini was the first to complete the sequence. It was great to get a close up look at the new players as well as seeing physical progress in those that returned. Practice ended with a players autograph session. All in all it was a fun event and a nice way to kick off the season. 

+1

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2016, 10:41:25 PM »
Sounds like a great time